Funny or Die: A First Date with Blink 182 & Linkin Park, 2 Tour Dates with Blink 182 Announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 4, 2017.

James11693

James11693 Member

This sucks, I'd much rather see Linkin Park close at citi field.. I love blink but Linkin Park always has a great stage set that is awesome at night time. If they go on first, they'll be playing in the daytime. Sigh...

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Good thing you would be saving the best for last ;)

Well if Tom was there :cry:

With MGK and Wu-Tang clan also playing, I'm sure Linkin Park will still go on around night time.

James11693 likes this.
    James11693

James11693 Member

So it looks like Linkin Park will be closing out citi field?

James11693

James11693 Member

With MGK and Wu-Tang clan also playing, I'm sure Linkin Park will still go on around night time.[/QUOTE]

Yea I hope so. Though, I have a feeling it'll be daytime since it doesn't get dark then until around 9 30. Hopefully the actual set length will be decent too since it's two large bands playing.

Blake likes this.
    Blake

If the posters are correct, Blink-182 is closing out at Citi Field. Linkin Park is closing out at the Hersey show.

I'm guessing Linkin Park will at least get an hour of playing time

James11693 likes this.
    James11693

James11693 Member

Anyone else have a feeling that they'll add a second date to the citi field show for that following Saturday?

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Wow... people in New York went from wondering why they didn't get a show to getting the best show of all lol. LP, Blink, MGK, Wu Tang....

I wouldn't go by the posters. I could be wrong but my gut tells me Linkin Park closes both shows. Although they are calling those "Welcome to Blinkin Park" instead of "One More Light World Tour"......

While this is true, keep in mind Linkin Park has in the past headlined shows where the "runner-up" act has had the power to headline.

- Incubus
    - Stone Temple Pilots (people at that show were actually saying "How isn't STP the headliner?" though that talk quieted way down after seeing LP's performance. No joke)
    - Rise Against
    - P.O.D. (at the time, LP was newer on the scene if I'm not mistaken, and P.O.D. was popular)
    - 30 Seconds to Mars / AFI (these may be arguable, but they still have headlined shows)

I don't think Blink-182, especially sans Tom, being a support for Linkin Park is odd at all, wherein no agreement or anything would really be needed. My gut tells me the poster designs were more just to change up the designs. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised either if Blink closes out one of those shows.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Blake

To be fair I'm pretty sure Blink-182 is bigger than P.O.D., 30STM, AFI and Rise Against to my knowledge. In 2017 I would argue they are bigger than Incubus as well. Blink-182's comeback has been hugely successful. As I said before, Blink-182 sold out the same venue in Seattle in September of last year that Linkin Park will be playing at in October. In 2017 in the US, their popularity is pretty close to the same.

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

They're definitely popular, no argument there, and I definitely see where you're coming from. I just personally feel like Blink was more popular in the past. Though I'll admit I'm very much just going on how it seems to me, and don't really have reasons like selling out comparable venues to back it up, like you did. I can't really pinpoint any solid reason for why it seems this way to me lol.

I'll still say though that it wouldn't at all be odd to me if Blink was consistent support for Linkin Park. And maybe they did just say "Let's each close out a show" since there's only two, so both get to do it, and it's being advertised as "Welcome to Blinkin Park" and thus a small, slight, maybe deviation from the One More Light World Tour, even though it's got One More Light World Tour dates before and after it (only one before it, anyway).

I definitely don't get the sense though that either group would be upset about not closing out one of the shows. From what I know and have heard, the two bands' members are friends, and it would seem a bit immature if they ever argued about that.

Blake likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Wait ... Wu-Tang Clan are opening for LP? :lol:

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

^ See everyone's talking about Blink 182 and here's the thing that's really got me excited!

Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with.

Blake likes this.
    Blake

To be fair Wu-Tang hasn't done anything relevant in years. They just have past popularity to go off of.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Like Linkin Park...... and Blink 182.......... :halfkappa:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:lol:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I understand if you say LP is outdated....but you do NOT FUCK WITH WU TANG :disgust::nono: #angery

Blake

I love Wu-Tang but it's a fact they haven't done anything relevant in years.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

who? i just know #blinkinpark :kappa:

Blake and TobinKnowsBest like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

To be fair both are faaar more popular in 2017.

Blake likes this.
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I was only being semi serious my friend