Linkin Park premieres Good Goodbye Music Video featuring Pusha. T and Stormzy

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 5, 2017.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Welp I didn't think I'd see the phrase sell out being thrown around on here like its the youtube comment section.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I love the band more for this video. I have no clue why people are getting so butt hurt over it. I think it's hilarious and I legit burst out laughing when the guy's head exploded. This video is fun and people need to lighten up.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Exactly! it was supposed to be a funny out of place video. we have enough from their "hey look at me, I'm fucking depressed you can't help me" stuff they've done a millon times.
    The world is fucked up enough so why can't we have a little bit of fun?

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

If it was their intention, they definitely did it :D

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

The Mercedes thing is an obvious homage to LA Clippers own Blake Griffin, when he jumped over a Kia in the 2011 Slam Dunk Contest

Abel and Evan like this.
    Mitch

Mitch YTB

I've watched this video multiple times already, which is more than I can say for most of their recent ones. It's different and I like it.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I like this video for two reasons:
    1. It's the band just having fun for once. Not caring if a video is going to win an award, etc.
    2. If anyone is still under the impression that they made this album or the videos to appease the label... just watch this video. I doubt any label is pushing a band to make a video like this.

Abel and Meteorain like this.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It's a nice break from being so fucking grim all the time, though the 'vaporwave' style of it is a bit weird. While they were very likely working on it roughly the same time Weeknd was doing a similarly looking I Feel It Coming video, it's giving me a weird kind of 'I can do that too!' vibe. Unless that was the entire joke.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Anyone think that little lead in the intro is at the end of the previous track on the album?

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Please don't tease like that...I absolutely love that 80's synth intro, and now I'll be disappointed if "Nobody Can Save" doesn't sound that way LOL.

SkullDevil217 and Sasuke like this.
    Vic

Vic No game no life

People completely missing the point of the video, which is having a small weird and funny time. I liked the video, I welcome this kind of silliness.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Some of you are taking this way too seriously :lol:

LohithMohan likes this.
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

No I wasn't aware of that. Makes a little more sense now I guess. Unfortunately I don't follow LP the way I used to. Still think it's a pretty terrible video though.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I don't necessarily see those as blatant product placements as they were more of a tie in and it was widely publicized. This on the other hand comes off utterly cheap.. Esp because they have done it for the same company two videos in a row.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

This video was so weird, so unexpected, yet there's something really intriguing about it. I actually dig the 80s aesthetic, as I haven't seen such an intentionally retro music video in a long time.

Also, Good Goodbye is growing on me with every listen. Can't say it will ever be a favorite, but it is a more interesting song in the context of the video.

Can any one explain why that girl wiped out/incinerated everyone at the end? Surely there is some sort of symbolism behind this, apart from the opposing team players fouling out and being mocked by the audience.

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Not on board with this mindset at all.

I liked the videos from Meteora : Faint, Breaking the Habit, Numb were good. From the Inside was pretty good and Somewhere I Belong was fine.

Yeah they pointed out beforehand they wanted to just have fun and not be serious at all, and even mentioned that's unlike basically all of their other videos. I'm not saying this video is among my favourites of theirs, but I'm fine with it for what it is and was intended to be. I wasn't needing or wanting an amazing video that ended up in my favourites list for Good Goodbye.

One More Light, if it gets a video, would be a different story. And needless to say, when they've stated that song is about the passing of a friend, it's a pretty solid bet they're going to have a serious vibe for it.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Its weird if OML (song) doesnt get an official MV since the songs mentioned on the sticker are Heavy, Good Goodbye and Invisible (considered to be s

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I think he's the greatest, but my dad says he doesn't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, he doesn't even run down court. And that he doesn't really try except during the playoffs.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Chester & Mike dancing behind the guests is killing me.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Alexrednex and Doridorica like this.
  20. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Mike's rapping and Chester's hat is killing me.