May 6, 2017 - Buenos Aires, Argentina: Maximus Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 5, 2017.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

After having spent a few months on the road for promotion of One More Light, it's finally time for Linkin Park to kick back into touring. And to do that, why not start of with a South American tour? It worked for A Thousand Suns, didn't it?

Yes, A Thousand Suns touring kicked off in South America, more specifically in Argentina, the same country that we're talking about today. The start of that cycle brought with it such classic live songs (that are no longer in the set) like When They Come for Me, Wisdom, Justice, and Love and of course The Messenger. None of those songs made it into the pro shot half hour special that was shown on TV later on, and the clips that are online shot from the audience aren't particularly good, so instead you get one of the pro shot songs. The last and most recent time the band played in Argentina was in 2012 when touring for LIVING THINGS. That show was in the middle of the cycle so they didn't bring out anything new for it. Sadly there wasn't any kind of pro shot for this show, but someone made a nice multi cam cut of A Place for My Head, so you can watch that below.

As a full band there hasn't been much to talk about in the world of live Linkin Park, having only performed twice. Those two performances were on Late Late Show with James Corden back in February and at the ECHO Awards in March. At both of these performances they played Heavy(feat. Kiiara), and there are recordings of them. However, on the Late Late Show they also performed the song Invisible from their upcoming album One More Light. Nothing is known about this performance as of yet. The audience was strictly forbidden to record (as is standard at all TV/Award/Movie/Everything tapings) and possibly even forbidden to talk about the song since it has now been three months and no details have come out, other than it being played. If the song appears in the setlist at some point during this tour, we will just have to wait and find out. For now you can take a look at the two recordings of Heavy(feat. Kiiara) here below.

As mentioned earlier, this show in Argentina kicks off the whole touring cycle for One More Light and what can we expect to hear? Heavy, Battle Symphony, Talking to Myself, Invisible, and One More Light have all been performed in some way. Talking to Myself and One More Light were performed in early March during a Warner Brothers Records event, where only Mike, Brad, and Chester performed the songs. Battle Symphony was performed by Mike and Chester during their European promo events where they did interviews and played some songs. Then there's Good Goodbye. Mike has mentioned that it will be performed live and the band streamed from their rehearsal where they performed a shorter version of the song, with only two rap verses, one of them being a new one from Mike. Then of course we have Invisible, as previously mentioned it was performed in February, so it's very possible that it's left in the set.

Speaking of the set, will there be multiple? This tour starts with a festival show, and already the next one is a headlining show. These tend to differ in setlist and length, so we might have to hold off on the speculation until those first two shows have been performed. The next show the band plays is in Chile, a country that the band has only visited once before. That show takes place on May 9.

LIVESTREAM
    9:30 PM ART | 1:30 AM BST
    COUNTDOWN
    Are you going to this show? Have you attended any of the previous shows in Argentina? Come and discuss in our forums.

Remaining shows on this tour:
    May 9, 2017 - Santiago, Chile
    May 11, 2017 - Lima, Peru
    May 13, 2017 - Sao Paulo, Brazil

Setlist:
    01. ROADS UNTRAVELED
    (Verse 1 Only; Vocoded)
    02. The Catalyst [Shortened]
    03. Wastelands
    04. Talking To Myself
    05. Burn It Down
    06. One Step Closer
    (2007 Intro)
    07. CASTLE OF GLASS (2017 Experience Version)
    08. Good Goodbye [Shortened] (Extended loop intro, Mike 2nd verse)
    09. LOST IN THE ECHO [Shortened]
    10. Battle Symphony
    11. New Divide
    12. Breaking The Habit
    (Sing along outro)
    13. Crawling (Piano version)
    14. Leave Out All The Rest [Extended] (2017 Live Version)
    15. Somewhere I Belong
    16. What I've Done
    (Extended Drone Intro, Extrended bridge)
    17. In The End (False Intro)
    18. Faint (Extended Outro)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)
    20. Heavy
    21. Papercut
    22. Bleed It Out
    (Ext. Bridge w/ Sing-along;; Ext.Ending)

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Ree and Michele like this.
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Excited for what they'll play! Not sure if they can top the THP shows, but we'll see. I hope the set and the crowd's energetic because...

...I'm sure we'll get the same energy that can be found in the new Mercedes AMG™, which pushes the limits of the regular car by adopting innovative technical approaches. :halfkappa:

Abel, Evan, Halfway Dwight and 2 others like this.
    drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

Linkin Park Brasil website confirmed that the festival (Argentina Version) will be streamed!

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Translation into english: "This Saturday don't lose any second of the Maximus Festival.
    #VorterixMaximus
    #ExclusiveStreaming
    #Live
    Saturday 6th of May | 12 hs
    Follow the festival on vorterix.com and on our social networks"

[​IMG]
    So yeah, tomorrow's show will be streamed!

myGuitarCoversHD likes this.
    Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

That's awesome. anyone know what time they will be on?

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that they'll play at 9.30 local time. It's too late for me to watch.

Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

Yeah.. same lol. Welp, fortunately there's always youtube :lol:

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

It'll be like 2 in the morning here so, yes I love the band but not so much, lol. Like you said, there's always youtube and I'll watch it tomorrow.

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

wait... there will be a stream in HD?

Kevin

The livestream excites me, but let's not forget that they are playing new music and that Warner has a tendency to not let LP be streamed in the period leading up to/right after a new album is released. Like Rock am Ring 2007 or Pukkelpop 2015.

Let's hope for the best here though!

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not promising anything but I'll be there at the festival and MAYBE I'll record some live footage of the new material.

Blake likes this.
    Kevin

That's appreciated

Mattwill45

Mattwill45 Member

Stream not available in United Kingdom? :(

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Wait really? Seems like a weird policy. So will there be gaps during new songs or something?

Kevin

No they just won't show the set if that's the case.
    There does seem to be a livestream though ... but locked to Argentina only. If you wanna see you're gonna need to find a good VPN

Iopia likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

"Can't post this on social media because Vorterix followed us: if you download the Vorterix app onto your phone (the purple one) you can watch the stream from there." - FROM LPL

I tested it and it works. No VPN needed. Rob Zombie is currently playing.

LPsoldierfrHUN likes this.
    Kevin

So to just throw an update in here.
    To watch the stream you can either use the Vorterix app, works on Android or iPhone.
    If you wanna watch on PC it's a bit trickier. Download any free VPN client that gives a free trial of some Mb, go to http://vorterix.com/ and start the stream. You can now turn the VPN off and it will still continue playing. Enjoy the show.

Iopia, LPsoldierfrHUN and Blake like this.
    eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

Excited to see their new setlist and get ready to next Saturday :headbang:

warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

What time does LP play?

Kevin

9:30 Local time in Argentina, that's 1:30 BST ... and here's a countdown All this info is available in the original post