Linkin Park Premiere "Talking To Myself" Live in Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 7, 2017.

1. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

The video's been taken down.

2. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Sorry for your loss :-(

Daniel Price likes this.
  3. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of people make this comparison, but honestly that just isn't the vibe I get. And while I like Iridescent, I hope my vibe/hunch is correct, because I think I'm looking for something different with One More Light.

Iridescent begins with sad tones, but doesn't take long to infuse not only hopeful lyrics, but a more uplifting instrumental sound.

Not to sound like some all-dark kinda guy, but I'd prefer One More Light doesn't do that, and just stays sad throughout. Partly considering it's about the passing of a friend, partly because I'd like a change from Iridescent, and partly because, admittedly, sad/emotional songs tend to not only resonate with me, but are often more memorable and timeless; finding myself listening to them years later.

Linkin Park has delivered sad tones (Numb, Powerless, Leave Out All the Rest --- all some of my favourites, too) but One More Light has the potential to be the most intentionally and crushingly sad song they've ever produced. And part of me is really intrigued to see if they can deliver that. That intrigue only increased when I read that when they played this song for studio executives, the entire room was weeping.

... ok maybe there is something wrong with me after all

ciao_fiv likes this.
  4. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

No fret, it's an interesting viewpoint. I dig sad/emotional songs as well. Although to me 'Iridescent' is bittersweet and not necessarily hopeful, I get where you are coming from. While I don't speak for those who made the comparison, the only thing I would say that when making that comparison, it just means I'm going to be hit extremely emotionally, regardless of whatever undertones it has.

P.S: I just realised if LP did combine Iridescent and One More Light into the set list, man it's gonna be one heck of a tearjerker for me.

Meteorain likes this.
  5. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Best quality I've heard:

Who knows how the studio version will sound but why the fuck wasn't this the first single instead of Heavy? God.

I'm still not "omg love it, it's so amazing" but it's a lot better than the other 3.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  6. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

That's true. I also did that google search and for whatever reason I was getting those dates too Mark. Pretty sure those were the earliest international dates that the album released in. But I'm pretty sure THP was June 17th, and I know for sure Living Things was June 26th in America cause I went to the listening party the moment it ended up leaking in Los Angeles on June 15th, over a week early. It got leaked accidentally on iTunes, then randomly started streaming a few hours later.

Too bad the CD is basically May 19th worldwide this time around. No chances of it leaking as early as the others unless a stream happens.

"
    New Linkin Park Album "LIVING THINGS" - OUT NOW
    It's finally here! Today is June 26th, 2012 and marks the release of Linkin Park's fifth studio album "LIVING THINGS" which is now available to purchase in the US everywhere!" Taken straight from LPA association

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Meteorain likes this.
  7. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll just have to disagree but I'd just like to point out for a lot of us, it's not any one song following the same formula that's the problem. I have no problem with a song like Heavy, which has a boring structure, presents only one musical idea, and has a similar tone throughout being in an album. I genuinely have no problem with that, and I actually really enjoy it as a song in its own right. But when you start stringing four or five songs back to back with similar tone and identical length and structure, I personally find it a tad boring, no matter how much I might enjoy the individual songs. To use the ATS example, you're dead on that many of the songs on that album have a boring structure and retain the same tone throughout the song, but for me, the reason why that works is because the band mixes it up so well. The more "standard" songs don't feel boring, since the more unusual structures in other songs (on top of the structureless interludes) makes songs like Iridescent or Waiting For The End feel fresh and exciting.

As an example, BITS is beautiful in its own right, but part of the reason why I love it so much is because it comes after two "experimental" (by LP's standards) tracks. By the time it comes on, it's a welcome change from the tone set by The Requiem/The Radiance. If it had been preceded by two other songs just as good but somewhat similar in tone and structure, I might genuinely love each song individually, but personally when listening to the album (which is 99% of how I listen to music) I'd be bored by the third similar, repetitive track in a row.

A perfect example of the complete opposite effect is the first half of Living Things. There, I like each song individually, but 5 songs in, I'm listening to I'll Be Gone and I'm often bored when the chorus hits because it feels so similar to the choruses on LITE, IMR and BID (LGM's is a bit different to be fair). It's not that I'll Be Gone is a terrible song, but again, when you string a whole bunch of 3 minute power ballads with "big", hooky Chester choruses, poppy synth riffs, and no twists and turns (except for the bridge of IMR), I just personally get a bit uninterested a few songs in, no matter how much I might enjoy any one song taken on its own.

Meteorain, Deliveranze and Alexrednex like this.
  8. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Coalition posted a small clip. Sounds kinda legit and convincing. Dont know what song it could be. Could be just linkin prank again but it sounds like mike

9. abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

Every one wanted sharp edges and said talking to myself..........told y'all biches tht its gonna be lit.....and it is

1.talking to myself
    2.battle symphony
    3.good goodbye
    4.heavy

10. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Where is this clip?

11. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

On Coalition, like he said :). Just search LP coalition VK into google, and have a look on their timeline.

Sounds vaguely LP-like, and could be some form of Mike singing. Very tough to tell though.

12. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

OMG IT JUST BURN IT DOWN xD that is fake as

13. fio1310

Really? I mean if you're sure, but I can't hear an ounce of BID in that clip.. Even if it's a Kind of reversed audio or something I can't recognise it. How are you so sure?

14. Wizardofozil

Just link me to it because I'm 99.9% sure it gonna be fake

15. fio1310

So why did you assume it was Burn it down....?
    Just search for LP coalition vk, like I said above. It's on there.

16. Wizardofozil

Because we might notbe listening to a same thing

17. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

This was exactly my reaction to Living Things. Lost in the Echo came on and I was like "Holy shit. Great opener! This might be the best LP album yet!" Then In My Remains came on, and I was like "Eh, forgettable but really good song." Then Burn It Down, and I was like "Ok. This is lame." Then Lies Greed Misery, and I was like "Banger but this album feels off." And once I'll Be Gone came on, I was like "Didn't I just hear this shit like 3 tracks ago?"

I agree that they are all good songs individually but they all feel mass-produced, like an assembly line of songs LP could write. Basically, it feels (besides LITE and LGM) like "What I've Done/New Divide" remixes packaged for a hit after hit.

Avo, Brandon, Iopia and 1 other person like this.
  18. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

The fuck?

19. fio1310

Someone create a post about it. I don't have the privileges. There's a certain leak reporting website that has it as leaked.

20. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

It hasn't leaked. Stop saying it did. That site is wrong.