OML Verified Fan Presale Contest concerns

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Eliot227, May 9, 2017.

Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

You'll see in my original post that the tour stop in my city is at a venue called the Hollywood Bowl which does not have a pit or GA area. See link to seating chart here. The best tickets are only reserved seats in the front section, all of which are reserved for VIP packages.

Sherri

Sherri Member

Strobe finally just emailed me back, and apparently they removed my account because they thought it was fraudulent, even though it's not. So I guess I don't get access to the pre-sale, even though I've done nothing wrong, and even though I bought a deluxe lpu membership? This is bullsh*t.

Bubbles

Bubbles I blow a lot of...

Out of curiosity, did you email/share to alternate email accounts?

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Email someone at LPU and see if you can get your money back. Maybe Lorenzo could help you out? That's a terrible situation.

Sherri

Sherri Member

I did, actually. But that's still a bullshit*t reason to remove me from the pre-sale line entirely. Move me down a few spots, sure, but don't remove me entirely.

Eliot227

You didn't address my last post, Derek, but you may be interested to know that I'm now hearing multiple reports of LPU members who fell outside of Group 1 and have been given access to presale codes much further back in the line, including for the Group 2 time (11 AM PDT) all the way back to Group 4. This is the exact opposite problem of what I was initially suggesting but is instead precisely your concern, as above. This, too, is a huge problem, because in this case, an LPU membership without significant participation in the contest seems to have garnered you no favor or "priority" access.

This whole thing is a mess.

EDIT: All codes went live at the same time. All of Groups 2, 3, and 4 could access tickets at 10 AM, same as Group 1. And everyone was limited to 2 tickets per purchase, even though the email, the contest page, and the ticketmaster website said "Max/Limit 4 tickets."

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    anotherlpfan

anotherlpfan New Member

This contest was a cluster and a scam IMO. Being a total idiot, I forgot to get my LPU subscription and missed out on that presale.

For this, I tried to get as high up as possible, and instead, none of my referrals counted lmao. They said that my list of people cheated, which is crazy because there were over 20 people. Anyway, I got dropped to #214 from #30 after support told me everything was locked in, and then went up to #211. I'm in group 2 for the 2pm 4 tickets max sale. 1 pm rolls around, I put in my code, it gets me 2 tickets. Only 2. Ticketmaster says no more tickets available.

So I keep refreshing and in different browsers, about 15 - 20 minutes later, another 2 tickets magically appear and I grab them.

Not only was the custom code bs, the times were irrelevant, and it couldn't even reserve 4 tickets at once, and I assume TM didn't release everything at once because that's common practice.

@LP2K12 likes this.
    @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Things I've taken away from this.
    1. The Strobe system sucks.
    2. Strobe is the future of ticketing. I mentioned in the shoutbox that I got my invite for the Imagine Dragons tour today and they are using the exact same strobe system.
    3. Ticketmaster already sucked, this makes it worse.
    4. LPU members kinda got screwed.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah, I'm not going to defend this system at all. This entire system was a mess and rolled out poorly.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The band/management has some explaining to do.

People spent money to buy albums to move themselves up higher in line so they could access tickets quicker, and other people behind them who didn't do shit were able to buy tickets ahead of them. Then what was the point of the hierarchy?

Should really re-think using Strobe again.

And then there's the ticket prices. Really guys? $170 CDN for pit or first-tier seating? With that lineup? I paid $123 for Muse AND 30 Seconds To Mars. I paid $90 for Foo Fighters and Royal Blood. Both at the same venue.

(Not the band's fault, but Ticketmaster are fucking gangsters with these service fees too. Why does the service fee go UP with the price of ticket? Explain the difference to me between the administration of a high-priced ticket vs a low-priced ticket. I'd love to hear it.)

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah not really sure how this system works, because without being signed up for the presale I can buy tickets. Also, these prices are ridiculous. The furthest back seating for $103 just because I moved up from the back row to the mid-back? That's awful. And now I'm probably not gonna end up going because of these prices.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Ticket prizes in general are gonna to expensive in the near future. 20€+ in 2 years is too much. As much as i love the band. And thats not the only band with the problem.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I was in Phase I for LA but guess what, Ticketmaster bombed and I couldn't get any ticket purchase to go through for 30 minutes. I saw all the good close up tickets disappear (Hollywood Bowl LA doesn't have GA). Even no my password leads to purchases not going through. So, yeah this whole system sucks. I've never had this issue before with other concert both TM and otherwise.

Bubbles

Bubbles I blow a lot of...

I guess I'm lucky my venue decided not to use TM. Instead they're doing their pre-sale on the 16th. So they have yet to mess that one up.

They still screwed up though and sent out a correction email stating that it would be the 19th, when the venue says the 16th. Hopefully there's no Houstonites out there who missed that error.

I feel bad for everyone who missed out because of these screw-ups.

Eliot227

"If you join LPU after Friday, April 21st, at 6 PM PST you won't be eligible for the upcoming ticket pre-sale" -LPU HQ

This was a complete and utter falsification of the truth, and an attempted money grab you can trace solely back to the fan club.

All presale codes went live at the same time this morning. They were usable for any venue at all, regardless of which city you signed up for, and if you tried to get tickets online, you could only purchase 2, not 4, and processing a transaction of 2 tickets would render your presale code invalid thereafter, because each code can only be used once.

That means any one of the friends or family or even strangers that any of us participants got to sign up received a presale code this morning that gave them the exact same access to the exact same tickets at the exact same time in any venue as those of us who worked hard, spent time, and lots of money on albums to earn what was apparently non-existent "priority" access to tickets.

The word "priority" was used multiple times in advertising this presale, but there is not a single case in which that word accurately applied.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I'm pretty damn pissed at this. I bought a few albums to get myself higher on the list in hopes of getting top 5. I didn't whatever that was fine at least I tried. I walked away thinking alright between my ranking and my LPU membership I'll be guaranteed to get the tickets I want. While yes I ended up getting my tickets its complete and utter bullshit that everyone had the same level of access at the same exact time. Buying the extra albums did nothing for me when my friend bought the same tickets at the same time as me without putting in any effort. I'm happy we both got our tickets but its aggravating to know I spent this money for no reason at all when I could have put it towards a better package on the lp site instead of multiples of the album. Anyone know who'd be best to bring these concerns to? This seriously is a cluster-fuck.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

I agree on all of this.

However...I'm gonna be that guy. This worked perfect for me. I pre-ordered the album, re-registered for LPU for the first time in like 5 years, shared it on FB, got one referral and one more share.

I ended up 74th for NYC, 72nd yesterday, and then 69th by the final hour. :D

So I was in group 1 and ordered GA Pit tickets for the Citi Field show.

With that said, I feel bad for a lot of fans that really did the work. Multiple pre-orders, tweets, FB shares, referrals to be in the top 10 only to get shuffled around. It's not right and I'm still not sure exactly why Strobe exists. I've had an LPU membership for just about every one of the six shows that I've been to up here in the tri-state and I've never, ever had a problem getting the tickets I generally want. (Except at PNC, screw that place.)

Oh and while I'm sure it's not up to the band but venue prices seem to vary. I thought LP/30STM was a bit on the high side a few years back. I paid a little more per ticket for this show vs that one and I feel like the content is obviously well worth the value. One time I saw Rammstein before the Izod Center closed, I was in the very back of the arena and those tickets were $120 each. Unfortunately, like airlines, there's nothing that we can do about it. I dunno if they still do it, but Ticketmaster uses/used a sliding scale for a lot of shows which is BS. Take into account the $40/50 t-shirts too. Come on.

--RS

Bradley likes this.
    @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I agree on both of these points. I'd really like to know the algorithm or math Strobe uses. I've seen more than one person who watched their place drop drastically or be completely removed because Strobe claimed they cheated. I also find it funny that as an LPU member all I did was purchase the album. I didn't tweet or share or refer and I was still in Group 1.

That being said, the ticket prices in Detroit were just insane and stupid. $25 lawn seats. Yeah, that's fine, except I don't want to be on the lawn. Next available row was like $95. Then into the $200 range. There was a seat available for over $700. Really?

I don't mind paying $50 for a shirt because it's well known that the artists make a fair amount of their share from merch sales, but Ticketmaster can eat those ticket prices. I wont pay it.

I find it funny that they will charge $200 for nosebleed seats and then prior to the show the same seats that didn't sell will end up as part of a Groupon deal.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I believe an explanation is definitely needed for what happened here. A lot of people are livid.

*EDIT* It was ticketmaster who screwed it up. An explanation will likely be coming from Lorenzo within a few days.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

I was in Group 2 for Detroit but I was able to use my code the same time Group 1 was supposed to start. Somebody screwed up for sure. There were up close seats for $125 (before fees). It was hard to get those but I did manage to get those. Some of those "VIP" tickets were insanely pricey for sure though.