INVISIBLE - Opinion Poll

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Brandon, May 10, 2017.

?

INVISIBLE - Opinion Poll

1. 5/5 - I loved it! One of the band's best songs!

28.8%
  2. 4/5 - They've done better, but still awesome.

42.4%
  3. 3/5 - I liked it, but I have mixed feelings about it.

18.2%
  4. 2/5 - Weak. Not really interested.

4.5%
  5. 1/5 - Really bad and forgettable.

3.0%
  6. 0/5 - I fucking hate it.

3.0%
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Poll time. Definitely my favorite of the official releases and it isn't close.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Not the greatest song ever, but it's easily a standout. You can really the personal touches by the band. Around on par with Battle Symphony for me.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

4/5

I hated it after the live video, but it seems I'll have to eat my words now.

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

Every song sounds the same. This album has no variety. LP are the new NickelBack.

Qwerty19

Are you describing Hybrid Theory?

I love that album btw.

Chris loves LP and Sasuke like this.
    freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

I'm describing One More Light. Even NickelBack has more variety than LP in 2017.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

For the first time ever :awesome:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I like how you're complaining about every song sounding the same while also being named freddurst, the vocalist of Limp Bizkit, the kings of every song sounding the same.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

4/5 or so for me. Easily my favorite so far and I love the lyrics, but I don't think I'd put any of the songs released so far in my top LP songs (likely not even top 20). Nothing released so far has really wowed me and there are only 2 tracks I've heard that I really enjoy. I feel like a lot of the songs they make follow a similar pattern and I was hoping this album would change it up, but instead it feels a bit regressive.

Maybe I was expecting too much, but I'll still enjoy the album as a whole, just not as much as some of the others.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Exactly how I feel, but we must take it as it is namely a Pop album. you(re not gonna find some mindblowing shit on this album but maybe some great songs which you can blast everywhere on the public without fearing when Chester's screaming part comes in and scared the people :lol:
    Maybe it wasn't a good idea from LP to release ATS. so everyone now is expecting the new TC or WTCFM :p

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I was listening to TC earlier along with these new songs, and while I like these new songs they're no TC, but at the same time they're not trying to be or have to be. I feel like a spoiled kid whining that his birthday presents aren't as awesome as before even if these new ones aren't so bad.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Went ahead and changed to a 5 after hearing it in headphones.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Someone in another thread complained it sounded worse than the live version and I'd agree. In that Periscope video, it sounded like there would be more going on instrumentally. Here it's essentially a heavy drumbeat driving the entire thing. Guitars and a bit of synth are there, but I thought listening to it live it'd be a bit more... 'varied'? That make any sense?

It's not bad, and like everyone else is saying it's a nice step up lyrically, but I think it's the weakest of all the promo singles barring Heavy. I might change my mind later, but there's my initial impressions after a half-dozen or so listens.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Mike sounds INSANELY good. That live performance is really strong as well.

I kinda dig it. It's an okay song, nothing really noteworthy about it. The lyrics are kinda simple but I guess that was the point

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Think you mean Meteora. HT songs had a lot of variety in them in pattern and structure. The same can't be said for Meteora tho.

Qwerty19

Kinda true and kinda not. There are some switchs there and there, but there's still an obvious formula.

A damn efficient formula though.

IronDust71 likes this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Invisible is definitely the best released so far. The first chorus is actually probably my favourite part with the stripped back sound and the military drum roll. Every time I listen though I can't help but feel that opening sample is so much better than what follows.

I will say after playing the songs in album order, Heavy is much better in context after invisible.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

This is probably my favorite LP song since Waiting For The End. I absolutely adore Mike's singing in this and as a father this song really hit home lyrically.

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I actually kind of liked this one, but after a day or so of replays, I can't help but feel it's a tad bit boring. Again, not saying it's a bad song, but I can't see myself actively wanting to search for it and play it on a regular basis. It's one of those songs that comes on every once in a while and you play it and enjoy it, and forget about it until you hear it again, I feel like.

AThousandLivingTheories

AThousandLivingTheories Mark The Graves

2/5, but way closer to 3.

For me, this song is much better than Good Goodbye, but it just kinda feels like it isn't really going anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I love down tempo music, but for me, this one just...gives me nothing to really enjoy too much.