Linkin Park - 'Invisible' Out Now + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 10, 2017.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Who's excited to listen to the other 4 songs they have planned to be put on a CD? We've got over half the album now. :rofl:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Kind of a shame whenever Adam shows up someone is bashing the band on a baseless reason. :shrug: This guy is from Warner Bros., and used to work with the band for the longest time. :(

Anyway, I can assess to this to be honest. "Heavy" is doing very well in the pop charts and it's steady in the US charts. It has the potential to break the Top 40 with a few pushes.

Also quick question, do you know what's the next official single for OML? There's a debate between Invisible and Good Goodbye.

Abel and @LP2K12 like this.
    Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

I think this track is Great. First listen on Spotify wasn't as powerful but when i opened the lyric video and THEN listened to it I zoned into it and fell in love with it a lot more. I could feel the emotion seeing the changing pictures of their children and really understood the meaning more. I kind of felt a sense of nostalgia as well. This is my favorite one aside from Heavy. Heavy really grew on me... like crazy.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

This. :headbang:

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Loving the song. Lyrics live up to the buzzwords and Mike's vocals are beautiful to listen to; I just wish there was a little more room for the track to breathe during the bridge. Aside from that, definitely my favorite song released so far, and for now one of my favorites they've ever put out. Could be because it's fresh, but I do in fact love the production on the album so far, so combined with Mike's great vocals and good lyrics, it gets an A+ from me.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Excellent track, my favorite of the official releases so sar (Heavy, BS, GG, Invisible). Mike sounds great and I like both live and studio versions the same. It was amazing hearing this live yesterday :D

Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

So i just went on a 45 minute walk while listening to some music. I made it one song without going back to invisible and putting it on repeat. Mike´s voice really suits this type of music and i can´t wait to hear Sorry for now. I really do wish we had more songs like this with Mike taking the lead.

Abel likes this.
    AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

For the US, it's still TBD as far as I know. Want to know the reason we don't quite know yet? Because "Heavy" is still doing so well we're not ready to move on!!! :rofl:

Abel, crazygolfer and Crankshaft like this.
    Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

I guess you could say it´s... holding on :bradwink:

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I'm getting pretty annoyed and tired of people saying Heavy isn't doing well on radio, so let me bust out some stats for you all. Aside from radio, Heavy is currently inside the top 20 on iTunes and has been inside the top 100 since the day it was released. Yes, for nearly three months it has been inside the top 100 on iTunes; that's HUGE for Linkin Park in this day and age. As for Pop radio, its highest peak as of right now has been #13. There are only 4 songs which have peaked higher than Heavy: In the End(1), Numb(5), Shadow of the Day(10), and Numb/Encore(12). Anyway, Heavy hasn't quite reached the top 40 on The Billboard Hot 100 due to a new formula introduced recently, which now adds more weight to streaming. Older acts, and especially rock acts, generally have lower streams than artists in the Urban/Pop community, where streaming is much higher, so other than that, Heavy is a big success for Linkin Park; It has been steadily growing since its release, and has endured a lot of hate and backlash to become one of their biggest hits at Pop.

Abel, Sasuke, Alexrednex and 2 others like this.
    AdamWBR

I gotta say that I'm a little shocked at some of the responses. I've spent over 2 months with this album. The first time I heard it all together, I was blown away. I thought that maybe after a while, it would wear off and I would come back down to earth. Just listened to it again on my drive in to work today. Nope. Still awesome. Still love it. I really hope you guys give this thing a chance. I feel like it needs to be heard front to back, in context, to really appreciate what the band has done. I understand not everyone will like it. Totally fine. Just hope you guys give it a chance, more than just one listen.

We had a meeting at WBR last year after the music came in and we talked about you guys, the core fans. There was definitely concern among my colleagues here at the label that maybe we would lose you on this one. I looked the president of the label in the eyes and I said "I know these fans. I remember A Thousand Suns when everyone was shocked by what they heard. But these fans... they stuck with us. The allowed us to take them along for the ride. They allowed the band to open up their minds and expand their idea of what "Linkin Park" should sound like. Trust me, we will bring them along for the ride once again." I still believe that. I love you guys and while some of this might not be your cup of tea right now, jump on board and come along for the ride. If at the end of it you think "eh, still not for me." That's fine. But I really believe you'll find something on this album you can appreciate. The first time I listened to the album, my genuine reaction that I think I said out loud to someone was "holy shit, I'm so proud of this band for making this album."

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I really miss Linkin Park's classic bridges. In past they helped elevate mediocre tracks into memorable ones. I feel as though that's a large thing that's missing from One More Light.

That said, Invisible is probably my favourite release thus far from the record. The lyrics are finally a product of what was promised and feel truly genuine. Without even a hint of Chester however, this song feels the least Linkin Park in an album of non-Linkin Park sounding songs. Some kind of vocal harmonies between the two would have been welcomed, though I guess I understand it's Mike's song.

It's a great pop song but I wouldn't say its a great Linkin Park song.

No doubt, I'm willing to give the album a chance to breath from front to back more than a few times before deciding a final verdict. Some fans just expected something more... substantial after the band spent three years writing than a highly accessible pop radio record. I appreciate the process they went through on this album but I'm worried about the overall execution.

AdamWBR

Dad joke of the year!

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I always thought it was Good Goodbye since it was on the album sticker plus it has a music video. :lol: Any idea for what's the next international single? Or will the next single be both US and international?

LP Live also seems to think Invisible is the second single.

If the Hot 100 were still purely on sales, Heavy would've reached the top 40 by now, but lots of people are still streaming Kendrick's new album (since lots of its songs take up the current top 40), and rightfully so because it's too good. :lol: Plus take into account Youtube views, ad usage and radio.

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Somebody else touched on this, I think Vinefejio... but this is one thing I love about the aspect of being able to relate to this band's music. You don't have to fit within the exact reason Mike wrote it, to be able to relate.

It's been said, I know, that he had his kids in mind when he wrote this, a message to their future selves, etc... but take certain lines like "Words that I could have used, I was too scared to say out loud" and that can relate to a relationship with a girlfriend or boyfriend instead. That's what came to mind for me at first, a past relationship where I felt that I made mistakes, and I don't feel "wrong" for relating on that level. Usually when you say something that you end up thinking was the wrong thing to say, it's not really towards your son or daughter as often as it's towards a significant other. For that reason even the "I was not mad at you, I was not trying to tear you down."

The very idea of feeling invisible, at its core, can pertain to a child who's parent isn't around very much, as Mike has a busy career, as much as it can to a partner in a relationship for a variety of reasons.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

@AdamWBR,

I've been here since day one. Hybrid Theory was on constant repeat in my Sony portable CD player when I rode the bus to and from school. I'm thirty-one now and I have three kids. Has every Linkin Park song always been my thing? No. I will say that a majority of us are here for the ride. I just listened to Invisible while sitting in my office at work. Maybe it's knowing the back story or maybe it's just my love of all things music, but it struck a chord. I'm really excited to hear this album start to finish.

I agree. It wont be for everyone, but don't worry, there's many of us who are still here. Thanks for your insight, it's always appreciated. I think your words are cemented by places like LPA and LPU where you can login and see a fan like me whos joined date is 2003 and we're still here.

"’Cause from the start to the end, no matter what I pretend the journey is more important than the end or the start."

AdamWBR

People throw around "single" when they mean "instant grat". Invisible is not currently a single. Could it be the next? Sure. So could GGB. Or another. Again as far as I know, no decision has been made about the next US single.

The Joesen One likes this.
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

This is the transition I've been waiting for. It feels authentic and it made me happy to listen to.

I wonder what Anthony Fantano is going to say about it. :kappa:

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Thank you Adam. It's good to hear that you liked it that much! It must've been super cool to not hear the tracks singled out, all in one piece. I think fans would've appreciated it more this time if they heard 10 new tracks at once. I also think the negative feedback has changed a lot of opinions of people on YouTube and outside the core fanbase. Hate spreads quicker than love.

20. The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

Well, they do said that they wanted to do very personal song but also songs that people can relate with (as always). I tought of this "double meaning" too while reading the lyrics (though I didn't listen to the song) and I'd say it's intentional to make it more relatable for every kind of listeners and not just, well, parents.

Meteorain likes this.