Linkin Park - 'Invisible' Out Now + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 10, 2017.

1. thor

thor Well-Known Member

Are you able to tell who sings on that song. Is it only Mike, or Chester or both. Because I'm starting to fear that this album may not have a song that features both vocals.

2. blackout.

blackout. Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I don't like "Good Goodbye" as I used to. I always felt it's not the best from "One More Light" but now I like it even less. I'm listening all songs that we have from the new album right now and I was bored by listening of "Good Goodbye". This song feels so empty, like there's nothing happening. I can't say I don't like it but I feel it's not so good as I thought it is.
    Anyway I think that "Invisible" is amazing. The best vocal parts ever from Mike in my opinion. I really like sounding of this song, great and catchy melody. Probably my favourite song from the album so far along with "Battle Symphony".
    But I think that "One More Light" will be my favourite when I'll be able to listen to studio version. It's really beautiful song, I almost cried when I heard the live version for the first time. Can't wait to listen it on the album!
    By the way. I hope there'll be some suprises on the album. I must admit that 6 songs released (great that there are only 4 with studio versions and the other with only live versions so there's something that can suprise us on the studio version) are definitely too much. I feel like the hype for the leak or the premiere has gone down for me. I'm still looking forward to listen to "Nobody Can Save Me" or "Sorry For Now" but now there is so little to wait for... I tried to not listening to "Invisible" but I just couldn't. If the band hadn't released too much songs, everybody would have been more hyped, I believe. But I'm still waiting and hoping there is something even better than all these very good songs! :D

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Listening to this song I had to fight myself not to cry midway through. This is an incredible song and lyrically (to me at least) one of the most touching songs the band has ever done. It reminds me of all the fights I regretted having with my dad after his passing. Even though we got along very well, there were a few bad fights we had that I wish on everything I could've taken back.

My dad also was silly enough to think over the years that when he passed he wouldn't have a lot of people come to his funeral or that many people would know. This is as if I am talking to him telling him that if he ever felt 'invisible'...I wont let him feel that now.

This song really speaks to me.

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It also helps if you enjoy Mike's voice.

Mike's best solo singing track is still In Between in my opinion.....

His best vocals are on A Line In the Sand.

These vocals, I'm just not sure why everyone loves them so much. Maybe I just need to listen to it more.

5. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Like there's no Imagine Dragons song I can directly compare this to, but I can't not-hear Imagine Dragons listening to this.

It's... just ok.

6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I dont want to be that stereotypical LP fan, but I really feel at most Chester and Mike should both sing on a song. Im not a fan of No Roads Left and I'm not feeling Invisible. Mike should stick to signing only as support.

7. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Oh oh one more thing, anyone think the first half of the song is dramatically better than the second? Like there's no real drop point or anything, it just seems like it starts strong and builds up tooo... nothing.

Anyone else?

8. ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

All these posts by Adam really got me hyped all over again.

I think Mike does a great performance on invisible and I'm also happy he got atleast one song as leadsinger. For me this gives the album something extra.

9. RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

This is, hands down, my favorite track of the batch released so far.

Abel and ragsta like this.
  10. Millino

Millino Member

Anyone else who's thinking this is just an un-rapped version of fort minor's welcome?

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Maybe my favourite linkin park song ever. Mike fucking killed it on this song

Lord MSG likes this.
  12. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Not a bad song. Not a bad song at all. Mike has a great voice and that piano is awesome also.

13. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I can see where the comparison comes from, but the presentation of the vocals feels a lot different than Welcome to me. As does most of the instrumental. The vinyl sounds in Heavy and the tone of the drums in BS/GG remind me more of welcome.

14. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

my dad passed last year and i had similar feelings. Arguing is so fucking dumb sometimes

Lord MSG likes this.
  15. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I wish there was just more instrumentation. The song is fantastic, but a little more intro, and little more our so, and that little part in the middle could have been longer. The verses are fantastic though, need more Mike.

16. Lord MSG

Lord MSG Butcher Mike

I respectfully disagree. For me A Thousand Suns isn't just their best work, it's one of the best albums of all time. One More Light is about hope. It's about spreading love to those in need. It's about pushing forward through the world and even though your armor breaks, you'll fuse it back together. One More Light is going to be more of a light hearted A Thousand Suns and I completely dig that.

17. Lord MSG

Lord MSG Butcher Mike

Wow. That made me tear up a bit. Sorry to hear about his passing but I'm glad Linkin Park is helping you through it. To peoplewho talk trash about this new album disrespect the band and fans like you.Thank you for sharing.

18. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Absolutely love this song. Wasn't sure at first, but after the third listen I was definitely on board.
    I don't think LP will top ATS in my opinion, but I really like this direction they're going in.

19. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Honestly, hearing the live version of "Talking To Myself"-- I can't help but feel that that song will blow the hell up on the radio. And I bet the studio version is even better.:)

20. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Mike is so talented lol. This song is not only great in its own right, but I think that in the context of the entire album, it's going to bring some much needed variety. Songs like Battle Symphony are great, as Chester is by far the best vocalist I've ever heard. But I would never want an album full of songs that showcase Chester in that same way. Mike's voice brings such a distinct dynamic, and I absolutely love going from Chester's voice in Battle Symphony, to Mike's voice in Invisible, back to Chester and Kiiara in Heavy. I mean, say what you will about the direction, but the more songs that are released or played live, the better you start to "feel" the album. I think each song demonstrates better what the band tried to do with this album, and I think they're doing a terrific job with it. Even Good Goodbye is different with the three different rap verses, coupled with Chester's excellently delivered chorus.

I think listening to this album from start to finish will actually enhance each song overall. While the songs THEMSELVES may not offer as much upon subsequent listens, I think each song is doing a really good job of being distinct from the rest.

I'm stoked for this album. The four studio songs we've gotten are really good, and OML and TTM both sounded great live, too.

Oh...and LP are like...masters of melody. I mean, 17 years of the most catchy choruses, riffs, and sounds you'll ever hear. It's impressive.