Linkin Park - 'Invisible' Out Now + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 10, 2017.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I needed a song like this lately. A nitpick I had with the last album was that even though the songs were energetic, fun, and exciting, little of the writing itself drove an emotional response from me aside from a few particular parts.

This might not be one of my favorites of theirs or their most complex, but it's relatable and that's given me a reason to go back to it. I think that for me at least when I hear all the tracks as a whole in the context of the album, it'll make me appreciate them more individually. For instance, I already like "Heavy" more now because it's following "Invisible". I'm starting to understand more what they were going for.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is actually my experience with just about all of LP's discography, so, for me, it's business as usual if the lyrics don't hit me where I live. :)

Nicholas likes this.
  3. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

That's what I mean by the channels and way of distribution, it's more diverse now on how to access music, from famous all the way to the independent ones. But if you aren't that of an audiophile, musician or music fan that likes to search up and explore, people generally end up using through a common channel, which are basically radio stations(or music channels on tv). It's similar to entertainment/TV content as well.

The other issue of indie bands/musicians becoming more famous is another kind of silly debacle honestly. Change and progression of music aside, whether how famous or not the artiste is shouldn't really be a (sole) reason for you to follow. I mean I know most of my friends are still surprised I follow LP even after their most famed period from HT and Meteora and don't really care about them, yet LP is still famous and going strong(especially since the singles from OML are released), even compared to other bands that were formed the same time as LP. But I guess there will people who make it a fuss on the band's/musician's fame or career progression. So there's that.

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

People are welcome to fuss, but hardxcore fans shouldn't decide whether or not to stan an artist based on whether or not they're getting radio play, IMO. Things click with the general public or they don't.

Your favourite artist might decide to make a radio-friendly track/album or something more left-field, and weave in and out of being appealing to current mainstream tastes over time (whether by choice or not). Even if they make something that should work well among other radio singles of the moment, the GP and music publications still might not get behind it. You can't really hitch your love of an artist or song to that sort of thing, in my view.

SkullDevil217 and Sasuke like this.
  5. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

More precisely explained, that's the whole idea. I know a few musicians that don't really like being famous or widely-publicised, and that's ok, although ironically it garners even more attention towards them when they do that. Thanks for the insights!

minuteforce likes this.
  6. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I'm liking what I've read so far in regards to Invisible, which seems to be getting mostly praised and I'm intrigued to read the personal lyrics and hear how Mike sounds. I have only listened to Heavy and Battle Symphony and I won't listen to anything else. I even stayed up late for the live stream last Saturday and didn't listen to any of the new tracks played as I want to be surprised when I hear One More Light for the first time. I can understand people giving into temptation and listening to the tracks revealed so far and those that have officially been released, nothing wrong with that. Me personally, I only listen to the first two tracks released and save the rest for the album and with only A WEEK TO GO!!! I don't have long to wait and I'm really looking forward to this album.

However, I'm always interested in reading what other people have to say and what their thoughts are on each song that is released, this one hasn't disappointed.

Petar and Sasuke like this.
  7. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

i like the old link park better

8. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

How come the album length is not yet available? As far I remembered they revealed THP's runtime after releasing the artwork and Tracklist. this time around is so peculiar.

9. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that we won't find out the track lengths until they show up on iTunes. It is really weird honestly.

10. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Considering I am not the biggest fan of the album I actually love Invisible.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hey guys, for everyone asking me about me reviewing the album etc: I cannot reveal track lengths. That info will have to remain private till release/til iTunes updates it. Please do not quote this post or ask me more. I've checked with mgmt and that's a no for revealing that.

12. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I'm still loving this song. Mike singing confidently, good and touching lyrics, a really dense and layered instrumental, and it's one of the catchiest songs they've ever made.