I want LP's next album to be a mixed-genre album, like Humanz. Maybe even a collab by Gorillaz too.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by IAmTheNight, May 12, 2017.

IAmTheNight

IAmTheNight Active Member

With how many styles LP has done since 2007, it would be nice for them to do a mixed-genre set for their next album, as Gorillaz had done with Humanz.

A personal wish for me though is for LP to do a collaboration with Gorillaz at least once in their career, with Chester and Damon singing on a song or two, or maybe a song with De La Soul rapping it out with Mike - even though De is not part of Gorillaz, it would still be awesome to have him in a collab.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

This would be pretty interesting to see the band do. I wouldn't want near as many features as the Gorillaz have on their albums, but I think it would be very interesting. Gorillaz albums are very genre-blending and atmospheric. Not sure how likely it is, but I could get behind it

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I think that's really what they think they've been doing, but Mike ain't no Damon Albarn by a long shot.

I think basically a Reanimation 2 style album is the best bet of that happening, and that pile of asscheeks Recharged was supposed to be that.

AThousandLivingTheories

AThousandLivingTheories Mark The Graves

I wanna hear Linkin Park collab with some less known people.

Such as Silent Planet, Dan Smith of the band Listener, or Placebo.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

To be fair, though, between "Battle Symphony", "Heavy", "Talking To Myself", "Good Goodbye" and "One More Light", there is a decent amount of variety already

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

somehow i want some Mike/Gorillaz collab. That seems like it could be a fucking hit :lol:

BTorio likes this.
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I'm just imagining ATS part 2 with a lot of features.

shadowofthehabit92

If Linkin Park were to make another album like ATS, how do you think it would sound with the way the music scene has changed since 2010?

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

That's a good question, I feel like ATS is pretty different from mainstream music of its time as well as of today. I guess it would just depend on whether they were consciously trying to sound different or not. The only thing that I think would change as a result of modern music is the amount of wub-bass stuff and maybe some more "drop"-based songs. I'm talking about songs like Madness by Muse, and stuff like Fall Out Boy's new track Young and Menace. But I feel like Blackout's bridge was already kind of that Young and Menace drop thing.

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

I'm hoping Linkin Park goes in a straight up hardcore direction for their next album with no rapping or singing. Just 100% brutal screaming like this song.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Is this a parody account or what?

shadowofthehabit92

Yeah I could see that. It definitely would incorporate a lot of electronics (not that the band has ever shied away from electronics haha).