Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

Sorry For Now is surprisingly fresh! my new fav song!
    One More Light is an instant classic because succesfuly moved me to tears several times.

Austin Vicenty likes this.
  2. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

It's odd. I really love Chester's singing in it, but what brings it down for me is the instrumental. It doesn't pack as much of an emotional punch as I expected it to.

3. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I was actually kinda expecting the instrumentation to be minimal. Although I do agree, a bit more wouldn't hurt. And kinda disappointing that they didn't keep the falsetto part of Chester. I was so looking forward to it.

4. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Just finished my second spin. Pretty underwhelming album. I think I've heard enough snaps, claps, and sorry-esque glitch vocals for the rest of the year. This might be one of the bigger annoyances I have with the album, I feel like a lot of the sounds become overused and when you hear them for the third or fourth time on an album, it loses that spark.

I really dig Good Goodbye, Talking to Myself, and to a lesser extent Sorry For Now. The other tracks I really can't see myself coming back to that often and I'm sure once the novelty of being new wears off, they won't be getting any rotation in my playlists at all.

5. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I'm tearing up over one more light

6. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

I think the sentence that I hate seeing the most is "This is not a Linkin Park album/music/style/sound"

eunyoungg, Abel and SkullDevil217 like this.
  7. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Chester rap is the greatest thing ever

wattmatters likes this.
  8. dontFindOutMe

Sorry for now but I really hate the chipmunk sound in Sorry for Now. Apart from that, I like it.

Brawler likes this.
  9. Joelesius

Joelesius Member

This is what they are doing to their fans

[​IMG]

10. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

My opinion on my first listen through the album;

Nobody Can Save Me - Derek was right. This is a sibling to Battle Symphony. Musically and the distorted vocals, it reminded me of Battle Symphony a lot. I'm not sure if I like Chester's vocals as much on this tho. 6.5/10
    Good Goodbye
    - Not really much to say about this. It's a good jam now and then but I don't want to listen to this song if given a choice. 4.5/10
    Talking to Myself
    - This definitely sounds like the LP we've heard before. This could fit so easily on Living Things. I really enjoy Chester's vocals on this. Musically as well, this is really good with the guitars, drums all of it as well as the synths. It goes really well together. Really wish they explore more vocal styles like this one in the future. 8/10
    Battle Symphony
    - Always loved this song. Chester's vocals in this is just :) . 8/10 for me.
    Invisible - Really really enjoy this song. Great lyrics that sound really personal and heartfelt and Mike's great vocals. Musically as well, there is a lot going on that really compliments the song well. 8.5/10
    Heavy
    - The more I listen to this, the more I like it. Even if it's just a fraction. And many times I find myself singing this song. It's probably one of the easier melodies the band has ever released. Probably explains why it's doing well in the charts. This song is officially above Good Goodbye for me now. 5.5/10
    Sorry For Now
    - Starting music really reminded me of Owl City. Mike's vocals are so on point in this, the music is really refreshing in this(from the band) and man, the melody of the chorus is so good. This was the song I've been looking forward to the most and I must say that I'm pleased. And Chester's robotic rap. This song is just really great. 8.5/10
    Halfway Right
    - This song gave me really mixed feelings. First verse and chorus, I was like "no, don't dig this". Then with the 2nd verse and chorus, I went "Oh wait, I actually like this". And then the "na na na na na" bit came in and I'm back to "Wait, maybe I don't enjoy this". By the time the song ended, I was confused if I liked this or not. So it'll be a 6/10 for now because I feel I'm more likely to like it than not.
    One More Light - Great song. I was really expecting to not like it since everyone including the band were talking about it too much and I felt it wouldn't be that great and that it sounded just pretty. But I feel the emotion in the song. 7/10
    Sharp Edges
    - This is such a different song from the band. Lyrically, musically and vocally. I think this song was more what everyone was expecting from the band this album. Very acoustic but still poppy music. They really should release an acoustic remix album soon. This song is proof that they would be good at it. 7/10

Overall - This album is a 7/10 for me.

The thing is tho, I'm more inclined to like this with more listens.

So far, my recommendations are Talking to Myself, Battle Symphony, Invisible, Sorry for Now.

11. SkullDevil217

lol what is this supposed to mean?

12. Joelesius

Joelesius Member

My opinion:
    [​IMG]

13. dontFindOutMe

Chester sounds so different on the studio version of the Talking for Myself. Not sure, how I feel about that. Still, the live version of that song is perhaps my favorite thing of this OML era.

14. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Goddamn I'm addicted to Halfway Right!

dontFindOutMe likes this.
  15. SkullDevil217

Ah, the 'Linkin Park owes us what we want and not this shit' mentality. Gotcha. Time to not take anything you say seriously.

Mitch, Lord MSG, Abel and 5 others like this.
  16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Can we ban that gif?

It's gonna make me vomit.

Anyway, reading all these reviews are making me VERY tempted to listen ahead of release

Gravity_LP, Abel, ciao_fiv and 3 others like this.
  17. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

worth the listen !

18. dontFindOutMe

Nobody can save me definitely has the Owl City influence. Not really feeling the song though. Pretty underwhelmed by what was the most hyped song for me of the record.

19. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Finally listened to it and have to say that I'm actually surprised how good it is. Maybe all these reviews, especially what Derek said to keep our minds open, helped not to have great expectations because normally I try to stay away from pop songs. This actually is pop but while listening to it I imagined myself lying somewhere comfortably just chilling with a glass or wine or beer. I don't really like Nobody Can Save me, didn't find anything interesting in it. Talkjing to Myself is wonderful, love everything about it! The moment I heard a snippet I knew I'd like it but didn't know it'd be so good in a studio version! I'm surprised with Halfway Right and Sorry for now (especially Chester0s rapping, lol!). However, One More Light, for me, is a bit dull.

20. Joelesius

Joelesius Member

Ah, the 'I don't care what music they do because I will like it anyway'. MEDIOCRITY