Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

If anyone is looking for the transcribed lyrics, you can check out what we have here!

2. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Sorry for Now is good, but i FU*KING hate that chipmunks bridge

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So right now it appears fan reaction is either "worst album they've ever made" or "this album is gorgeous 10/10".

So basically...the same reaction as we've had every album since MTM. :lol:

Mitch, Abel, Sasuke and 1 other person like this.
  4. Twintendo

Twintendo Member

Am I the only one who thinks One More Light (the song) would benefit from some strings in the background? The song is more basic than I thought it would be

5. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

somewhere between middle of the road and terrible... easily their worst album.

Qwerty19 and Agent like this.
  6. Brawler

As a POP album, One More Light is 7/10.
    As a LINKIN PARK album, is 5/10. Hope it is just a pop experiment. I know they will never bring back HT and M vibes, but at least i want MTM or THP ones

7. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So, I still need to listen to this album in full but I've heard 7/10 songs and while I kept saying it would end up my 6th favorite LP album, it might end up 5th. So far what I've heard [still need to listen to the last 3 tracks] has been great. The new songs anyway. Nobody Can Save Me, Talking to Myself, and Sorry For Now all sound amazing!

It makes me wonder how the band botched the singles selection so bad. Without hearing the last 3 songs Heavy, Invisble, and Battle Symphony are easily the worst 3 songs in my opinion.

8. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

How fucking old are you

9. Blake

It's a lot, lot better than The Hunting Party so for that alone I am greatful

10. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Sharp Edges is lyrically the most personal track for me and it touched me deeply (if I'm not mistaken that's where Chester talks about his youth).

11. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

This is probably one of the worst albums that i ever listen on my entire life. And the worst of all, from my favourite band that i admire. This is really annoying. You can do pop if you want, like a musicians they are, but please, don't do a pop cliche without the originality and style of the band. The songs are unispired, all the songs sounds the same. The instrumental sucks. Where is the other members? The studio versions of TTM and OML are worst than the live versions, where the vocals are buried by the mix of tonelades of sounds electronics.
    I think that if this album would have come after LT, the dissapointment would not so notable, but the fact is... THP it's the previously, the hard rock album about how pop mainstream sucks and rock it's amazing and bla bla bla. Hypocrites. It's so sad...

PD: I repeat, the problem it's not the pop, it's how they have doing this music, without signals of identity.

Denny likes this.
  12. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Even though I don't fully love the album, I can't even describe how much I love the way Chester sings on the title track. Never really felt so much touched by the vocals of any song since so long. That song is perfection. Vocals are the perfect mix of sadness, anger, and helplessness. I certainly would have liked the record a lot more if the songs were more stripped and acoustic like the title track.

13. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Waiting for my headache to go away to give it a listen. I'm excited and scurred.

14. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

OK I caved and listened to One More Light and Sharp Edges. Both songs really surprised me, although the latter way more. LP went full Mumford and Sons.

I thought OML was beautiful - it reminded me of someone singing to another person on their death bed. Simple and touching as they take the journey to whatever comes next.

Someone mentioned this album being more of an "LPU" CD than a cohesive album, and I totally get that. From what I've heard so far (6 songs?), I feel like there's some structure missing to it, although a theme is there, it's hard for me to figure this one out. A very personal album (writing-wise) that sounds up-beat at times?

But regardless, I haven't hated any of the songs so far, they're all quite enjoyable. But maybe I'm not relating to it as much as others, or as much as LP had hoped.

I still think it'll be better than MTM though!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  15. Brawler

Sorry for Now was made up with Blackbear?

16. Blake

I believe so, yes

17. Vic

Vic No game no life

Hmm so three listens in and it slowly growing on me, but as for now it's at 6th place of all albums, ahead of Meteora of course :p

18. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I went in thinking it would be an OK album but I am in love with a couple songs right now.

Highlights for me:

Sorry for now - best song on the album for me I love it. Mike singing is absolutely wonderful on this track... Definitely his best vocals. Chester rapping is great too and the end was so good.

One more light - I was in tears while I listened. It made me think of my Grandfather who I only ever got to meet in person once before he passed.

Sharp edges - this song I played three times once I got to it. It's catchy as hell and I like the lyrics a lot.

Overall I give the album 7/10 it falls behind ATS, MTM and HT for me.

19. Brawler

Thanks, now i understand why that bridge with chipmunks sucks. More over, Sorry for Now intro is similar to Owl City's Fireflies

20. Blake

This is how I feel it will end up for me. Good album but still 6th best from them, ahead of The Hunting Party of course.