Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

I really like the lyrics for one more light.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

There's plenty of hip-hop influence, just not as much rapping. That much is apparent in the beats for a good chunk of the songs. But the percussion parts are also in flux a lot (much like the rest of the instrumentation on the album) so it's touch and go.

3. Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Sorry For Now is sooo dope. Chester's verse was a great touch. It was a good to great album. Happy with it but I hope they go another, more unique direction for the next one if that makes sense. Lyrically it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be solely for the reason of how reparative they were in each song. Overall a 7/10 I'd say after my first listen.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I just listened to "Sorry for Now" and paused the album...holy fucking shit
    What the FUCK was that? I wish the whole album was that weird.

:CUMULUS:

Finished the track with goose bumps. Anyways, time to move onto the next track.

Alexrednex likes this.
  5. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This album is better than THP and LT combined. And thats just on listening to Halfway Right, Sorry for Now, and Sharp Edges.
    These songs are what Id expected to hear when they said they focused on Personal lyrics and great melodies.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Blue by Linkin Park. It's on LPU11. An old song.

7. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

The EXPERIMENTATION on this album is not much different from ATS... it's just in ''another direction''. I really liked that.

Note: ATS is my favorite album.

8. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

To be honest, this feels like Imagine Dragons meets Linkin Park and I'm very okay with that. Kinda wishing they were touring together now.

9. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Taking to myself is growing on me

10. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Sharp Edges is phenomenal

11. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I remember that, so I probably should've figured when you didn't mention an artist name... whoops.

I don't see a close enough comparison in most of the song. The part towards the end that's most comparable... to me, still enough change, especially when you consider that if the title of the video is correct, "Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo"... demos typically end up influencing a song that ends up on a studio album, no?

I dunno, to me it sounded like using it as criticism, especially because it was noted he didn't like the first two albums (called them "shit")... I personally don't think that's fair.

12. RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

I'm up to Invisible, I love these tracks.

13. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

they should've experimented more with the sctructures. I remember the e-mail mike sent to the band saying "let's get weird". Well, i wish they really had gotten weird, far from generic... then this album would've been much better.

But i think there's room for me enjoying it in a medium-long time, kind of "learning" to listen to it.

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The structures are generic, yeah. But the instrumentals are the "let's get weird". There's a lot in there. I'm okay with generic song structure if the underlying music is constantly in flux.

Sasuke likes this.
  15. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

Meteora and Living Things are exactly what you'd expect from Linkin Park. In this album the only song I found linkpark-ish is Talking to Myself... and maybe nobody can save me.

The others are pure experimentation..

16. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Credit is due where it is due.

Sorry for Now is fantastic.

17. Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

OK, first of all, on friday, I will go buy the album, because I have always bought LP's albums and I need the CD format to listen in my car.

BUT, as I love to listen to FLAC, I had to listen to this album in the optimal conditions, and for that, I had to dl it.

Anyway, been a HUGE fan of LP since the beginning, always loved their NU Metal style and always wanted them to surprise me.
    I have just listened to the album and ... wow, well done, well effin done LP ! You guys surprised me, it's just wow, I have no words.

The opening song is crazy, and that song of Sorry for now, when Mike is singing and Chester rapping, if probably the BEST thing LP has done in AGES, since A thousand suns

Really, I have no words how to describe this, I love their nu metal style, but man, they are also so good at doing the other stuff, congratulation LP

Now, as always, I don't know how the album will grow up in me, and how years will impact my feelings for this album (for exemple, Living Things and The Hunting Party do not seem to "age" well in my tastes so it's rare I go back to those albums) but LP has done an incredible job here.

18. dookiedung

dookiedung Member

Love the whole album honestly. Will still have to see if it stands the test of time. I can't stop listening to talking to myself even though it isn't necessarily my favorite track as of yet. Something about it is addicting and not just because it's new.

19. shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

Wow, I can honestly say after hearing Heavy I was worried but this album, but I'm enjoying it! Is it the best thing I have ever heard? No. However, this album isn't garbage. I appreciate some of the subtle sounds in the mix, as well as Mike Shinoda's improved performance as a singer (not saying he was bad). I also appreciate the different styles of singing Chester tries out on this album. While I'm really liking most of the songs, the ones I like the most are:

1. Sorry For Now
    2. Nobody Can Save Me
    3. One More Light
    4. Talking To Myself

20. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Damn, LPA is praising this album overall while LPLive is ripping it overall. Crazy how split this album is.

Sasuke likes this.