Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Hasnain

Hasnain Member

I am curious now. Whats the tier system?

2. Ouro

Ouro New Member

Ok my ranking:
    Awesome: Battle Symphony, One More Light
    Really good: Nobody Can Save Me, Sorry for Now, Talking to Myself
    Good:Heavy, Invisible, Good Goodbye
    Ok: Sharp Edges, Halfway Right

Probably my second favourite album after Hybrid Theory. I need to give Sharp Edges and Halfway Right some more listening time though.

3. thekyan

thekyan Member

hey guys! I've been a member for a long time but I never post anything...anyways i wanted to leave my thoughts on the new record.

overall i think its a great record if you listen to it with an open mind! The only songs I dislike on the record are Battle Symphony and Sharp Edges. The major standout track for me is Sorry For Now! That song is amazing and its definitely in my top LP songs ever it has amazing diversity,lyrics and energy. Talking to Myself has great rock elements and One More Light is an amazing song too. To be honest this record seemed to have a lot of bad hype in the buildup and I think its because Heavy, Battle Symphony, and Good Goodbye are the weakest songs on the record. Keep in my mind thats just my opinion and i just think that the rest of the album is a lot better than those previously released tracks. overall i really like the record. not their best work of all time but it has a lot of really good songs on it.

and also a fully stripped down acoustic version of the album would be INSANE. i really hope they do that. or maybe a full live set of them performing the album front to back in the stripped down acoustic form.

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Essentially back in 2013, @Minus came with up with a mathematical equation using that tier system of SS to F.

Starting with Hybrid Theory and ending with Living Things, we rated each track on the album under those tiers. Then Minus complied the data from all the users who participated to rank the songs on each specific album from best to worst.

Maybe Minus could bring it back for THP and OML because I'd be interested to see the results.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Hasnain likes this.
  5. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Well, that was different. I like the songs, but I don't know if it's something I wanted to hear from Linkin Park specifically. I prefer the softer side of LP, but maybe not quite like this. Now I wonder where they'll go from here.

If I had to rank them right now

1. Sorry for Now - This was a nice surprise, it's been a while since a new LP song made me this happy to hear. Mike sounds great, really shows what he can do.
    2. Invisible - Strong lyrically, though I wish there was more to it
    3. One More Light
    4. Nobody Can Save Me - Liking this more on each listen
    5. Sharp Edges - A bit disappointing as a closer, but quite catchy on its own
    6. Talking to Myself
    7. Heavy
    8. Good Goodbye
    9. Battle Symphony
    10. Halfway Right - Are the "na-na-na" supposed to be like "I wasn't listening" or is it just filler? Like they didn't know what else to put there, if so I wish they'd stop that. They did something similar on "Roads Untraveled" and it bothered me then. Could probably interchange this with BS as my least favorite.

Yeah, it's pop, VERY pop, but there's a lot going on here underneath the surface which makes repeated listens necessary. After 3 listens, I think I enjoyed it more than THP, which would place this as my 2nd least favorite LP album. That's where I was expecting to place it, so I can't say I was let down by it, but it didn't wow me either. Don't know how much of it I'll still go back to over time, which was how I felt about THP.

6. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Halfway Right is so nice.

Henry likes this.
  7. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

The love for Sorry For Now is incredible. Everyone I've told to listen to the record has pointed it out as well, along with OML.

8. allfinerealfit

allfinerealfit but still we rise

I'm super into Halfway Right. I can't remember which review it was that said it sounded Broadway-ish but that nails it.

The vocals on this album are killer. NCSM is really good. TTM is growing on me a lot. I like Sharp Edges but it's far from my favorite. I had a friend pass away at 16 so OML is hitting close to home.

Invisible and Sorry for Now are my favorites. I had a strained relationship with my mom when I was younger and she worked a lot, so I resented that. Now that I'm older I understand that she did what she did for our family and our relationship is so much closer. So I really relate to both of these and even being slightly upbeat they make me cry tbh.

Overall I really like it. Probably in my top three LP records.

9. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I'd bet that people who think this album have "more going on than the typical pop music" really don't listen to a ton of pop music.

eunyoungg likes this.
  10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I feel you should be polite whether you like the new songs or not and I'd encourage everyone to be that way when discussing what they like or don't like. I have seen both sides of this though where if you like it you're labelled a follower who will eat up anything the band puts out. I mean, just take a look a this from earlier in the thread.

The comments you're referring to seem to be an appropriate response to these types of posts. I think if someone can constructively say why they dislike it or why it isn't for them, nobody would care and I've seen good discussion come out of this. In fact the majority of the thread seems to be like that thankfully.

It's unfortunate that you feel like you can't be negative about it, but I assure you if you give your reasons for why it isn't for you rather than just saying "this is shit" most people would respect that and hopefully some good discussion could come from it. If you want to lurk I understand though and that's cool too.

11. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

All I can say is holy shit, Sorry for Now is something else. Halfway right is the other standout. Talking to Myself is surprisingly more rock than I expected.

Sharp Edges is a big meh on my first two listens though. Maybe I would like it more if it wasn't the closer.

Blake likes this.
  12. Blake

I feel like Linkin Park did an awful job of promoting their new album One More Light. I urge all of you to give it a listen before you judge. Amazingly enough, the 4 songs they released before the album came out are the 4 worst songs on the album in my opinion. And I did not overplay them because I barely played them at all. The album is actually very, very good. Sorry for Now is also a top 10 Linkin Park song ever. It has Chester rapping in it and I never knew I needed that until now. Probably my favorite thing the band has ever done. Please give their new album a chance!

-What I wrote on Facebook and feel that people here might need to hear it to. At least give the album a chance before you judge it! And not just one listen, try to give at least 5 listens because albums cam grow on you.

KYLE! and Head.Cars.Bending like this.
  13. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

A fuck it, I caved. I could die before Friday.

Ben, KYLE!, Alexrednex and 7 others like this.
  14. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I agree. There are a lot of artists who fall squarely into Pop and have amazing lyrics. When most people say Pop they mean specifically the most commercial singles they only hear on the radio, which is sad.

15. Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

Anyone else who cried during half of the album? No?
    I guess it was only me.
    Sat down with headphones and just let the lyrics and the sounds absorb into my mind
    Halfway right was beautiful. It felt very personal and straight from the heart. Reminds me of Breaking the Habbit in the way of storytelling.
    One more light just triggers something in me halfway into the song, and the tears can't stop from flowing. I've just made a really big connection to that particular song, and in form of emotions. It just sticks out from everything else they have done.
    And probably is now my favorite song they've ever done, beating Primo (Demo version of I'll Be Gone)

The first part of Sorry For Now really reminds me of a typical Owl City song,
    And i freaking love it. I'm totally for more Mike as a singer.
    These new Mike songs just blows No Roads Left away.
    (Still hoping to hear that track live in a complete version)

Talking To Myself has that unforgetable groove to it.
    That keeps banging!

TBH thought this always was going to blow big time. But holy damn, it's awesome

Meteorain likes this.
  16. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I'm not listening to the leaks yet but the overall praise of the record is refreshing despite of the criticisms they've got from Heavy. I hope LP will continue this route and make it more experimental in the future. Can't wait for OML tomorrow.

Edit: If Mike makes a Fort Minor record with more singing, then I'm in. He's improving a lot since MTM.

Sasuke, Noosh and kickgift like this.
  17. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

This album is driving in your car during the summer time after 6pm. Fun.

eunyoungg likes this.
  18. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I only like "Talking To Myself" and "Invisible". I never thought I would ever dislike a Linkin Park album, but here we are. I can appreciate the band for wanting to make music that they want to make but it doesn't mean I have to like it or support it, which in this case, I don't. Not even remotely close.

Michele likes this.
  19. Blake

Dead serious: @AdamWBR, Linkin Park should try to push Sharp Edges on country radio like when Aaron Lewis of Staind and Steven Tyler went country.

It's not too far off from some modern country songs if I am being honest.

20. Blake

That's how I felt with The Hunting Party, never thought I would dislike an LP album and it finally happened. Some albums just don't click for everyone and that's not a bad thing.