Linkin Park Reacts To Teens React To Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 18, 2017.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Remember when the YouTube channel FBE did their "Teens React To Linkin Park" video? Well, They followed up that video today with a video of Mike Shinoda reacting to the teens reacting to Linkin Park. In this hilarious reaction video, we get an inside look at Mike not only reacting to the Teens' reactions, but also to the music videos that are being shown. Through the evolution of the video, Mike gives us little tidbits of information from their past work. Check it out below.

In case you missed it, here is the original Teens React To Linkin Park video.

Did you enjoy this video? What was your favorite part? As always, let's chat about it in the comments!

Source:
    FBE

Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

I've seen celebs being on youtube shows, and you just feel the amount of douchebag arrogancy in the videos.
    And then there is Mike, smiling, having that awkward sence of humor, and just being the nicest guy out there.
    I'm all for Mike and Chaz showing up at more youtube stuff. The people they work with always seem so suprised by how nice they are.

brady, Alexrednex, Bradley and 6 others like this.
    UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

This was actually a really funny video. It's nice to see more of Mike's thoughts on people's reactions to their music!

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Um, well I wish Mike didn't play logical music scientist so much. It's really simple. HT/Meteora was great fucking music and people want to hear more of it. No, THP didn't count.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

As much as I loved the Nu Metal sound, if we were on version 7 of Hybrid Theory, I would have gotten bored with this band a long time ago.

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Oh boy, I can't wait to see what the YouTube comments will be like. :kappa:

KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

Did you watch the video? He literally talked about how doing the same thing over and over again would drive them crazy, and that no matter what they release, somebody will hate on it, so they need to make something that they themselves love above all else. Yeah, HT/Meteora was great music, and it still is, but unfortunately your one opinion of wanting them to do HT 3.0 does not necessarily represent the views of tens of millions of LP fans all over the world after 7 different albums that spanned many genres, not to mention all of the music they've released outside of that.

brady, Abel and Bradley like this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Not me...speaking of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Those 2 albums remain the best selling albums of theirs to date. I find it surprising that Mike thinks if they were to create a new song using the Hybrid Theory sound, that it would get horrible reviews today.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

This was quite the insightful video that really let us get into Mike's headspace.

LPEROCKER

LPEROCKER Member

They sold that much then not just because of the music but because piracy wasnt as prevalent as it is today. Nobody is going diamond today as LP did back then. Your argument is weak with no substance or ground. And since when does high record sales determin your best work. So Beiber and other pop stars are the best cause they sell a ton?

Hybrid and brady like this.
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I really dug this video, especially how Mike takes thing in stride and almost nothing too seriously. His commentaries on the older LP videos are hilarious. :lol:

But it might. If you read around the internet, lots of people consider nu metal to be an embarrassing/music-ruining genre (I disagree, it has its merits, but I do agree that it's gotten pretty old) or that their nu metal phase was something they were never going back to. Linkin Park has the same merits online as Nickelback and Creed at this point, with the only difference being Linkin Park's still doing relatively well in the charts, which is why when Linkin Park blows up the charts again, they usually accompany it by "they're somehow still around" or "because people still think it's 2003" or some variation like that.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

1. It's not an argument, it's my opinion. 2. I'm not even going to try and address your Beiber comparison

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

It still baffles me every single time people using how well something sells to measure its value.

deftonesfan867, brady, Noosh and 2 others like this.
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Name one group from the nu metal era that's still doing music in the same style with significant success. I'll wait.

The majority of people outside their dedicated fanbases probably aren't even aware that bands like P.O.D., Papa Roach, etc. are still even playing together. That was the exact reaction most people had to Disturbed when their Sound of Silence cover blew up. Those two albums are the best-selling of their career because 1, that was at a time when people still bought albums all the time, and 2, that was at a time when nu metal was relevant music. I'd be VERY curious to see how those two albums have sold since the start of this decade compared to the four albums LP has released since 2010, as I'm confident the difference would be negligible.

Hybrid and Blake like this.
    eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

You said it right: it /was/ great music. New-metal definitely didn't age well, it's a genre that worked when it was created and that's it. I can't bring myself to listen to it anymore and I really liked it when I was younger. People got stuck in nostalgia and just want to revive a memory.

brady likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Very few Nu-Metal albums aged well to me. I used to love Papa Roach and even Hollywood Undead. I don't listen either anymore. Nu-metal has also always been a top heavy genre but lacks depth. The best of nu-metal created some of the best music of all time but there arent many good nu-metal bands.

When it comes to nu-metal albums that are still good today this is all I can think of: HT/M, all Korn albums, Distrubed's first album [Only album of theirs I would call Nu-metal personally], old school Staind, and old school Incubus.

Some of those albums can be argued to not be Nu-metal to begin with but for a genre to only have maybe 15-20 listenable albums, that's pretty bad.

To me HT and Meteora are still good in 2017 but I definitely don't check for new nu-metal in 2017.

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I like how Mike can laugh at their own expense and how he thinks those first videos are just bad (and smile when he talks about it), I just love this video. The only thing that bothers me is his overusing the word 'like'.
    As far as nu metal and their first two albums are concerned, I really like them and they will always hold a special place in my heart because that's how I discovered them but....13 years later I'm not the same person any more meaning when those first two albums came out I was also an angsty person and listening to them helped me. Now....although I do often listen to HT and Meteora I need to be in a speacial kind of mood.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    The Joesen One likes this.
    RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

Mike is right, if something like In the End or One Step Closer came out today It would be held to an entirely different standard. They've said it time and time again but I don't think they could make an album like Hybrid Theory or Meteora today and have the same effect.

I can't imagine an LP discography without tracks like Leave Out All the Rest, The Catalyst, Castle of Glass and Until It's Gone.

Sasuke likes this.
    Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I don't care how much people want another HT, it would not be well received. Let's imagine they release HT 3, shall we?

"Ewww. They're old now, this is gross. Stop trying to be cool"

"Linkin Park is having a midlife crisis. Fred Durst, you've got company"

"Look at those old men jumping around and whining about time and lies! After all these years they're still angry kids??"

"Stop trying to make nu-metal cool again. Just stop"

"HT and Meteora were so good, but this is just sad. Look at these guys acting like it's 2003"

"Sellouts. They gave in, this is a cash grab!"

It's just not feasible for LP to make nu-metal in 2017, even if they wanted to. They'd be a joke.

Bradley and Halfway Dwight like this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Korn.