Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

After ATS cycle as I observed that, LPA tends to be more open minded.

2. Caique Soares

Caique Soares Member

Any question About Heavy being a worst song? This is very cleary for me

3. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

The short album length is a positive. Man, with songs like these... :(

4. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Highly disagree. Heavy is leagues above GG, Battle Symphony, and I personally like it more than Sharp Edges right now. Sharp Edges is the standout "no thanks" song of the album for me. But I'm open minded to how my opinion will change over time. I'm the same crazy person who didn't appreciate Guilty All the Same at one point.

5. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

At the moment I wish it was longer. I really liked it. Despite being soft, I feel the urge to scream the lyrics of a few songs on this record :lol:

Sorry For Now is fucking amazing. I love Halfway Right too. One More Light is a song for the right mood (I agree with the feeling of not wanting to put it in a random playlist). I still love Battle Symphony and Invisible is really good. I didn't like TTM that much but oh boy, it does get stucked in your head.

For me, it's an album that I want to listen every single song even if I don't love all of them. They fit together very well. It flows really well. Gonna replay it a lot in the next weeks for sure.

I said it earlier, but Chester sounds so good. It's a good album to listen to him, to appreciate his voice (and also Mike's, his sing in Sorry For Now gave me goosebumps).

8.5 or 9 out of 10.

6. Caique Soares

Caique Soares Member

About the album. It's a great pop recording. You can question the LP about the genre of the album. But can not question the quality of this songs

NCSM and OML are potential singles. I make vídeos for this songs for sure

7. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

As of now, I agree with the bolded. I personally don't like Invisible but I haven't skipped it once. Listening to the album feels incomplete without it and it's only a 10 track album to begin with. Hopefully that song will grow on me too.

To me heavy is the second worst song. I like it more than Invisible.

Not related to the quote above: Sorry For Now is already a top 7 Linkin Park song. I have trouble actually making it to 10 because it's so hard and always changing but it already made my bonified "these songs will always be in my top Linkin Park songs" list. So so so good!

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    eunyoungg likes this.
  8. Steveo61

Steveo61 New Member

New album is very solid. Really good driving around in the car.

Good Goodbye is outstanding. Love Mike's rap.
    Talking to Myself & Halfway Right are standouts.
    Sharp Edges sucks. Especially as a closer. And honestly sounds like one of those songs used in a car ad...way too similar chord progression. Battle Symphony is disappointing too, feels made for summer radio.

Never understood the dislike for Heavy either....always enjoy songs with both male and female vocalists, especially when they go together nice and there's some nice emotion shown on the track.

Disappointed to see the hate on Meteora & The Hunting Party though from some posters... those were some quality albums.

9. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

I think the highlight for me about these songs in overall is that it gives off a positive vibe in a personal or meaningful way, whether it's through the lyrics or instrumentals. Lyrical content and context, it's better than half of what I hear on the radio imo. While it may take me some time to accept or enjoy the full album, and despite all the controversy in this pre-album cycle, this album will be a unique addition in the band's catalog for time to come. I'm glad things changed around and people are generally more open-minded since its release( or leak :p).

P.S: I do have to wonder though, I'll admit it'll be a sad day when it comes, but why is it some fans are giving the impression that LP is gonna stop their career now ever since the start of this album cycle? Lol.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  10. Blake

One of those is not like the other :halfkappa:

11. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

I'm not gonna sugarcoat things like many on this site. There won't be track by track review here as there's nothing to review. Been fan of this band for 14 years now and I give this album honest 0/10: short (35 minutes of music after 3 years really ?!), extremely boring, repetitive, generic. It could work well as a side project but not as a full band album. I don't buy all this story about personal lyrics, it's just a cover up for a poorly made album. This is where my journey with LP comes to end. I might be back if they decide to make music again instead of this garbage (I'm sorry if that offends someone but I said I'm not gonna sugarcoat). And before you jump on me with nu metal/Meteora/Hybrid Theory bs let me stop you here. I don't intend them to go back to nu metal. I wanted them to deliver something they're capable of, but they failed hugely whether you agree or not. They only good thing LP did to myself with this album is pushing me towards classic rock and heavy metal, especially British since it happens that I live in city where heavy metal was born. Every time I heard new single from ''One More Light'' I had to heal my ears with some rock or metal music. Maybe I'm getting old, but I just simply can't stand all that clapping, chipmunks and other stupid effects I can't even name. Look, I don't have anything against pop music, there's plenty of pop tracks in my library though you won't find them on Billboard or in radios, but I didn't expect to hear the worst type of pop from Linkin Park.

Michele likes this.
  12. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I think Sorry for Now would be one of my favorites if it wasn't for the chipmunks :lol: Also, Am I the only one who isn't big on Invisible? Love the verses on that song but the chorus feels kinda bland.

Blake likes this.
  13. Blake

But wouldn't a 0/10 imply it doesn't exist? :think:

Invisible is my least favorite.

I don't know why people dislike the Chipmunks, they are some of my favorite parts of the album haha. But mind you when I was little I would play this song Aung by the Chipmunks on repeat :awesome:

14. alee87

alee87 Active Member

I WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR VERSION OF IT!!

15. Blake

But that's the best part of the song aside from the vocals :cry::cry::cry:

16. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You're right. Meteora doesn't hold a candle to The Hunting Party's left nut. :halfkappa:

Blake and Halfway Dwight like this.
  17. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I doubt it's because you're getting old. If you were born in 86, that puts you in the same age bracket as the old guard of veterans on the LPA, who for the most part have been very gung-ho about this album, myself included. It's more likely that the album just isn't to your taste. It's okay to not like pop, but don't make it about age when I know for a fact (if you were born in 86) that there are people on here older than you who think this album rocks.

SkullDevil217, Halfway Dwight and Avo like this.
  18. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Why does talking myself sound like it being played live?

19. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

I can't get enough NCSM and Sharp Edges; love the weird-glitchy synths in NCSM and the melodic-folk-pop sound in SE(I seriously want them to explore this sound in future albums hopefully). Also these 2 songs plus OML and HR are strongests lyrically to me, proving the band's statement on 'lyrics first'.

20. demoncarnotaur

demoncarnotaur Member

Halfway Right is so fucking good.

Sorry for Now, and Sharp Edges are my other two highlights. I feel like those 3 songs are light-years ahead of Good Goodbye, Heavy, and Battle Symphony.

Blake, deadbysunrise and Non-Pattern like this.