Linkin Park Reacts To Teens React To Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 18, 2017.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Korn ain't huge xD

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Korn still sells out just as much as LP does.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Yes, but they aren't exposed as much as LP does. LP is still being reported on by lots of sites. I barely hear anything about Korn, with the last news I've heard was that they reunited with their old guitarist.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I remember some people disagreed with me that Linkin Park made pop music from the beginning.

Anyway, Shinoda states pretty clearly in that video that it isn't the year 2000 anymore, but, unfortunately for him, nu-metal fans still won't get it.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I hear about Korn all of time. I follow them, so that's why, but you could say that about any band no matter how mainstream they are. If you follow them you will know what theyre up to.

Linkin Park are plenty popular but there's also a shit ton of people that don't know they've made anything passed Minutes to Midnight.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Ooops Mikey, I though you didn't care about what is trendy? :halfkappa:

Nah, good video, but enough of that "band evolve" stuff. Not every haters are brainless "GO BACK TO BLALBLA" guys.

Let the music speak for itself. If it was stellar, there would be way less backflash in general.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I don't think he meant he's going with what's trendy. I think he means that he's one of those who view nu metal as embarrassing. Take note (based on his playlists) he rarely listen to metal, if at all rock music. It's possible he grew out of it and he thinks nu metal songs are embarrassing (I mean, look at how he cringed at a lot of his old videos).

Sasuke and Halfway Dwight like this.
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I am sure he is embarassed at nu-metal.

But the way he spoke here, it's basically "Nah, people in 2017 wouldn't like that sound anymore". Which sort of equals "Nah, not trendy in 2017 anymore".

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I find nu-metal totally embarrassing, the majority of the people who whine about another HT are just blinded by the nostalgia, they don't really care about nu-metal at all imo
    Side note: I love Metalcore, a genre which also bashed by many people, so I don't try to be cool for hating nu-metal or something, it's just a shitty genre imo :lol:

minuteforce

I think there's a lot of room between and "x doesn't sound dated" and "x is SO TRENDY".

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

There has been a slight Nu-Metal resurgence of sorts lately with bands such as Hollywood Undead and From Ashes To New and although the sounds that they put out are nostalgic, their music lacks the staying power for me to want to continue listening on repeat. Like, I'll listen to FATN, but only sparingly. The draw of Nu-Metal just isn't there anymore. I'm close to being considered a "middle-aged male" with kids. I don't need to listen to songs about pain, loss and suffering all the time anymore simply because I cannot personally relate to it at this point in my life.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah I still keep up with HU, listen to their new releases, and for the most part, they still put out the same old shit. They've somewhat matured on some songs, but they still out angry, gangster music like they're still in their early 20s. And honestly, I'm just tired of it. Thank fucking god LP evolves with each album and tries new things. It just keeps things fresh and I appreciate what they set out to do.

minuteforce

I tried to explain to one of my friends recently that one of the best things about LP is how, if you're not into one album, you'll probably be in luck with the one after.

Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Mike seemed happy!

minuteforce

I really respect how diplomatic he is and how he seems to truly appreciate the variety of opinions within the fractured fanbase. I don't think I would be anywhere near that mature in his position

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

That's not what I meant and I don't even think most fans feel that way. I just think we are due for another HT. Why not? Why is LP so scared of it? I'm definitely glad they haven't released 7 HT's though - ATS is my favorite album....but why can't LP just get angry again? Lot to get angry about in life. Cmon LP....

And why is this a BAD thing? Music is emotional. Ever heard of TIMELESS records? What songs do you love no matter how much you play them? C'mon guys....

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

There are timeless records and there are records that didn't age well.

There are many albums I love that came out decades ago. Hybrid Theory and Meteora are not included in that.

Timeless records is reserved for actual classics, like Rumours by Fleetwood Mac and Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.

deftonesfan867 likes this.
    minuteforce

I just combined your two posts into one, @A Wretched King - use the "Edit" feature next time if you want to add to one of your posts instead of making two consecutive posts. :)
    Who says they're afraid? They're not obligated to, no matter what anyone thinks, and they don't seem to want to. :shrug: Even if the band members think "Hybrid Theory" is a "timeless" album, that doesn't mean they should have to try and do another album that sounds like that one.

And, even if they did, it probably still wouldn't curb the fans' whining - they revisited rap/rock on both "Living Things" and "The Hunting Party" and that did nothing to stop nu-metal fans complaining. They really don't gain anything by returning to a style they don't want to return to.

Bradley and Hybrid like this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

... and you got that with THP. Sure it wasn't nu-metal, but it was a phase LP went through where they were angry about the state of rock music so they jammed and made an angry, heavy rock album. That is the closest that they're ever gonna get to nu-metal again, and rightfully so, because that was the mature way to approach their heavier side.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, Linkin Park seem to be afraid of releasing angry music these days. Especially stuff with rapping, they haven't released anything even vaguely like HT since 2003.

Bradley, TobinKnowsBest, Abel and 7 others like this.