Linkin Park - One More Light | Release Day Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 18, 2017.

1. The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

It's really beautiful that the title track is hitting and helping a lot of people that are living with some big personal losses. It's the sign that no matter what, LP did their job really damn good

Flozuki and Halfway Dwight like this.
  2. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Surprised that there are so many positive comments in youtube. This proves that real LP fans are with the band. The popular ones have more hate comments because of the reach it gets and these metalheaded crybabies come in and comment shit.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Repost for everyone to see :)

EVERYONE: Even if you have the album on your phone, on your computer, or in the car. I urge you to listen on Spotify for the first week! Streaming counts towards albums sales so let's all listen on Spotify to help the band out on their first week sales :)

This post made me teary eyed again.
    Sorry for your loss.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  4. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I've cried more since I first heard this album in full and read some of these stories than I have in my whole life I swear.

Jesus.

Blake likes this.
  5. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

Sorry for Now is such a jam! Definitely my favorite Linkin Park song ever.

However, I was not prepared for the last two songs (OML especially). I've never lost anyone close to me. But for some reason it made me think of all the people in my life who I love and care about so much. The second verse hit me so hard, especially the line "In the kitchen / one more chair than you need". Tears flew out of my eyes so quickly. And tears are still flowing out of my eyes as I'm writing this post.

Well done, Linkin Park. Thank you for everything.

6. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I don't really enjoy any of the songs on this album... I have no problem with people enjoying it and the band enjoying it, etc. It's just not personally my cup of tea. I see a lot of angry fans who are going out of their way to bash fans of the new music, etc. and I don't understand. If you don't like it, just don't listen to it, like I'm doing. I have other bands and artists that I listen to, and I'll be fine with Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Iopia likes this.
  7. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

When my father got 50 four years ago we made a little video including some of the best photos of him and the family. In this video, we used the song "I am the Highway" by Audioslave, knowing this was one of his favorite songs. When we showed the video at his birthday party he cried which is something really, really rare. Whenever I listened to Audioslave from and that specific song from that day on I had to think about my dad.

Two months ago, my father was diagnosed with blood cancer. When I was a kid, I suffered from it too. He is getting his second chemo now. While we have a lot of hope, it's hard to see him fighting and hard for him to stay away from home in the hospital. Yesterday, we talked about the passing of Chris Cornell which we both admired. We were shocked. We kind of share the same love for music (we've been to concerts of LP together and I remember us listening to Minutes to Midnight in his car back when I went to school). We also talked about the new Linkin Park record and I told him that I do not expect much as I did not like the singles too much.

Last night, I listened to One more Light for the first time. When I got to listening to the title track I lost it. Although the record will never be my favorite, this track was worth three years of waiting. Seeing the performance at Jimmy Kimmel made me realize even more that I am proud to be a fan of this band as they can still touch me in a way only very few artists can. I haven't cried since I was told about the cancer. But this song is so sad.. in a good, healing kind of way. Thank you LP.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    TobinKnowsBest, Abel, Blake and 3 others like this.
  8. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Gald I didn't waste my hard earned money on buying this album and seeing them in concert This album is a huge disappointment. It's boring, lazy, and puts me to sleep. They shouldn't have made this a linkin park album it should have just been a side project Chester feat Mike or whatever. People are pissed all over the Internet. And the backlash is in full force. I really. Hope this is a one off album they needed to make this to get it out of their system and they can regroup and make good quality songs like that have been on the 6 past records. This album is forgettable and will fade away quickly.

9. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

lol

Lord MSG likes this.
  10. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm not trying to discount your opinion, but I feel obligated to point out that this is the exact opinion many fans had when Minutes To Midnight came out.

minuteforce, _Depression and Sasuke like this.
  11. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

Real fans in YouTube comments ? Haha YT comments are pure example of internet cancer with majority of them being spam and desperate attempts to get top comment. People there will write anything to get thumb up, so it doesn't really prove anything.

12. MattLP

I like MTM it's 1000000x better than OML imo.Songs like Loath, sotd, tltgya are so. Much more better than all of the songs on OML I think that OML song belongs on MTM, it's the only good song on the new album.

13. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I think you need to go to a bar and drink a beer. Oh wait...you're probably not even 21 yet.

14. MattLP

Im actually in my late 20's, and im a recovering alcoholic, so you just really watch what you say before you judge some one and someone's age,
    what you said is really insulting and i could curse you out so much but Im gonna be the better person and ignore your uneducated comment.

15. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

45/100 from metacritic? Wow. Just pure BS.

16. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I'll do a full review later but just wanted to come in and say that it is kind of ridiculous how good Sorry for Now is. It has quickly made its way into my top 10 Linkin Park songs ever.

17. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

It's still very good rating considering how bad this album is.

18. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

You say that like it's a fact and not subjective opinion. :p

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  19. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Reading the lyrics to Nobody Can Save Me (favorite song on the album) to me it seems like it's about someone who committed suicide by drowning thyself, asks God for forgiveness, and finds his way to eternal bliss. Tells everyone back home on Earth that he can't be saved now. Too late.

"and i dont want to let you down, but only I can save me" is like "i dont want you to be sad or mad but only i can end my suffering and faults".

SO DEEP

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Non-Pattern likes this.
  20. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

What faded away quickly to me was THP, so yeah, it's just your opinion. I still don't get the drama of some people in here acting like the whole world ended because they didn't like a record from the band. It is kinda disappointing, but it's just an album.

Sasuke likes this.