MAY 19, 2017 - LAS VEGAS, NV, USA | ONE MORE LIGHT RELEASE SHOW

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 19, 2017.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Eighteenth (!) time Linkin Park
    is performing in Las Vegas tonight!

Well there we have it folks, the day we've been waiting for since the album was announced back in February has finally arrived. Linkin Park's new album "One More Light" hits the shelves, digital distributors and streaming services today, May 19th. As this is a special occasion, it's only right for the band to play a special album release show, and they will be doing exactly that on the Las Vegas Strip at "The Chelsea".

Since I'm not about to go through all the seventeen shows the band has played in Vegas so far, let's just remember some of the key moments of the band's history with the town. The first time the band played in Vegas was just days after the release of "Hybrid Theory", but it's unknown what exactly the band played that night. In September 2007, the band played three shows in Las Vegas, one of which was just a performance of "Bleed It Out" at the VMAs, and luckily for us an excellent (albeit censored) video of this performance exists on YouTube and you can view it embedded below.

What an announcement by Timbaland.

In 2012, the band had two very memorable performances in the city, first in May when they performed "Burn It Down" at the Billboard Music Awards. There is also an excellent video of this on YouTube so you can watch that below aswell. The second was in September at the iHeartRadio Festival. This was only a thirty minute set, but it was highly memorable due to a few things - fan favorites "In The End", "What I've Done", "Bleed It Out" and "Waiting For the End" were all shortened, and Mike led the crowd into chanting "Las Vegas, Linkin Park sucks!" after their performance of "Waiting For the End".

What an announcemet by Swizz Beatz.
    In January 2014 the band played two shows in the city, first for the launch of the Harman Infinity One, the second was a charity show benefitting Music for Relief and Power the World. The bands last performance in vegas was in May 2015 at the Rock In Rio USA Festival. This was the first performance the band did after cancelling their January and February dates of the Hunting Party North American Tour due to Chester breaking his ankle. At this show, the band was joined by Aaron and Austin from Of Mice & Men, Aaron on the Ballad Medley, Austin on "Faint". Check out the performance of "Faint" here and catch Chester and Austin almost having a bit of a scream-off.

But enough of the past. Let's focus on the present. What will the band be performing tonight? Well, honestly, it's a total shot in the dark for me to guess anything. On their recent South American tour, the band played either a 22 or 25 song set containing everything from six (yes, six!) songs off "One More Light" to old fan favorites like "Numb" and "In the End", and also premiered a new live version of "Leave Out All the Rest". There is a possibility the band will perform this same set, but there's also the more likely possibility of a shorter set. When the band played the album release show for The Hunting Party, they only did a ten song set with three new songs. This show was recorded and is avaliable in it's entirety (yes, including Brad's pee break) in the form of various YouTube videos, but let's focus on this incredible performance of the show intro and "Guilty All the Same". Can we all agree we miss this song in the live set?

Yesterday the band played a eight song set on Jimmy Kimmel Live, with songs consisting of all six songs from One More Light they've played so far. This brought us pro-shot recordings of songs like Invisible and One More Light that we haven't gotten yet. Chester dedicated One More Light to his friend Chris Cornell who had passed away less than a day earlier. Heavy and One More Light was shown on TV while the rest of the set was shown on the Facebook page for Jimmy Kimmel Live. Thankfully they didn't delete the recording afterwards so that we all can enjoy it now afterwards. So take a look here below.

So now for tonight's show, there's the ever-so-slim possibility the band will perform the entire album. While I'm sure this is everyone's wet dream, it doesn't strike me as something the band would do, but I hope they do as much as the next guy. There's still some tickets left for tonight's show that you can acquire now through Ticket Network. If you miss it, don't sulk too much, the band is back in the city on September 2nd with Machine Gun Kelly.

After this show, the band only has one performance left before starting their run through European Summer Festivals. That performance was announced only a few days ago, May 22nd in Los Angeles for another iHeartRadio event. If you're attending any of the band's announced shows, make sure to sign up in our official meet up thread, and if you find other members going to the same show, be sure you snap a pic together and send it over to @LPAssociation on Twitter, and we'll be sure we share it absolutely everywhere.

Will you be attending this show? Excited to know what the band will play? Feel free to discuss everything even kinda-sorta-partially related in our forums!

Remaining promo shows :

May 22, 2017 - Los Angeles, CA, iHeartRadio Album Release Party, iHeartRadio Theater

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I'll be there, I'm hoping they play the 25 song set from South America.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

All the new songs sound great live (except Battle Symphony which they honestly should cut).

HAHAHA it's so fun to see Mike fuck up the second verse of Good Goodbye every single time :p

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Deliveranze likes this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

It's soo unlikely, but with only 4 unplayed songs (and with two of them being Chester and Mike's album favourites), a full album performance would be incredible.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

That performance of OML though....damn.

Noenemy and Jesse like this.
    Voitage

Voitage Part-time villain

This album is definitely a grower, It went from a 6/10 to an 8/10 for me as time progresses, although I still dont see the hype for NCSM but Sharp Edges is such an incredible track and it seemed like the best closer for me to the album. I hope they play the song !

zendesur likes this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Invisible Proshot from Kimmel

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

You can view all the proshots here. :)

Jesse likes this.
    Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

Hoping this is the set where Nobody Can Save Me, Halfway Right and the rest join the others. Really hoping that this is another ATS tour where everything from the album gets played interspersed with everything else.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Neat. Thanks.

Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

That live performance of One more light made me cry. It was so emotional. I felt bad for Chester.

mainap

mainap Well-Known Member

beautiful performance of One More Light, made me cry too, that particular 'I DO' told everything

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

FINALLY.

Going to try to will a live version of Sorry For Now into existence tonight!

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Honestly, if add Sorry for Now to the set, that is all I need right now. Here's to hoping that the band returns to playing entire albums live.

Blake likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

What was the setlist?

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Where's the set?

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

It was the same 25 songs set they played in South America
    Source: Setlist.fm

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

The 25 song South America set list. It was pretty incredible, Chester screamed I do over the guitar solo of One More Light like in the Kimmel performance. Also they finally got the Battle Symphony intro right. The 2017 version of Leave Out All the rest is so fuckin epic in person.

Abel and Blake like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Nice! Glad you enjoyed the show!

Are you going to the other Vegas show in September?