MAY 19, 2017 - LAS VEGAS, NV, USA | ONE MORE LIGHT RELEASE SHOW

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 19, 2017.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Nah, I live in LA, so I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl show.

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

The live performance of OML is very touching. Great job by linkin park.
    RIP Chris.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Oh nice! I guess I shouldn't have assumed you live in NV just because you went to the show.

I wonder if they will change the setlist at all for the US tour. Seems like they are sticking with the SA set for now so we will see.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

The whole Chelsea was shaking. Everyone literally was jumping throughout the whole show and me and my friend were freaking out :lol: even Chester acknowledged it.

But the OML and LOATR performances were top-notch. Out of the three times I've seen the band live, this was the best one by far. Probably because I got floor seats, but the band themselves look super rejuvenated and the crowd was a lot more lit. Amazing night. :)

iamsatan

the floor was insane, it pretty much forced me to jump up and down.

Blake and Abel like this.
    iamsatan

It's all good Vegas is only a 4 hour drive from LA, pretty common weekend spot for a lot of Californians.

I think they will change the set a little for the US tour. I can see them swapping a song or two with multiple set lists.

Blake

Yeah, I could definitely see them changing the setlist, would be weird not too. But at the same time the setlist is really solid as it is now.
    As long as they play the song One More Light and Breaking the Habit on the US tour I will be happy! The only song that is realistic for Linkin Park to play that I really want to see live and haven't yet is Breaking the Habit so I'm really hoping they keep it. They didn't play it on the Carnivores tour. My show is in October though so they could change the setlist again between the month and a half gap.

Zach994

Zach994 Member

Pretty solid setlist indeed. I wouldn't like any changes.

kickgift

kickgift Member

Heavy sounds so good live.

ptto911

ptto911 Well-Known Member

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Why they do not sing Final Masquerade in tour's setilists?

iamsatan

I'm pretty sure they'll play both those songs in October, the crowd goes nuts when "Breaking The Habit" comes on but I get what you mean, I've seen LP live 11 times since 2007, and I've still yet to see "Forgotten" or "A Place For My Head Live" Well technically I heard the first verse over "Waiting For The End" but still I need to experience "you try to take the best of me GO AWAY!" live. I don't think they'll ever play either song in full ever again. I highly debated flying out to the UK for when they played Hybrid Theory in full, looking back I should have haha.

Blake likes this.
    Blake

If Festivals weren't so expensive, I would have been all over flying to the UK for the festival :D. Every little things adds up and it would have been a lot of money. If they ever play HT in full in the US, I'm flying to wherever that show is.

And dang, 11 times is a lot! I've only seen them once the songs I have seen are limited. This year will be my second time. I have been a fan since 2006 but I didn't really start going to concerts until college. I wanted to go see Linkin Park in 2012 for the Living Things tour but I was going off to college in Arizona and they played in Arizona before I got there [I believe they played in Arizona anyway] and they played in Seattle in September after I was already at school so I had to miss that tour. My friend and I really wanted to go to that 2012 show. I finally saw them on the Carnivores tour in Arizona. But now that same friend and I are going to see them in October. It will be his first LP show and my second. Super excited! They didn't play Breaking the Habit on the Carnivores tour so I'm worried about them dropping it again once the U.S. tour comes around. On the bright side, Breaking the Habit and Somewhere I Belong fit with the more mellow setlists that they are going for compared to Carnivores where they played With You and Runaway instead of them. So I think they will both stay in the setlist and that makes me happy.

iamsatan likes this.
    iamsatan

Yeah travelling is expensive, I almost didn't even go this Vegas show but luckily I had a friend with me to split gas and hotel with. I usually go with a group of 4 but they weren't down and not as big fans of LP as me. If they ever do play HT in full though, I'm fucking down to fly wherever too.

I feel your pain, I didn't really go to too many shows until after college either, I've been a fan of the band since 2000, I was a sophomore in high school when Hybrid Theory came out, I was pretty broke and didn't have a car at the time. Money was damn tight in college too, I moved away to Seattle in 2003 for a little bit for college, missed out on the Meteora World Tour at the Tacoma Dome cause I was really broke I moved back to LA and finally got to see them for the first time in 2007 for free at the Jimmy Kimmel show and luckily they played at the House Of Blues in Hollywood, got a decent length set and it was magical. Now I try to go to as many shows as possible just to make up for the ones I didn't go to and damn they are good live, it's always so surreal for me personally.

ah man that 2012 Civic Tour was pretty good, that sucks you couldn't make it out. Carnviores tour was good too but yeah I was pretty shocked they didn't play "Breaking The Habit" too, I'm glad it's returned. You're going to have a blast at this upcoming tour, the new songs sounds so much better live it's ridiculous.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Blake likes this.