Linkin Park - "True to the Artist" Video Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, May 23, 2017.

1. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

The video confirms that the Illuminati killed off Joe Hahn and Rob Bourdon. They use look-alikes for public appearances. You can see "004" on the keyboard in the video--only four band members left.

▲ ▲ ▲

2. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate it. Certainly not an attack - but yes, agreed with Derek - let's move on.

Captain-EO likes this.
  3. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

in my opinion meteora is the best album with the best meaningful lyrics! just one more light is good too but not so deep that it touches your feelings

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Mike is a clone. You didn't know?

5. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Did Mike just pretty much confess that since THP didn't sell that many units, they made OML to appeal to a broader audience and boost their sales? Or am I misinterpreting his point?

Also hearing him say that Dave wanted the band to not get too trendy is the funniest thing I've heard them say in a long time. Either they are truly completely oblivious to the fact that this album IS trendy or they are acting like it.

Lotus likes this.
  6. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Something tells me that they are trying to test the creative boundaries in which the fans will accept. Obviously to them THP was as they said a 'niche record' and will probably not go down that route again and if OML was another 'niche record' (which it probably will be) they'll probably go to a more middle ground kind of record. That's what I get from this video but i feel if they do go down that route we'll see more from side projects like Fort Minor etc... So they can make music that Linkin Park can't necessarily make. I doubt it'll happen but I get this feeling from the video especially from Mike that if they make something fans aren't wowed by then we could see less pop or heavy oriented sounds and more middle of the road rock sounds they've done before

7. Spencer23

Spencer23 Member

Might want to learn to read through the thread, I didn't say one time YOU attacked anyone. I didn't complain or play a victim to any REASONABLE response. I actually had a few good back & forths with Derek & a few other posters in this thread.

Also that's rather hilarious as the most negative comment in this thread was aimed at me by someone generalizing and assuming anyone who had disliked the album.

I haven't said one time on here that if someone liked the album they have shit taste, I simply stated people's emotions may have given it a higher score than it deserves.

I couldn't care less about this site if this is how people are talked to. Y'all seem to ignore/shut down any counter points (as y'all are literally doing now with threats). I felt it was an attack, as he was quoting me and making numerous assumptions. Can you at least see how with that belief, seeing others positively respond (or ignored) to that seems like an acceptance of it?

Also Louis has zero clue what he's talking about because he didn't fully read the thread or else he would've seen the post I was talking about. Instead, he assumes I was talking about him for some reason and goes on to threaten me.

I get this may be off topic, so I do apologize for that aspect of it. I'm done with this convo anyway, didn't expect it to get this wild. Appreciate the GOOD responses I've read from you and a few others.

ON TOPIC :

I don't think Mike's words are an indictment on the direction of the band. I've said numerous times they should do what they want. I always want them to sell well, and really I think they would sell no matter what direction they took. Aren't early THP numbers similar to what OML is doing?

8. Derek

You were warned to stop carrying it on, and you continued. You came on a site owned by me, to trash me for a review that I wrote. Then after I tried to have a intelligent discussion with you, when multiple people disagreed with you...you started making this out to be a pity party and act like we were attacking you. We never were, but you're apparently incapable of not acting like a child.

Honestly I tried to be patient while you and Jayhov made this charade go on for over 7 pages. Quite frankly, I don't have to deal with me or my staff being disrespected and people like you shitposting, when I've attempted multiple times to get things on track. You came on here to be an asshole, so Good Goodbye, you're banned from the LPA. Permanently. Find another site to post on.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Hybrid, brady and @LP2K12 like this.
  9. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don't know how I feel about this video... It's honestly the first time I'm getting slight "sellout" vibes from LP..

Edit: I've watched the video again and I feel like it's just sending out mixed signals. On one hand they're saying they want to fulfill their own "creative hunger", but on the other hand they're saying they've done the niche thing and now they want to be more universal and reach a broader audience. That just doesn't sound "true to the artist" to me. I guess they could be fulfilling their creative hunger and reaching a broader audience at the same time, but to me it just feels like they're trying to fit in with the other artists on the radio to stay relevant. And I don't like that.

Agent, Michele and Alexrednex like this.
  10. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

This band has released more bonus track, demos, instrumentals, acapellas, live tracks, collaborations, etc. than any other band or artist that I've ever seen. It's hard for me to even judge the band based off of just their 7 studio albums. I'm not sure they even want to be judged off of their actual albums with amount of other shit they release. The band will definitely live on forever, even after they're gone, simply with the amount of music they have put out. It's crazy.

As far as the album, fuck it, either you like it or you don't. Nothing more than that.

Sasuke likes this.
  11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I love this band, but sometimes I wish they would just zip it and let their music do that talking. At times, they talk in circles and end up stepping on their own toes. And when I say they, I mean Mike specifically.

12. Derek

The band pays for some of the album promo etc out of their own pockets. This is something Chester confirmed on twitter. As much as people may want the band to be some super experimental avant garde prog-fusion band that gives zero shits about commercial appeal and could sell 5 records and not care......the band cant do that. They have to sell merch, tickets and albums to be able to pay for their share of the promo. And the only way to do that to not go completely 'niche' but instead find a happy medium.

13. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

I read Chester's last tweets on Twitter. He said that THP has not received the same treatment of OML in terms of promotion because an hard rock album is more difficult to promote than a POP album like OML. More over he said that they dropped UIG from the setlists because of political reason that were beyond their control. What does it mean?

14. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

So how will the band react when their most unapologetic pop album to date don't sell incredible well - despite them using a much larger budget to promote it?

I think that's what most of us are currently asking ourselves - and also what the band is asking themselves. Normally, music fans are not allowed to see what goes on behind the curtain and maybe there is a good reason for that.
    But LP has always been a lot more open about these things. Lately, the openness is just not painting them in a very inspiring or flattering light, unfortunately.

I also just can't accept the sentiment that the band can't make the music they want to make.

This is the same band that released Guilty All The Same as the first single just an album cycle ago.
    The Catalyst wasn't exactly a radio-ready song and ATS as a whole certainly didn't feel like the band compromised their musical ideas to sell more.

Agent and Iopia like this.
  15. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The band makes music they want to make.

brady likes this.
  16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That's crazy, I can't imagine who that song would actually offend ...

17. Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

I disagree with your sentiment about it being unflattering. Making art for a living isnt a pretty process; and, i feel we have been seeing the strain of trying to make art they are proud to say they made and the business side of the equation.

They band has bills they have to pay, recording, travelling, promotion arent cheap. And i applaud them for being open about the dichotomy of being a professional artist. Mostly i applaud them for being a bit more honest about how they feel.

They're six guys who make music for a living, amongst other things, and while i get PR is a thing to consider people tend to be proud of their art. If nothing else there is an honesty at play here thats way too uncommon.

Should they keep talking so much? Hard to say. Maybe chose their words better, pick their battles a little better. But i do understand their defensiveness this album cycle and appreciate their honesty.

I have a tendency to ramble and repeat myself a bit.:sweating:

Captain-EO and Halfway Dwight like this.
  18. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

AHFOD experimental?

brady and Captain-EO like this.
  19. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I love this album man.

Wish everyone else felt the same way, but that's life I guess.

20. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Maybe it was made for Transformers?