Linkin Park - "True to the Artist" Video Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, May 23, 2017.

1. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It flopped, as far as I can see it didn't go anywhere near gold. They're talking about whether or not they're going to continue not to sell a lot of copies no matter what they do, and if they don't give them "what they want", they should do what they want anyway.

That was my takeaway from it, anyway.

2. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I'm not pretentious but I feel like a lot of people missed my interpretation of the video due to .....many other distractions, and feel it had one of the more thorough elaborations of the video, so I'm quoting it because I still feel strongly about it. Derek already said that, in simpler ways this is incorrect, but I'm unconvinced :)

Also, just like to say this is the first time I bought a digital version of a released album LP album. But, I had the pleasure of purchasing the album again, in it's physical form today finally :D

minuteforce likes this.
  3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't typically buy physicals anymore but I'm really glad I got a physical for OML :)

4. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Still waiting for mine to even ship...

5. minuteforce

:lol:

You have heard the album, though, right?

6. Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

Not discrediting the sales. All the power and luck to them. No I didn't know you need to extra claim the album for making it count.
    Even though the page says otherwise "Additionally, every order includes a digital download of the album delivered instantly."
    And yes, Metallica did it with Hardwired as well. Katy Perry too.
    Just feeling, that many who want to see their show, not necessarily like the new album or even considering buying it.
    Some say it's a loophole, some say it's smart and nowadays common.

7. minuteforce

Well, then, they don't contribute to the sales numbers, simple as that.

8. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I'm glad OML has outsold THP's debut week.

For me it's a better record, although I don't dislike THP, it's just this has a far more personal feel lyrically which I prefer and strong trap influences, which is more my thing these days then metal. The whole band seem genuinely proud of it and his album cycle has also been way better in pretty much every aspect promotion-wise. I hope they continue in this vein for LP8, not necessarily musically but in terms of the energy and enthusiasm put into promoting the release.

i also think the features really add to the album, having done the same on THP I hope this is another thing they continue to do. It keeps things fresh, for me Good Goodbye is way more interesting for having Pusha T and Stormzy on it, they offer a different take/perspective that you aren't going to get from Mike. Would love to more future collabs. Was a bit disappointed that K Flay wasn't on this album, having seen something about her being in the studio with Mike a few months back. Maybe they could do something in the future.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  9. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Nice, really happy for the band to get another No. 1 in the US.

That said I would love if they go all in for a really long record (sorry I am greedy, make it 15 to 20 tracks!) with Rubin. And I want a lot of documentation out of this too, bring back the longer insights for creating, producing and struggling with making music please!

10. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Chester said on Twitter he has written 6 new songs in the last week, maybe for Dead By Sunrise. I fear that Linkin Park would disband in the next years, i do not know why but i feel that way. I really do not want Chester as a Tom DeLonge 2.0

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  11. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Oh yes. I have spotify premium so that's how I've been listening to it. They forgot to send me my download link through email so I got that late. And now I'm just waiting for my package.

Ugh I just want it so bad :cry:

Doubtful. He loves being in the band way too much and they all get along. I highly doubt he would part from the band, at least anytime soon.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think those buying the tickets without any interest in the new album might not even bother to redeem their copies.
    But do you mean buying a ticket automatically comes with a digital copy aside from the redeemable copy? Because that wasn't the case for me, the only copies I received are the ones I redeemed. Unless you're talking about buying the CD which does come with a digital download, but that still should only count as 1 sale.

13. Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

You buy a ticket to their live show and get the new album digitally for free too. Hence the quote on the site: "Additionally, every order includes a digital download of the album delivered instantly."
    So in my mind, buying a ticket equals an album sale, since it's "gifted" to you or it's in the ticket price already.
    Redeeming it or not, doesn't matter, when I think about it. (Again could be totally wrong and way of the mark) They instantly mail you the link for the download and I don't think they track "how many people clicked on the download link"

14. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

You have to redeem it for it to count towards album sales. Otherwise you could make the argument that everyone with a Spotify or Apple Music account bought it as well without even listening to it, since they paid for the service.

15. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Mike is doing Fort Minor anyways. So it would be challenging for them to channel their inner thoughts with their current status. I mean, Chester might writing new songs as inspirations from Cornell's passing away. What the band needs right now is to recalibrate their plans for the future.. Pump out a lot of singles just like what OneRepublic did recently. With Mike reviving Fort Minor and Chester writing new materials, LP might find their common ground after these. Remember MTM and ATS? Each cycle had side projects.

PS. We still have yet to see LP's Sgt Pepper. I think 2020 might be a fair shot and I would really like to see the band craft an album like what The Beatles did with Sgt Pepper and MCR's The Black Parade.

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Honestly in my opinion this is the best time for DBS and Fort Minor to make a comeback. Working on solo records really opened up the band's creativity and I think it's a strong part of what made ATS possible.

17. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

A lot of people didn't like Out of Ashes, but honestly I'd be curious to see 2017 Chester take another shot at a record by himself. And of course as others have said, another Mike solo album would be really cool to hear.

While I have a funny feeling we'll never hear most of those, I'd definitely love for Chester to just say fuck it and put out a few tracks on his own, without having to spend months and months polishing them and having them potentially get voted out from an LP album.

18. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Judging by the lyrics Chester put on his profile and if they are the ones he's thinking of releasing as an officila side project, I'm excited. They seem great.
    I loved Out of Ashes, dark lyrics and Chester's voice made a great combination.
    However, I don't think they'll go separate ways, they've had side projects released before but they always go back to the original band.

19. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

I want to believe the side projects will make a comeback at some point. Welcome was a nice little snippet of that. I'd think it'd be a way for the band to find a sound that most of the fans can dig as well. Gives them a break to find a sound and make it right and surprising and allows them to be as ambitious as ATS. It also allows them to make the music they want to as well that maybe the band can't. I personally think also this is a good time for them to take a step back work on other projects than comeback in a few years and make a statement. As much as I like OML and some of LT and THP. I personally don't think the constant coming out with albums after ATS helped capture the magic that made albums like HT and ATS the albums that they are. Are there moments that make these albums good? For sure but to me they're not as consistent as ATS and HT (Although i'm not HT's biggest fan it's got to be applauded for having consistent moments that are worth mentioning) But i think a break, with the use of other projects could help maybe recapture some of the things that i think have been missing from these past few albums

20. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Maybe they just need to satisy themselves with their side projects (Chester seems to be going down that pathy) and then come back with a new album because there was a 4 year hiatus between Meteora and MTM and the final result was a really good album.