Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Just listened to the full band songs from The Mall Soundtrack (White Noise notwithstanding) again - they sound right at home with One More Light. Devil's Drop in particular sounds great alongside Sharp Edges and Mike's vocals in It Goes Through and The Last Line are a nice contrast between Invisible and Sorry For Now.

Kinda made me appreciate that soundtrack a little bit more. It's far from Linkin Park's best work, but for anyone wishing One More Light was longer well there's some more material for you.

Sasuke likes this.
  2. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I've been saying that One More Light sounds right at home with Living Things. And Mall fits in with this as well. The soundtrack was put together in 2013 anyways, which was the Living Things cycle. And the full band songs were re-recorded anyways for the soundtrack, Ammosick was a good example, since the MTM version sounded so different.

3. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

Wish they'd put the mall soundtrack on Spotify. I do enjoy some of those tracks quite a bit.

4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

It's there, I believe. Search "Chester Bennington". Unless they pulled it...

EDIT: Yup. Still there. Enjoy.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    mmmmtastycookies likes this.
  5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

In hindsight, the acoustic v. of "Final Masquerade" is a very OML-esque track when you look at the instrumentation choices and the way it's mixed. It's a nice bridge between THP and the new album, and it would've been a good choice for a bonus track on a special edition

Knt.Slbs and The Joesen One like this.
  6. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

7. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

wtf

Heavy? All For Nothing? :rofl:

8. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I do really like Final Masquearde (acoustic version).. Putting it as a bonus track would be a plus for me. The track is yet simple but beautiful at the same time. I just wish Brad would do lead vocals like what he did to Three Band Terror. A track like that in OML would be 1000x better, in my honest opinion. Welcome (Linkin Park version) would be cool, I guess.

9. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Ha? I'd put Breaking the Habit on the list, definitely but others...no. In the End is the catchiest but does it really deserve the first place?

10. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Sasuke likes this.
  11. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if the band took a break to work on other things. I'm hoping for Mike to make a solo album or under Fort Minor, but looking at Chester's Twitter he may be more likely to make one :lol:

I'd take both.

12. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Wouldn't mind if we got a little solo work from mike and chester as long as the wait for lp8 wasn't tooooo long.
    I just wanna hear more stuff from all six of them!

Nicholas likes this.
  13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I would fund Mike on my own just to get another Fort Minor album. Fuck, I love the concepts and production on The Rising Tied.

14. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

The band isn't ancient or anything and I know there are music artists still performing in their 70s (As I imagine Chester singing "Numb" at 70) and beyond, but who knows how many years they'll still want to be doing this for. So while I wouldn't care if they took a break to have more time for their personal life or to pursue other projects, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to consistently put out albums every 2-3 years while they're still going strong.

I don't want to come off as entitled, selfish, or even a blind fanboy :lol: but I'd eagerly take and am on board for anything they put out whether it's a solo project or from the band as long as they're proud of what they make and it's not forced/rushed. Because there'll come a time where they'll call it quits and I wished I was more appreciative of what they've given us.

But how dare they age on me and have a personal life, I want more and more :halfkappa:

Sasuke and brady like this.
  15. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

"Don't you dare to play these shitty songs on any European rock festivals or you'll get booed and we'll throw tomatoes at you" one of the comments on fb with which "fans" reached a new level of digusting behaviour:puke:some should deal with their own personal issues at the psychiatrist's office.

brady likes this.
  16. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So our local Warner Bros. Music conducted a Q&A and my question came up first. AND TO HEAR THEM SAY MY NAME I'M SO #SHOOKT

(yes lol that's my real name #revealedt)

(their answer to my first question was they want to play the whole new album and Chester wants to bring "Hit the Floor" back)

RyRy, blackout., Doridorica and 3 others like this.
  17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

one more lightshow

:lazars:

Michele and brady like this.
  18. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The amount of sarcasm in that Hit the Floor response, and how drawn-out Chester made it before he revealed what song he was talking about, is comedic gold.

RyRy likes this.
  19. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

A broadcasted One More Light show would be amazing. Also, I love how Mike replied to Chester, "Aww, you haven't appreciated it enough?" in such a sarcastic way :lol:

20. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I mean, I think Chester actually likes "Hit The Floor" for real :lol:

The song just was on one of those playlists he posted on twitter.