Linkin Park 8th Studio Album Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blake, May 31, 2017.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Artists don't typically make more material as they get older. Hell, they all have families and a shitload of other commitments right now, and even when they were younger it took them at least 2-3 years.

I don't expect anything before 2020 and that's okay.

InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

If this is true I will shit rainbows.

Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

Late 2019. A full on hip-hop album with a few features.

or Linkin Park has been trolling us with One More Light and will release a Dark counterpart album out of the blue in late 2017/early 2018 :kappa:

viktorignatov77 likes this.
    rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

My only wish it's any more features, only LINKIN PARK. The features on THP were good, on OML are bad, but it's enough. And please, come back to rock. Try to do another thing with this, like a fussion with jazz or acoustic, I don't know. But ROCK. And 12 songs like always. The instrumental i don't care if it isn`t.

Doridorica, Vinifeijo and Michele like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

A Thousabd Suns, Living Things and The Hunting Party were all 2 years apart

But you could be right because LP is really slow at releasing albums half the time.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I can see them putting something out in 2019, but I also wouldn't count on it. 2020/3yr cycle seems right. I really have no clue what to expect from them, but I would personally like something similar to MtM. A mix of soft rock and hard rock with minimal pop or electronic elements, but keep the writing/theme first mindset from OML.

Guest vocalists don't bother me as long as it's only on one or two songs, if they're adding their own influence to the track I think it's refreshing and adds something the band may not be able to provide themselves. Maybe get a producer to help guide them or collaborate on specific tracks like they did with blackbear and Andrew Goldstein, both of which imo helped create the most creative track on OML. I don't have a problem with the band producing the records themselves, but I think it's healthy to have an outsider's perspective, just like I think bringing in songwriters benefitted them quite a bit.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

More hip hop and rapping influences for sure. My only disappointment for OML was the lack of rapping.

In terms of style, I'm up for whatever. Don't really want another straight-forward rock album tho.

Blake and Sasuke like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Honestly, I have no idea. On one hand, I could see them doing another "toolbox" sort of album (like they did last time they released such a polarizing record), not necessarily a Living Things part 2, but something that has heavy tracks, soft tracks, electronic tracks etc. On the other hand, they might want to do another complete 180 and focus in on one particular style again (like the last two records), but aside from acoustic/folk, I can't think of any one specific genre I could see them reasonably tackling.

Either way, while OML definitely had some more down-tempo moments (NCSM, OML, etc.), LP's music has always been dominated powerful, lively tracks, whether it's the aggression of albums like HT, Meteora and THP, or the big, poppy hooks and "firecracker" song structures of LT and OML. I'd love to see the band step away from that a little bit, and make an album more in the vein of Nobody Can Save Me, Robot Boy, and the Mall soundtrack (in terms of overall mood, not necessarily genre), rather than release another album consisting mostly of lively tracks like they usually do. Would be pretty interesting to hear, and it would make the livelier bits really stand out as opposed to being the norm on nearly every track.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:toolbox:

I think the length on OML is perfect for OML but I hope LP8 is longer.

blackout. likes this.
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Dream next album: Their version of Muse's "resistance" album

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I predict something unpredictable.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

In 7 years, Linkin Park has released an experimental rock record, an electronic rock record, a hard rock record, and a pop record. Who the fuck knows what they'll do next? I'd personally like them to go on a more post-rock / shoegaze direction hinted in the title-track of One More Light, but I doubt that'll happen. The guitar work on that song is the tits.

Andreina, Michele, Captain-EO and 2 others like this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

FOLK ALBUM

Do it Linkin Park!!! Its the part of Linkin Park we all secretly desire. COG, FM Acoustic, SE are all so goooooddddd!

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I would rather them wait awhile, like 2022, but release an acoustic/folk/unplugged album between there to hold us over. Give us 15 acoustic tracks that spread out their entire discography, with maybe s new song or two.

brady likes this.
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

A double album of only covers

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

An actual revival of the true Bubblegum Pop sound, just to show people what that actually is. :halfkappa:

Sasuke, Gibs, Iopia and 3 others like this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Why a halfkappa? There should be no kappa at all.

:kappa:

Sasuke likes this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm gonna go with them taking inspiration from LPU 8... Mmmmm Cookies Part Duex.

Blake likes this.
    Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I'd honestly be fine if OML is the last Linkin Park album. An acoustic album spanning all of their albums might be cool, like Sonic said. Maybe one final release, like a Greatest Hits release, with a few new tracks, maybe a track we have all wanted for a while like ''Thoughts That Take My Pride'' on it.

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

I definitely see mike finally putting out a new FM record and Chester doing some new DBS or Solo material in between now and the next record which I predict will be 2019-2020