June 17, 2017 - Monza, Italy | I-Days Milano 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 17, 2017.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]
    Linkin Park returns to Italy for the 8th time tonight, and for the 5th time in Milano!

The band's first appearance in Milano was back in March 2001, when they opened for Deftones on their "Back to School" European Tour. The band returned in September of the same year and recorded a special set for MTV, and while the band performed a full set, only 6 songs were recorded and aired. You can find a performance of "With You" from the show embedded below.

The band's next performance in the city was in February 2003 as part of their LP Underground Tour, and this was the band's first performance of the year and the Meteora touring cycle in general. The band debuted 8 new songs at this show, namely "Don't Stay", "Somewhere I Belong", "Lying from You", "Hit the Floor", "Easier to Run", "Faint", "From the Inside" and "Session". They also played "Foreword".

The band didn't return to the city then until 2014, when they played Ippodromo del Galoppo. The band played a massive 27 song set which included old hits and new material from The Hunting Party, beginning with their 2014 Mashup Intro into "Guilty All The Same" and closing with "Bleed It Out". There was a flashmob organised during "Until It's Gone" where fans threw glowsticks in the air. Mike instructed the crowd to film the performance and upload it online, and a live video consisting of fan footage was uploaded to the official Linkin Park YouTube Channel, and you can watch it below.

Two nights ago, the band performed in Krakow, Poland. The band returned "Nobody Can Save Me" and "Sharp Edges" to the setlist, and also played "A Place For My Head" for the first time on this tour, after it won a Twitter poll organised by Mike. You can watch a video of the performance below. Machine Gun Kelly, who will support the band on their North American Tour later this summer, came out on "Bleed It Out" and performed a verse from his song "What I Do", the same as he did on the band's June 2014 Warped Tour appearance.

We would also like to remind that the band has recently cancelled their show at the Manchester Arena scheduled for July 7th, as the Arena will not open until September in the wake of the tragic terrorist attack that took place there last month.

Will you be attending tonight's show? Excited to see what setlist the band plays tonight? Discuss everything in our forums, and sign up in the Meet Up Thread if you're attending any of the upcoming shows.

UPDATE: You can live stream the show here.

Remaining shows on the European tour:
    Jun 17, 2017 - Monza, Italy, I-Days Milano 2017
    Jun 18, 2017 - Clisson, France, Hellfest 2017
    Jun 20, 2017 - Amsterdam Zuidoost, Netherlands, One More Light World Tour
    Jun 22, 2017 - Madrid, Spain, Download Festival Madrid 2017
    Jun 24, 2017 - Scheessel, Germany, Hurricane Festival 2017
    Jun 25, 2017 - Neuhausen Ob Eck, Germany, Southside Festival 2017
    Jun 27, 2017 - Sopron, Hungary, Telekom VOLT Festival
    Jun 29, 2017 - Norrköping, Sweden, Bråvalla Festival
    Jul 01, 2017 - Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter 2017
    Jul 03, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 04, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Jesse and Kevin like this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Lets hope everyone does their best and the concert goers enjoy the show a lot.

BTW @Filip even tho I kinda rag on ya a lot via shoutbox, I just wanna say I think you're doing a great job with all the news and tour posts.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Lol lil bich come fite me irl

Kidding, thanks bruh!

Blake, Michele and The Joesen One like this.
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Mike rapped the first verse of "Reading My Eyes" during Bleed It Out in Italy.

SETLIST
    1. Fallout/Roads Untraveled intro
    2. Talking to Myself
    3. Burn It Down
    4. The Catalyst
    5. Wastelands
    6. One Step Closer
    7. Castle of Glass (with It's Goin' Down outro)
    8. Good Goodbye
    9. Lost in the Echo
    10. New Divide
    11. Invisible
    12. Waiting for the End (with Remember the Name intro)
    13. Breaking the Habit
    14. One More Light
    15. Crawling
    16. Leave Out All the Rest
    17. A Place for My Head
    18. What I've Done
    19. In the End
    20. Faint
    21. Numb
    22. Heavy
    23. Papercut
    24. Bleed It Out (with Reading My Eyes verse)

They dropped the OML song in between Lost in the Echo and New Divide.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Zach994

Zach994 Member

Second part of the set is really great now with APFMH. I'm looking forward to the concert in Amsterdam:)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Sum 41 + blink-182 + Linkin Park. THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! A m a z i n g!

Blake, Michele and Filip like this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ... The mixing was great, I love how TTM sounded more organic compared to the studio version. I hated the studio version on how muddy the mixing was (due to Marroquin mixing syndrome again). such an amazing performance and amazing show. Props to Chester to continue to deliver the best performance though he was struggling on some songs (New Divide, The Catalyst, Burn it Down, etc). and LITE's mixing was so cool.. I wish the band would remaster LIVING THINGS. (I wish)

Brawler

The audio setting was great

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Three of my all time favorite bands. Jelous you got to see them at the same show! Glad you enjoyed it :)

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

I think chester sounded totally exhausted and its only the beggining of the tour...

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

From Sum 41:

"
    Our 2017 European Summer Excursion has come to an end! I have to admit, after all the touring that we’ve done so far on this album I wasn’t expecting it to keep getting better like the way it has. Every single show in Europe was amazing! From Download Festival and Rock am Ring, to performing for 87 thousand people in Italy with blink-182 and Linkin Park, to headlining the stage at Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium. I was a little unsure of how we would be received at a full on metal festival, but it actually might have been the craziest and nuttiest crowd on this tour (possibly tied with Budapest). I really don’t think there was a bad show or bad crowd, It was pretty rocking the whole way through.

So thank you everyone who helped make this tour happen. Thank you to our crew who worked their asses off every single day! Thank you Linkin Park for the amazing show in Amsterdam.

And as always, thank you to everyone who came out, rocked out and was a part of our ever growing family out there.

Thank you,
    Deryck"

Did they really play to 87k people?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's insane! :jawdrop:

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

It's becoming more and more apparent that Linkin Park should have done a full U.S. tour with Blink-182 this Summer instead of the support they chose. Obviously they're a big hit together touring wise and I know they are friends off stage, etc. I'm not going to the tour, haven't been to a Linkin Park concert in 9 years, but it would be really cool, I think. Maybe Linkin Park, Blink-182 and some up and coming band that are friends with Mike or something, like All Time Low.

Brawler

Yes, i was there. It was insane