June 15, 2017 - Krakow, Poland | Impact Festival 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 15, 2017.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]
    Linkin Park continues their One More Light European Tour by playing the Impact Festival in Poland!

Tonight marks the band's fifth performance in Poland, and the first in Kraków.

The band first visited the country in 2007 during their Minutes to Midnight touring cycle, playing an opening set for Pearl Jam in Chorzów. The band played an explosive 17 song set opening with "One Step Closer" and ending with "Faint".

The band didn't return to the country until the Living Things tour in 2012, when they played the Orange Warsaw Festival in Warsaw. The band headlined the festival and opened their set with "A Place For My Head" then continued to burn their way through a packed 21 song setlist comprised of the band's biggest hits and new material from Living Things, before closing with "One Step Closer". Check out a video of the band's performance of "Burn It Down" below.

Well, Poland must've found its way into the band's hearts, as they played in the country twice during their Hunting Party touring cycle. The first show happened on June 5th, 2014, and the band played a massive 27 song set, opening with their 2014 Mashup Intro, then jumping right into the bombastic Hunting Party lead single "Guilty All The Same". It's a show opening that I for one, would gladly accept at any time. The band closed with "Bleed It Out", complete with a drum solo from Rob and a sing along of "The Catalyst" with the crowd. Check out a video of the show opening below.

The band then returned to Poland again on August 25, 2015 to play a headlining show in Rybnik. They played a 26 song set opening with "Papercut" and closing once again with "Bleed It Out". As with most shows of that tour, Mike performed Fort Minor songs "Remember the Name" and "Welcome" during the show, so fans were treated to a small Fort Minor show aswell!

Last night the band performed in Austria, at a "Warm Up" for the Nova Rock Festival. The band played a set comprised of fan favorites and new material from One More Light, and posted clips from "Wastelands" to their Instagram Story. The band performed their regular festival setlist, meaning "Sharp Edges" and "Nobody Can Save Me", which debuted recently in Berlin, were not performed.

Are you excited to find out what the band performs tonight, or are you attending the show? Be sure to let us know in our forums, and also take a second to check out this Meet Up Thread and be sure to sign up if you're attending any of the upcoming shows.

Remaining shows on the European tour:
    Jun 17, 2017 - Monza, Italy, I-Days Milano 2017
    Jun 18, 2017 - Clisson, France, Hellfest 2017
    Jun 20, 2017 - Amsterdam Zuidoost, Netherlands, One More Light World Tour
    Jun 22, 2017 - Madrid, Spain, Download Festival Madrid 2017
    Jun 24, 2017 - Scheessel, Germany, Hurricane Festival 2017
    Jun 25, 2017 - Neuhausen Ob Eck, Germany, Southside Festival 2017
    Jun 27, 2017 - Sopron, Hungary, Telekom VOLT Festival
    Jun 29, 2017 - Norrköping, Sweden, Bråvalla Festival
    Jul 01, 2017 - Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter 2017
    Jul 03, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 04, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 07, 2017 - Manchester, UK, One More Light World Tour CANCELLED

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Michele likes this.
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

SETLIST: (they also showed New Divide & NCSM in Instagram Story)

1. Fallout/Roads Untraveled intro
    2. Talking to Myself
    3. Burn It Down
    4. The Catalyst
    5. Wastelands
    6. One Step Closer
    7. Castle of Glass (with It's Goin' Down outro)
    8. Good Goodbye
    9. Lost in the Echo
    10. Nobody Can Save Me
    11. New Divide
    12. Invisible
    13. Waiting for the End (with Remember the Name intro)
    14. Breaking the Habit
    15. One More Light
    16. Crawling
    17. Leave Out All the Rest
    18. A Place for My Head
    19. In the End
    20. What I've Done
    21. Faint
    22. Numb
    23. Heavy
    24. Papercut
    25. Bleed It Out (with Machine Gun Kelly)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Man Chester sounded great on APFMH

The Joesen One likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Daaamn :phone:

Zach994

Zach994 Member

Nice. I hope they will also play it in Amsterdam. Set is getting better and better.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

People complain that Chester didn't scream on the new record, but listen to how he sounds now having given that a break for a recording cycle. He sounds wonderful!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Like an angry angel :kappa:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Why did they even bother playing APFMH? They should just stop playing all their old stuff all together, they bashed the fans who only like the old stuff or only like the heavy stuff, so they should just play their pop stuff imo.

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Screw that... Chester has always sounded really good. Even pre-Linkin Park, he sounded good, in Grey Daze. His singing was top notch with Dead By Sunrise, check out songs like Give Me Your Name for example. He also sounded great in Linkin Park with all of their slower songs like She Couldn't, My December, Minutes To Midnight and more. Screaming has nothing to do with it, he has even said so himself. People seem to think that it's difficult for him or that he doesn't really like doing it, but that's not true at all. He has said in interviews as recent as like last year that he loves screaming and he wants to continue to do it for as long as he can. A few months ago he even told a fan that screaming wasn't gone for good for him. He's coming out with a track with Mark Morton of Lamb Of God this year that has insane amounts of screaming on it from him. Chester sounds just as good live as he always has. He hasn't always been the best live singer, but he sounds just like he always has to me. He actually seems to struggle a lot more with singing during songs like Crawling, New Divide, Burn It Down and more as opposed to songs with screaming. Just saying.

HybridT likes this.
    Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

They never bashed the people who only like the old stuff.

Iopia likes this.
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Well Chester said that the old fans should move the eff on from HT which i get cause HT is 17 years old but its still the best album by them, and to stab themselves in the face because they called them sellouts lol. At this point i feel like they shouldnt play their old stuff anymore because its pretty obvious that LP have come to hate the old fans and the old fans hate the new direction the band is taking. The old fans feel betrayed because of OML.

minuteforce

sux that Linkin Park didn't think to change up their sound 10 years ago instead of exclusively making nu-metal right up until "One More Light" - maybe if they'd done that, nu-metal fans wouldn't be so shocked now

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I know this must be a terribly difficult concept for you to grasp, so I'll be so kind as to bold it for emphasis: There are plenty of people who like the old stuff and also don't think OML was selling out.

Avo likes this.
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I'm not retarded so you dont have to bold emphasis anything for me, thank you every much. Keep up the good guitar LP covers Astat im a huge fan of your work.

minuteforce

Don't throw this word around on LPA thx :)

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree. The band do not hate the old fans, at all. This has nothing to do with old or newer fans. For example some ATS fans do not care for this album, but some HT/M fans dig it. What the band do not appreciate is so called fans who seem to feel they are entitled to constantly insult them just because they don't happen to like their recent work.

People have every right to not like or buy an album, but there is no need to be abusive because of it. There is also no need to whinge on and on about it. Why not go listen to stuff you do like instead, and let LP make the music they wanna make?

By making the music they want they are not betraying anyone. But if they instead made the music some people are still demanding they make instead of what they want to do, they would be betraying themselves and their own artistic integrity. Which would be selling out.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Avo, Halfway Dwight and HybridT like this.
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Im a fan of all their music except OML, only songs i like are talking to myself, good goodbye and one more light. Sure i dislike this new direction they are taking especially after i felt they were going in the right direction with THP, but i never once cursed this band. I have always supported this band since day 1 when people were calling them a "Metal boy band" Mike shinoda said in an interview that they let the people who only like and only wanna listen to HT/M go. So it kinda has something to do with the old and newer fans.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

He didn't say that, in fact he said quite the opposite. I vividly remember him saying that if you only like the old stuff he would still actively encourage you to come to the shows because they're not forgetting their older stuff

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Um yes he did he says exactly what I said around the 22:00 mark. And yes he also said what you said so i will agree. But i feel like the he always contradicts himself.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017