June 18, 2017 - Clisson, France | Hellfest 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree. He's coming off like a douche

Linkin Park to headline Coachella next year :kappa:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Michele likes this.
    Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Delicious salt in here again. It was a joke and it is no surprise how some people are acting :lol:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I really am not understanding how Chester is coming off as a douche. They play a few pop songs out of all the metal songs they hear all festival, and they get all up in arms, flip off the band, and boo them. That's honestly pretty sad and pathetic. Its 3 minutes of your life. Suck it up until you can jerk off to In The End and Faint.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I am actually surprised no one talks about the Aerosmith setlist. They played "crying" and "I don't want to miss a thing"... How dare they!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

They are in such an awkward position in the music world right now, and honestly OML was not a good move from that standpoint.

I get the band's wish to experiment and do whatever they want, but at the same time they've brought themselves to the point where they don't have any identity. They're not a pop band cause so much of their history is angry and guitar driven. They're not a rock band cause their new album is literally the polar opposite of what rock is. They're not some hip electronic act cause that scene is so bloated that there's just no place for the ex-biggest-band-in-the-world.

Imo ATS, LT, THP, being as different as they are, still moved at the same path of "fuck you, we do fun energetic music and we can still play all these heavy festivals even though we're not making heavy music".

Now they're at the point where playing a festival like Hellfest has become a problem. OML wasn't bad, but it tore down a lot of what the band stood for through the past 5 years especially, and it's not for the better.

kcg, Lotus, Michele and 1 other person like this.
    brady

Why does LP need an identity? They've never strived towards that. They're Linkin Park. That's all. Just six dudes in a band making the music they want to make, and playing their music for their fans. They don't need an "identity."

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

It's almost like picking a name that intentionally means literally nothing, switching up your style of music with 6/7 albums could mean something ... something about, I don't know, not wanting to have an identity? Not wanting to be put in a box to be defined as?

Serenity and brady like this.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

By that logic, nobody really has any right to get mad when the band is accused of being bandwagon hoppers.

Filip

My God seriously you people dickride this band into oblivion. Is there anything they can do that would displease you?

Not having an identity does not equate not being defined by a genre. It means you literally stand for nothing. "We never carried the flag for nu metal", ummm yeh ya kinda did mate, and that's not a bad thing. "Genre is dead", uhh yeh it kinda isn't mate, and that's not a bad thing either. "We don't wanna be put in a box", yeh that's fine mate, but now you literally do not belong anywhere.

Nine Inch Nails is not definted by a genre. Are they industrial? Rock? Electronic? Fuck knows. Yet it's very fucking clear to literally everyone what Nine Inch Nails is, and stands for.

kcg, Atticus, HybridT and 3 others like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

:popcorn:

Deliveranze, Sasuke and Michele like this.
    Blake

It's 2017, we don't check up on Aero like that

Fun Fact: I haven't listened to an Aerosmith song since Guitar Hero: Aerosmith came out which was about 10 years ago.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Genuinely haven't seen any "dickriding" in this thread tbh

brady

All I said is that is it really that bad that band doesn't have a defined identity, and you claim that I'm just dickriding the band.

But I could definitely think of a band that you do that to, but I'm not gonna make any comments...

Serenity and Halfway Dwight like this.
    Filip

It's not just here, it's widespread across the forums in the sense that people will defend anything the band does. Why? Do you profit off of it in any way? The band isn't always right. The band isn't always doing the best thing they can be doing.

Oh I dickride Death Grips far beyond oblivion. That band has it all. They are a great example of a band that can make whatever the fuck they want, and play wherever the fuck they want, and yet they are always so clearly defined in what they are. Not just with their music, with their attittude towards everything. They won't take a picture with you. They won't sign your CD. They won't do a meet and greet. You want an interview? Here's your fucking interview. Figure it out. Death Grips is a punk band that has never made a punk song, and I respect the hell out of that.

Michele, Blake and Gibs like this.
    brady

:rofl: the hypocrisy

Blake

Finally someone says it!

I like OML and they can make whatever music they want but when it comes to other aspects, the band is not always right. Point blank period.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

You're on a Linkin Park forum complaining about people defending Linkin Park... come on bruh :lol:

Serenity and Sasuke like this.
    Filip

In 2012 Death Grips canceled an entire tour to work on a new album. What a bullshit move.
    In 2013 Death Grips didn't show up to a few of their tour dates, and printed a huge screenshot of a fan's suicide note and claimed that was their performance. Bull fucking shit.
    In 2014 Death Grips booked an entire summer tour with Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden just for exposure, then right before the tour, they announced they had disbanded and that upcoming tour dates are canceled. They never actually disbanded. Scum move.

I recognize and acknowledge when a band does something that's bullshit. What LP has been saying this tour cycle has been at least, in good part bullshit. You're seriously gonna tell me that at 40 years of age and 20 years of experience in the music industry, "Heavy" is a song that gets Mike Shinoda excited?

[​IMG]

Michele likes this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Yes.

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Objectively, Yes, the new songs are not that great. But most of the Linkin Park music comes in that category (bar a few songs). But what is special about this album is that it is much more intimate and personal to them. Hell, there are many movies that everybody hates but I love it because I can relate to it. The fact that they want to play more songs from this album also partially solidifies this point. They are excited to perform it. They like it because they have strong personal connections to it. And I am not even a big fan of the new album.

Though I would totally agree to that band has been wrong on many fronts this album cycle. No two thoughts regarding that.

Forfeit to Break, Sasuke and brady like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.