Which style do you think Linkin Park should do next?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by IAmTheNight, Jun 17, 2017.

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I think the band needs to start using Mike more. With the new album, it showed us that he can sing well and is confident at it now. I've felt for a long time now that Chester seems to fit with other bands more than he does with Linkin Park. His stuff with Stone Temple Pilots and Dead By Sunrise really suited him better, IMO. He also did that short run of shows with Kings Of Chaos in 2016 and he sounded really good. I also enjoy a lot of the guest spots he has done over the years with bands like Motley Crue, Santana, etc. I think Linkin Park could honestly move forward with Mike as the lead of the band, singing the songs and rapping more, especially with the new direction of the band. I'm not trying to diss Chester or anything because he's one of my favorite musicians of all time, but I feel like he fits better with other bands. He fit with Linkin Park more in the old days when they used to have songs with screaming and aggressive vocals, like during Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes To Midnight.

IAmTheNight

IAmTheNight Active Member

I doubt they would make another pop album. The point of LP is that they never do the same thing twice (Meteora was a forced exception). Making another pop album would go against that message.

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but who knows. It was just pure speculation on my part. And with Meteora, yeah it was extremely similar to Hybrid Theory, but it did have glimpses of future styles in a few of the tracks, mostly Breaking The Habit, for example. I get what you mean, though. If you look back at interviews from 2003, the band said they felt like Meteora was a little different than Hybrid Theory and that it was the album they wanted to make. I know you can't base something the band said that many years ago, but still. Maybe the band will pull a super random surprise on the fans again and follow up One More Light with a country album or something, the possibilities or endless.

minuteforce likes this.
    viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

I want a sequel to OML, but a darker sounding, more depressing.

minuteforce likes this.
    LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

It´d be a good option, but any option would work well for LP as they already proved they can nail every genre.