June 29, 2017 - Norrköping, Sweden | Bråvalla Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jun 28, 2017.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Linkin Park finally returns to Sweden!

It has been six years since the last time Linkin Park played a show in Sweden. With only two shows in the country, and both of them being played in the Ericsson Globe, this makes it the first festival show that the band will play. I hope. The band has a bit of a bad history with playing festivals in Sweden, having been scheduled for the Hultsfred festival in both 2003 and 2008. Both shows had to be cancelled, the one in 2003 had long notice due to the band cancelling their entire Europe tour due to Chester injuring his back, In Flames stepped in and took the bands place. The show in 2008 was cancelled with 3 hours notice, Brad couldn't fly from Finland due to an ear infection. The show afterwards in Bern, Switzerland had to be cancelled as well.

But let's talk about when Linkin Park actually DID play in the country instead. Their first successful show came in 2007, just a few days after the release of Minutes to Midnight. This was the second show of that European tour so it brought with it the second performances of Leave Out All the Rest and The little Things Give You Away, both songs having been debuted live the show before in Copenhagen, Denmark. This is also the historic show where, before playing No More Sorrow, Mike had a bra thrown in his face. You can see that below.

In 2011 the band came back, not playing anything new, but delivering a hell of a performance.

The last show the band performed was their live debut in Hungary at the 2017 Volt Festival. The band brought with them A Place For My Head in the rotation spot, Mike rapped It's Goin Down over the Castle of Glass outro and then rapped Reading My Eyes on the Bleed It Out bridge. The band also dropped the Battle Symphony/Nobody Can Save Me rotation spot, presumably due to limited performance time.

So, this show ... let's hope that it breaks the routine of Festival = Cancel, Headlining = Play (except in 2001, cancelled there too), that has been going on with the scheduled Linkin Park performances in Sweden all this time. Let's speculate about what will be played instead. The band has a scheduled 105 minutes set so that should mean that all songs should be able to be played, and if they are, I'm personally hoping for Nobody Can Save Me instead of Battle Symphony, and A Place For My Head in the rotation spot towards the end of the set. But since that was played at the previous show, I'm guessing it will be ... Points of Authority. A Place For My Head could go over the outro of Castle of Glass.

Not A Place For My Head, but still awesome!
    Are you going to the show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet/facebook/instagram pictures to us (we're "LPAssociation" on all those sites) if you meet some other members. I will be attending this show so if you see me during the day, come up and say hi. I will also be documenting the day over on our Instagram Story, so make sure you watch that!

So, are you going to this show? What do you think the band will play? Come and discuss in our forums.

Remaining shows on the European Tour:
    Jul 01, 2017 - Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter 2017
    Jul 03, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 04, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Bobby

Bobby Yo

All the reminders of canceled shows in Sweden makes me so nervous about tomorrow.. Show your face on insta story Kevin so I can recognize you and take part of the legendary story with you :)

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Have fun, Kevin!

Kevin likes this.
    Kevin

Thanks Sam!

I still look like this http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/041017-170140_haircut.JPG (although slightly longer hair) so I'd be pretty easy to spot. According to the site I'll get there around 11AM to the Northern Entrance, the rest of the day I'll just be walking around I think. But if this info helps then great :)

Bobby likes this.
    Bobby

Bobby Yo

Getting there same time and walking around rest of the day as you. High chance I see you then! Let's have a blast tomorrow!

Kevin likes this.
    Kevin

Indeed!

Bobby likes this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Blake, Bobby and Kevin like this.
    warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

Quick question; wasn't sure which thread to direct it to.

I'm gonna attend the August 14th show in Tinley Park, Illinois.
    I plan on dropping at least 125 on a ticket.
    Is it worth it to purchase a pit ticket. How early would I need to show up to ensure a good spot?
    Or should i just purchase actual seats that are 10-12 rows back from the stage?

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

For non-festivals shows in the US, my experience with bigger artists is being there 3 hours before the show, 2 hours before doors open. But that could be risking it depending on the show. I showed up 3 hours early to Rise Against and was at the very front.

warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

I should've rephrased my question to "how crazy does the pit area get during LP concerts?"
    I figured that I should probably show up around 3 hrs before the show starts or doors open if I expect to be towards the front of the pit.

Blake

I've never been in an LP pit so someone else like @One More Lotus and his very recent experience would have to let you know.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

How do people still think I'm a guy? (see the profile pic)

Anyway, at the Amsterdam show I was there about 2 hours before doors opened and I was in the 4th row in the pit and ended up second row towards the end. I'm not entirely sure that I would do the pit again though. People are just so pushy and rude, not to mention the smell :sick: BUT the view is amazing and you can jump around and sing you heart out without really bothering anyone.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Linkin Park definitely is one of the weaker active pits.

Blake

I just say 'His' in general my bad

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

A guy I met in Sopron went to the pit 3 hours before the concert and ended up in the 6th row (approximately, it's hard to tell exactly).

Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

It seems they didn't play OML, WTFE and BS/NCSM slots. POA in the rotating spot.

Hopefully they'll come back to Sweden or Finland next year, would have loved to see them

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Nowadays, yeah, it seems so. Even when I saw the band in 2007 and 2008, there really weren't any pits. But I saw the band live in 2004 on the Meteora Tour (the one with P.O.D. and Hoobastank) and the pit action wasn't that bad. I mean it's not a pit like at a metal show or anything, I saw Anthrax a few years back and the pit was insane. But for a LP show, it wasn't bad.

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

noo i missed this show!

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

No festival next year, I've just read they'll cancel it because 4 girls were raped :(

Kevin

Actually they cancelled next year because they haven't made a profit any of the years they've held the festival. The rape cases are just the easy excuse. Not to de-value them, it's fucking awful, but that's not why ... is all I'm saying.