Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

Yes, Wikipedia is never to believe, but it´s the only source I have as I´ve heard none of the band members say anything about more singles or music videos.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The band are preparing a live video for "Talking To Myself" consisting of fanmade footage

3. LP Soldier 01

That´d be good. That song has a lot of energy live so fanmade footage will work well, but still I´d like to see an actual music video and new singles being released because I think that as the album is now, only real LP fanbase will look more into it, it needs more promotion for sure.

4. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I completely forgot about the band asking fans to send them their photos. I'm not a fan of videos consisting of live footage but let's wait and see.

5. LP Soldier 01

Me neither, I´d be much happier with a music video, but let´s see what they bring out.

6. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I would absolutely and wholeheartedly support the idea of LP doing more with grime artists. Good Goodbye is slowly becoming one of my favourites

7. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

i want another live album.

TobinKnowsBest likes this.
  8. LP Soldier 01

Another live album would be good, I have yet to buy Minutes To Midnight Tour Edition, Live In Texas, ATS+ and Living Things+

9. minuteforce

And people dared to claim there aren't guitars in the new LP songs ...

10. LP Soldier 01

There are, just in a softer tone I really enjoy, in some OML instrumentals we can clearly understand that. I´m always happy with LP because I know they are talented enough to nail every gender they approach, the problem is that the sales are too low due to the amount of streaming and downloads there are nowadays and also a general decrease in their popularity. I´d like to see them sell at least 10 Million copies worldwide with an album again in the future, but that´s almost impossible.

11. minuteforce

Those Linkin Park guys, they don't discriminate :devil:

Lotus and TobinKnowsBest like this.
  12. LP Soldier 01

For LP I don´t, but for other bands like Coldplay I´m very harsh and that´s why from Coldplay I´ll only buy the first 4 albums if I want, because all others after the first four are not good in my opinion. I think that if you´re a fan of most of a band´s work as I try to be with LP, when I go to a show (too bad I went to my first only this year after trying to go to Rock In Rio Lisbon 2012 and 2014 and not being able to, but I´ll be there if they go headline it in 2018 and probably first row), you are more likely to enjoy it, it´s much better than if you go without knowing anything from the band because you don´t know what you are spending money on and don´t know if it´s worth it or not. When you know most of the lyrics you can sing-along during the whole show until you can´t handle it anymore :)

13. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

1. Its wiipedia
    2. I think it was mike who confirmed that TTM is the next video.

Btw, anybody have a clue why "Fucking" is scratched out in the booket for OML but Bullshit isn't?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  14. minuteforce

I know that, on the clean edition of the album, "bullshit" is left uncensored

:shrug:

15. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

So like "we'll print this once so we censor both"? Then I wonder does such a thing like a "censored" vinyl version exist cause on both my CD and my vinyl it is censored in the booklet while the song(s) are untouched.

16. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

He thinks LP changed their sound too much. Can't blame him :lol:

17. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Linkin Park doesn't care, though. They made what they wanted to make and are obviously very happy with how it came out. They also made it very clear that they do not care what the fans think, either.

18. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Asking what Rammstein thinks or including their opinions is the most random thing ever

Captain-EO likes this.
  19. minuteforce

They care what the fans think, or else they'd never ask, but kowtowing to the fans when it comes to their album-making creativity would be selling out. There's a middle ground.

20. LP Soldier 01

I honestly think LP should care more about the fans, because without fans there is no commercial success, so they should at least make 1 or 2 songs per album in a style most people like so that it appeals to a wider audience. They reached no 1 in Billboard, but dropped drastically worldwide, in many countries the album is not on he chart anymore and on Billboard it went to 130 or so in 5 or 6 weeks, dropped big from 1 to 30 in week 2 on Billboard, I think no LP album had ever done this bad in terms of sales.