Female Rock/Metal Singers

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by LP Soldier 01, Jun 30, 2017.

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

@Captain-EO Good one :D

Here are more excellent heavy female vocalists for anyone who's interested:

Som Pluijmers (ex Cerebral Bore, Your Chance To Die) Death Metal

Candace (Walls of Jericho) Hardcore

Eva Spence (Rollo Tomassi) Mathcore, Experimental

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

No. None of those singers are Pop Singers except Cassadee Pope who was a Pop Rock singer

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

If you´re interested in growled female vocals, check this band out, they had various singers but this one is the best for me:

LP Soldier 01

@Blake

I was doing a roundup of some older music I liked and Avril Lavigne appeared and she surely has to be on my top singers list, her best for me is Wish You Were,a really good song, I like the more country feel to it, she´s much more talented than for example Taylor Swift, just not so promoted these days than when she made her breakthrough back in the 2000s. I think Hayley Williams must have been clearly influenced by Avril as she is also punk-rock like Hayley, just a better artist than Hayley (even though I think Brand New Eyes by Paramore is an amazing record). Almost forgot about her, I used to watch a TV show in my country in the 2000s that promoted the best music on the charts those days in my country and Avril used to appear several times, just like LP, Coldplay and I remember I also liked that song by Lady Antebellum, Need You Now, another very good one. But, back to Avril, I think there would be no mainstream popularity for punk-rock acts like Paramore, even though Green Day had already paved the path for punk-rock, if there wasn´t for Avril. She was one of the first great female singers of the 2000s, after the popularity of other Canadian singers after Shania Twain and Alanis Morisette. I only know some songs by her, basically the most famous ones, but it´s enough for me to state Avril as one of the best artists of this century.
    Sorry for the double posting, but I was doing this roundup and had to write about this.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Start using the "Edit" function, found at the top of your post next to the timestamp (as explained in this guide). :sleep:

LP Soldier 01

I didn´t think about that, but actually I sometimes do it when I want to add something more.