The Coldplay thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Abel, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

2. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Official video for "Something Just Like This" has been released.
    Luckiest kid ever.

3. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Did I miss something? Since when is the EP coming out on July 14th?

EDIT: Is there even a legit release date for this thing? I'm seeing different dates for the release.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  4. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

Honestly I don´t care for Coldplay for so long (after Viva La Vida). The new stuff is just not my thing as it is so pop (much poppier than new LP and I see no one criticizing Coldplay and almost everyone criticizing LP). It´s also true that LP had a more drastic change in sound over the years than Coldplay, but it isn´t necessarily bad as no album that LP did was a bad one.

5. The Joesen One

July 14 digital, August 4 on CD & vinyl

It used to be on June 2, then moved to June 30, then delayed until they decided on July.

6. The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

Actually the Coldplay fanbase is very harsh to every album the band has released starting with Mylo Xyloto. I actually enjoy all of their albums (everyone has their pros and cons), but their core fanbase is very similar to the LP one on this note.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  7. LP Soldier 01

I didn´t know that, but that is because I like some Coldplay songs until Viva La Vida (that album I had it and heard fully, very good one), but the from the 3 before that I didn´t listen fully, only some of the most famous songs and so I never really followed Coldplay. I didn´t imagine Coldplay fanbase would be as harsh on them as most of the LP fanbase clearly is.

8. The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only thing is that their youtube comment section isn't always a World War III LOL You have to look for their forums to know this stuff

9. LP Soldier 01

I don´t bother with their forums actually, I´d only do if I were a Coldplay fan, which I´m not, I´m just a sporadic listener.

10. The Joesen One

Coldplay has debuted "Miracles (Something Special)" featuring Big Sean in Milan. Real groovy R&B vibes.

11. LP Soldier 01

I think I will give the Coldplay records after Viva La Vida a shot to find more music and not listen to the same things over and over again.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

This EP is great imo.

"Mylo Xyloto" is a really fun upbeat album, and "Ghost Stories" is moody and atmospheric. I didn't care for "A Head Full of Dreams" though. I don't think MX or GS quite live up to VLV, but both are still really good in their own right.

13. brady

"A L I E N S", "Hypnotized", and "All I Can Think About Is You" are all so amazing. Kinda sucks that "Something Just Like This" was thrown on the EP too.

14. The Joesen One

At this point, we've heard the entire EP, right? Only Miracles (Something Special)'s studio version has yet to be released.

15. LP Soldier 01

I really feel that Coldplay sold out a bit, like they've been pop for quite a long time, but I find their pop not that appealing, like their lyrics lost some of the feeling they had back in the day, I can listen to it, but still feel nostalgic for their older songs as those were some of the songs I listened to in the 2000s when I was a kid.
    This video deserves credit, though, this song sounds good and the video is interesting.

16. The Joesen One

Kaleidoscope EP is out now for digital and streaming! And it's pretty good!

"All I Can Think About is You" really reminds me of their old music, only that it sounds more matured and established. "Miracles (Something Special)" sounds more of the modern R&B/poppy-influenced Coldplay mixed with the original "Miracles", and Big Sean's verse is solid. "ALIENS" is probably my favorite, since it's so weird and crazy as an indie rock-inspired song. "Something Just Like This" sounds a lot better live, imo, and I'm glad it's the live version instead of the original. "Hypnotised" is just as good as I remembered, except that it's extended for the EP.

Overall, a solid and diverse set, and may be better than AHFOD!

Also, Miracles (Something Special) is being sent to radio as a single!

https://planetradio.co.uk/key/entertainment/music/everything-need-know-coldplay-brand-new-single/

17. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

How is it that an EP is probably the best thing they've done since Viva la Vida or Death And All His Friends? They honestly should have made this a full-length. There is some damn good material on this thing. This "companion EP" is better than the album it's supposed to be a supplement to :lol:

The Joesen One likes this.
  18. LP Soldier 01

I'll listen to it as many people are saying so many good things about it and that it's the best thing since Viva La Vida, which is the exactlt the point where I stopped kistening to them.

19. brady

This is such a good EP, and would have been near perfection if 'Something Just Like This' wasn't on here (and the "remix" doesn't make it any better at all). But I love 'Miracles (Something Special)' and I really do not mind Big Sean's verse at all. 'Hypnotized' and 'All I Can Think About Is You' are both amazing (the second half of the latter is extremely good), and 'A L I E N S' is pretty good, too.

I just hope that Coldplay's next endeavor sounds a lot more like this EP and not 'Something Just Like This' nor A Head Full Of Dreams.

20. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I didn't listen to the Tokyo Mix or whatever of the song. I did listen to the rest of the EP though. Not bad.

My favorite is still Hypnotised.

brady likes this.