Album Track-By-Track Commentary

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by LP Soldier 01, Jul 11, 2017.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I'll start a new album review thread. In this one you will comment the albums you choose (any artist) track-by-track and then give a final score. Can take long posts,though. I'll start:

Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby (2011) - Pop-Rock
    1- Black Star: Great opener, with great piano play and little sounds yhat combine amazingly with Avril's voice

2- What The Hell: First single and a very edgy one, great pace, sound and lyrics, her voice doesn't disappoint either. Very creative music video which also helps this song. Very good song in a pop tone, but we can still notice some instruments, not just a raw beat.

3-Push - Great acoustic guitar play, amazing voice and pace, a meaningful song as well about loving someone

4-Wish You Were Here - best of the album, amazing acoustic guitar, lyrics, solid and well-paced beat, very emotional voice and lyrics about missing someone you love and doing everything to have them close. The music video brings even more meaning to this song, very high sing-along potential with a very catchy chorus. Sad, but uplifting song at the same time.

5- Smile - Most punk song of the record with great guitar play (electric and acoustic), a more crazy Avril style, but still very well paced, great pop beat and lyrics with one or two great lines about being happy in general. Great use of the repetition of the same line in a different tone. A very uplifting song with a catchy chorus

6- Stop Standing There- great childlike voice, and also great acoustic guitar, very uplifting as well and has got some good, well paced percussion to get you into the song, catchy chorus

7- I Love You - Another great song about loving someone with a great beat, use of the acoustic guitar and great lyrics about why people love each other, catchy small singing parts like la la la la la la, something I enjoy a lot in Avril. Also powerful voice in the last choruses

8- Everybody Hurts - One of the best ballads I've ever heard, with the use of acoustic guitar upfront and uplifting lyrics about feeling down and overcoming that situation, she says it's ok to feel down sometimes, but we´ll eventually lift our head up and move on. One of her most meaningful songs. Amazing repetion of the same line in a different tone. Great use of la la la la la once again. Very good mash up of different lines almost at the same time to the end of the song. Great ending with the acoustic guitar.

9-Not Enough - Another one with very good acoustic guitar upfront and marking the initial pace of the song. A song about sometimes things we do not being enough, even though we do our all. Great drumplay combined with the acoustic guitar later in the song and on the choruses that takes the song to another level. Avril's voice always on spot, to the end, some faster drumming combined with faster singing pace and ending slowly and perfectly with the guitar

10- 4 Real - The voice starts by marking the pace before the guitar does that and there is some good beat in the choruses always along with the acoustic voice. Love when she sings "Hold me down/Hold me now/I'm safe, I'm sound when you're around", very soothing. The choruses remind me of Alanis Morisette. A masterpiece like every song on this one.

11- Darlin - One song Avril wrote before enetring the big scene, when she was 14 or 15, but again another song about feeling happy after being low and supporting the people who's feeling down, another great acoustic guitar play. She really feels what she's singing. Later, some great percussion, violins and twinkling piano sounds. The last choruses also have some violin here and there and great guitar pace, before ending slowly with violin

12- Remember When - Great piano play setting the pace, before the acoustic guitar kicks in at the choruses and some twinking sounds as well. Very emotional lyrics. Great strings work on this one as well, great use of violin. To the end, the drum kicks in along with a faster paced singing, before ending with the acoustic guitar.

13- Goodbye - Great stings arrangement that reminds of some Evanescence songs. Great childlike voice and great pace set by the piano, along with the orchestral sounds and some acoustic guitar. Another great ballad by Avril, this is definitely a style that suits her, just acoustic guitar, piano and some strings, her voice really hooks the listen up in the song and is soothing to the ears. Lyrics about loving someone and having to say goodbye. Amazing ending with orchestral sounds after she sings the chorus one last time. Perfect song.

14- Alice - The song Avril wrote for Alice In Wonderland movie. Some great small sounds before the piano and slow percussion kicking in and still letting her voice shine, in a more childlike tone. Some instrumental-only bits between her sung parts are also very well placed. Amazing when she sings "I found myself in Wonderland" and delivers more slow singing before the percussion kicking in and lifting the pace up. Very powerful chorus and small sounds to finish this record perfectly.

This is definitely my favorite Avril Lavigne album.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Screw easy mode. Avril Lavigne albums only, people. :sleep:

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

You can make it for any artist, I just started by her and this album because I've been listening to her a lot lately and this one is her best. I could do it for 6 or 7 more artists and will do after someone reviews another album. Her albums are only 5 and there are more artists to review.