Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Eh, charts and selling albums isnt such a thing like 20 years ago. Its all about streaming nowdays, no wonder that all the "mainstream" music beats LP in that. It appeals to the masses.

2. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I know, but I didnĀ“t think LP would drop that much in 5 or 6 weeks, they tried to go big at mainstream once again,but came short.

3. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

It makes me happy that I The Mighty's Slow Dancing Forever is still on Linkin Park's Radio Playlist on Spotify. I love that song and I'm glad to see the band/Mike likes it so much too :lol:

4. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Their fans are the kinds of people who will bitch for nearly a decade that "old LP was better where are all the guitarzzzz" and then when the band releases the heaviest album of their career, the same people will still find a reason to think it sucks. If the opinions of their fanbase were actually valuable enough to be a reliable source of direction as to what kind of music would be a successful venture for Linkin Park, The Hunting Party should have sold 20 million copies. That album proved once and for all that the vast majority of their fans are impossible to satisfy and shouldn't be taken into consideration in any decision they make.

Modern Guitar God, brady, Avo and 2 others like this.
  5. LP Soldier 01

You really have a point there, logically THP should have sold much, much more judging by the way it sounds.

6. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The thing is,

1.Album Streams are much bigger than sales nowdays.
    2.OML had a lot more promotion than THP (which had barely promotion, some "fans" dont even know it exists)

7. LP Soldier 01

That's so true, even OML had poor single releases and promotion in general, they preferred to promote the album as a whole than to promote one or two songs, it was a good idea, but they could have promoted more singles.

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

OML was given pretty solid promotion. "Heavy" landing on the Hot 100 at all and the album hitting #1 upon arrival says it all. But you're right in that it wasn't perfect, a second single somewhere near the album release could've been used to sustain the hype.

Also, Astat is right: self-righteous rock fans should've put their money where their mouths were to propel "The Hunting Party" way higher than it went. :disgust: Pretty weak showing if you compare it with how demanding they are.

9. LP Soldier 01

I was just saying that, apart from all those milestones, it shouldn't have dropped so fast on the charts, normally their albums stay 5 to 10 weeks on top 5 or top 10 positions in many countries, this time it dropped right after week 1 everywhere or almost everywhere.

10. minuteforce

It's Linkin Park. Already, most releases fall steeply after they debut, and LP aren't a zeitgeist act anymore.

11. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Dropping fast is normal. Linkin Park's drop is pretty tame compared to many acts I've seen. Some drop by the 50 mark in the second week. Only current popular acts like Drake, Kendrick, Drake and other can sustain a few chart drops. I know cuz I've been following charts a lot for a few years now.

12. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree with you here. I happen to love Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes To Midnight, as well as the rest of the band's work from the time period of those releases. I didn't like The Hunting Party at all. I also don't think it sounded anything like Hybrid Theory or Meteora. The Hunting Party was basically the band doing a sound originating from hard rock and metal of the 1980's and early to mid 1990's. It also had a few tracks on the album that felt more like outtakes from albums like A Thousand Suns and Living Things, such as Until It's Gone, Drawbar and parts of A Line In The Sand, maybe even Final Masquerade as well. Hybrid Theory and Meteora also had a lot of hip-hop influence in them, whether you see it or not, so there's also that as well. I'm not impossible to satisfy, I don't listen to music like that, if I like something, I like it, it just so happens that I don't like anything the band has put out after Minutes To Midnight. I'm open to hearing anything the band creates in the future and giving it a shot. The Hunting Party was just an album that I really didn't enjoy even remotely, and this is coming from someone who adores the music the band put out last decade.

13. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I don't think I've ever seen a less appealing video title and thumbnail in my life :lol:

19897895_10158975968065627_752414324_o (2).jpg

14. minuteforce

Nu-metal fans (how I imagine)

EDIT: late, but,

Well, as a counterpoint, some artists do really well on streaming platforms but not sales, and others vice-versa. Others still don't sell a lot of albums but get good numbers on tour. Success in one area isn't always reflected in others. iTunes and Spotify charts don't always match up.

15. LP Soldier 01

Most certainly. I think we should always try to adapt our musical taste to the new things that old artists we like are making nowadays, always give them a second chance.
    I did that with Nickelback and it unfortunately didn't work, I also tried to listen to Radiohead and it kinda went right, but not completely and I'm still to try and give that second chance to Colplay post-2010 stuff.

16. The Joesen One

17. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

18. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Reviews should be good because the shows seem excellent but five-peace and Battle Stations? I guess the journalist just had to fill in some spaces in the papers.

19. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Epic post. Looks extremely cringe worthy. I can't even bring myself to watch it.

TobinKnowsBest likes this.
  20. The Joesen One

BTorio likes this.