Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Dude I'm so sorry. I know it doesn't mean much from a stranger on the internet, but stay strong. :)

Nobody Can Shave Me Now and Vic like this.
    joshtrum

joshtrum Active Member

I've got nothing. I've sat here for 20 mins. trying to find something to say, and I've got nothing. I just hope Talinda and the Band know how much family, friends, and fans love them, and I still can't believe what's happened. It's surreal. It's impossible. But, it's sadly true.

Abel likes this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm sure they will find a way to continue.

It is ironic though how, before One More Light came out, people were talking about how this felt like the end of the band.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Chester's powerful voice was my gateway into music. His impact will never be forgotten.

I'm literally numb from the loss. When I think of music I think of Linkin Park.

The regret I have for never seeing him live is gut-wrenching.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Lost for words. As many pointed out, it feels surreal. Yet really hard and real. It's always such a chaos of feeling and thoughts; "how?" Well, we never quite knew him, right? It was Chris Cornell's birthday.

AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

Thank you, it means a lot more than you think!

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

They could carry on. Other bands have done it and Chester wasn't the primary songwriter, nor the only vocalist.

Whether they want to continue is another matter. While I don't see Mike never wanting to write music again, I could definitely see the five of them needing to take a few years off. If that's what they need, I wish them the best. I can't imagine what this must be like. But I hope they find a way to carry through this. It's hard enough losing Chester, I can't imagine losing the whole band.

The Free Element likes this.
    Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I don't know if can hear OML ever again. I've cried everytime I heard since that song came out.

P4P3RKuT

P4P3RKuT Member

I'm so heartbroken, I feel like I've lost a friend. I'm just at a loss for words right now.

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

Posted this on Facebook, but I'm leaving it here for venting purposes:

I don't know how this will be received, or if anyone will even read this, but I feel like I have to say something.

Anyone close to me knows that music is my main hobby; I collect vinyl, listen to thousands of songs, and play music, even playing in front of an audience for the first time in May.

With Chester Bennington's death, I feel this hobby is fully justified. The thing is, about 13 years ago, Linkin Park was the first band I ever paid attention to. I was young, but I knew that I enjoyed the music. "Breaking the Habit" was my favorite song for 5 years. "A Thousand Suns" is still my favourite album of all time, roughly 7 years since first hearing it. And most of all, Chester has been my favorite vocalist since I first heard him sing on "Breaking the Habit."

It's because of these early connections that I became so engrossed in music. Linkin Park served as my entryway into music. Because of them, I was exposed to so many forms of music all at one. They allowed me to keep an open mind, letting me discover so much.

Basically, without Linkin Park and Chester, I never would have this passion I've invested so much into. I have them to thank for everything, and they serve as my biggest influence when I perform. If I ever pick up singing, Chester's vocals will be my main influence.

I'm devastated by his death, but the influence will live on. Thank you for your impact, Chester.

And if you read this to the end, thank you for reading.

"Who cares if one more light goes out?/Well, I do."

Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

Oh my. Their music has saved my life, many times. And now Chester is gone. I never thought this day would come. I still can't take it. Their music filled a big hole in my life. I was so sad and lost at the time, before I found Linkin Park. Every time I've felt depressed, sad or whatever, their music has always been there for me, Chester's beautiful voice singing to me, as if he is next to me to say everything will be fine. Their music have made me smile and cry. I remember listening to One More Light recently, crying alone and thinking how can I take life any longer, and when he sings "Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do" at the end, I knew everything will be ok again. He, and the band, saved so many people, and now he is gone. He loved and was so kind to every single one of us. Their latest album gets a whole new meaning now for me. All the song titles, and the lyrics, seem so sad now. I wonder if the songs reflected his feelings and thoughts about ending his life, and were there signs, that we ignored, in the music. He seemed to be so happy about life, and the new album. I can't hold my crying when I listen to LP now.

I found them around the time when the Burn It Down music video came out. I had never heard anything like that before, I was so impressed and immediately became a huge fan. I was a teenager who was missing something, and their music filled this hole in a way. When I heard "Iridescent" it became my favorite song. I can remember all the good and bad days, that when this song has been playing in my earphones. That song especially has helped me countless times, and will continue to do so, it has to be one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written. I feel very very grateful and honored to have seen them live once, in Finland, Jämsä 31st August 2015. It was the first ever concert I went to, and which I have always remembered, and will remember, as one of the best days in my life. Meeting the band, I remember how happy and full of joy Chester (and the whole band) was. Always when I think back to that day and all of the moments, I feel pure happiness.

From all the powerful screaming to his soft and calm singing, he was our hero and a genius in music. I have never seen or heard any singer as versatile. He played shows in pain, e.g. with a broken wrist, a broken ankle. He truly cared about music and the fans, and he always gave everything he got especially in live shows. I can't believe he is gone. My condolences to his family, relatives, the band, and all of the other fans here and around the world. You will be eternally missed, and we will always love you. Chester :cry:<3

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

I am devastated.... i have no words, I simply do not believe this. RIP. Hope you rock with Chris now.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I'm not weeping. I have a straight face but tears just keep rolling down by eyes nonstop. Chester deserved so much more. I cannot believe it's him. I admired him so fucking much.

I honestly don't see them carrying on anymore. Maybe fort minor. But not LP.

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

this is tragic but i still refuse to believe i grew up with linkin park omg tears in my eyes all day so sad so horrible

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I really don't want to go too deep into speculation but while his suicide might have presented Chester this tragic solution, I'm sure his reasons lie much deeper. We may have seen him as a shining person but I guess it becomes clear now that it's impossible to see into someone else's heart.

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

this will impact on the bands future i believe...

Mr_Choco

Mr_Choco Site Voayer

I'm feel deeply saddened by loss of Chester, since like many here on the forums I've also been inspired by the band to make music. It wasn't their music directly that inspired me. I remembered watching "Making of Meteora" and I was moved as how much input goes into making music and I remember searching on yahoo ProTools and seeing I had no money and no way to buy it I had a horrible PC mic and I placed it to a synthesizer and I recorded it at Windows XP sound recorder and it was beginning of my music making.
    These making of videos were what I always loved about album cycles. Unfortunately they've stopped releasing DVD format after A thousand suns. But I still followed the band and enjoyed their work and bought their albums and watched LPU and youtube videos. Thanks to their experimentation I was open for more music genres and today I'm really happy that I can say I enjoy any type of music not for some genre definition but because I enjoy it. Linkin Park thought me not to listen music by labels but by sound.
    To Chester I thank for all these years that you gave us gift of your beautiful voice and you may be gone man, but your music will live on and hopefully will inspire people that are yet to discover it and may it provide shelter to those who mourn your loss. Even though you couldn't be saved I'm sure that you have saved many people in their darkest times. My prayers go to you to enjoy heaven with Chris and rest of legends that have left our world, and prayers goes to your family and your band mates.

soun'wave

soun'wave can't shake the shock

Chester fought the battle on the frontline with all of us, and now the greatest soldier has fallen.

Rest in Peace, you were a hero to so many.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

My dad dies, my GMA has months and so does my mom. This has been by far the worst year of my life. I'm sick of loosing people.

But I digress...

This is addiction at its finest (worst) It can take you into the slums of hell and I truly believe it played a role.
    The other thing is, I had a dream about three weeks ago that Chester committed suicide. The Universe has a way of revealing itself and I truly believe it did in my situation. Its bizarre and spooky and very true. I woke up in tears and this cannot be coincidence. I thought to myself, this could never be true as you see this man so happy and full of life and plenty of witty humor. I was 16 and now im 33. This band has become immortalized in my eyes. I bawled my eyes out and didnt believe it when I found out even through the BBC that it was confirmed. Today is a sad day and I'm honestly depressed.

To his family and friends, our deepest condolences. And to the fans, let us never forget that Chester could rock the hell out of the Wizard song.

This has been the hardest post I've ever written on this site. Love you all!!

Alexrednex, Blake, Krizlinkin and 2 others like this.
  20. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I knew the day would eventually come that I'd outlive band members, but I never imagined it'd hit this hard

I put "heavy" on and had to turn it off after 3 seconds, I just can't hear his voice