Your Favorite Moment of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blake, Jul 21, 2017.

Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

When MTM came out, me and my best friend used to listen it on full volume in his car when he used to go home, listening to MTM was a must for us. The last time I saw him, I had left the CD in his car, he passed away in 2008.

Krizlinkin likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Earlier, I was watching the video of Mike and Chester doing songs about food. The Cup o' Noodles one cracked me up, especially when they did in the manner of Hybrid Theory.

Also, when Chester was recording his part for "Victimized". Who didn't laugh when he belted out, "Have I told you lately you're my hero?"

Krizlinkin likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Ah, that's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss :(

Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

My favorite Linkin Park moment was when I went to see them on my birthday during the Carnivores Tour in 2014. I took my Dad with me to his only Linkin Park concert. While it was my 4th Linkin Park concert it was my favorite of them all.

A close 2nd would be when they appeared on one of my favorite YouTube shows Good Mythical Morning. Mike and Chester really did a good performance on there.

Krizlinkin and Blake like this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

There's so many moments that I will forever cherish, I know I'll be missing a lot more from my list but here we go:

Listening to Points Of Authority for the first time on the radio in 2000 as my Step-Dad took me, my Mum, Sister and his son to Cadbury World for the day. I just remember listening to the song and being blown away by it but I didn't catch the name of the band. Thankfully, I would find out it was Linkin Park later on.

Getting Crawling on a compilation album in 2001 and absolutely adoring the track, this was when I started to take notice of Linkin Park. 2 songs out of 2 I enjoyed and this track was the one I blasted the most on the CD.

Borrowing my best friend's (from primary and secondary school, haven't seen him though in about 4-5 years) In The End single CD. He was a massive Iron Maiden fan but I remember, we were in Maths class in late 2002 (it was just before we broke up for Christmas if I recall) and he said to me, "have you heard of this band, Linkin Park" and I said I did and I liked a couple of their songs. Anyway, he said he had their In The End CD, which was his favourite song by them. I asked if I could borrow it and he let me. I think I must have had the CD for at least 4 months (he didn't mind I think he was pleased when I told him how much I loved the song and the CD as a whole) before I returned in. I was stunned by the sound; the piano, the rapping, the chorus, the epic bridge, the lyrics... just the combination of different genres in this one song that sounded so pop-metal but awesome and it worked! I listened to the track probably thousands of times before I returned it.

Purchasing my 2nd ever CD and my first from Linkin Park and getting Meteora literally the 2nd week it was released. It was the only Linkin Park album they had available and even the Customer Server there said it was an awesome album. I got home and for some reason I played Numb first. My sister was in her bedroom and asked who it was and what was the name of the song, she loved it as did I. Good memories, just blasting that album so much and loving every song on it and how for me, the sound was so unique. I then straight away started getting the other albums, downloading other songs I didn't have (songs off their EP) and getting posters and other merchandise.

Watching all the Linkin Park music videos not long after this and then watching them release all their music videos from Meteora, I remember thinking they were releasing a video literally every couple of months on Kerrang and they were all awesome. Breaking The Habit is still possibly my favourite ever music video by the band, love that one!

Going to see Linkin Park for the first time with my best friend in Manchester in 2003. I remember the day as if it was yesterday; we were sitting exams (I believe they were mock exams) at school and I was starting to feel really sick that day, I had a temperature, I was burning up and had the shakes, my ears were hurting and felt slightly blocked, I felt so weak and drained, so many symptoms and this was on the day of the concert! I also remember a girl that sat next to me accidentally dislocated her wrist (I believe she had bone problems or something) and she had to leave the exam as we all finished off. The exam concluded and me and my friend met my Mum and Step-Dad at the car outside school. We rushed home, got changed, had a bite to eat and made our journey in the car to Manchester. On the way I was feeling worse and worse but I didn't let on how bad I was, I just wanted to get there and see the band no matter how sick I felt. We got there, got to our seats, which were right at the back of the arena and although the band looked like ants when they came on, it was awesome seeing them for the first time and playing their classics. I was so ill but I stood up with my friend, bouncing and singing the lyrics at the top of my lungs throughout the entire set and we had such a fantastic time that night. I remember meeting my Mum and Step-Dad outside the arena, at the bottom of the steps and saying I didn't care if I was ill, Linkin Park were awesome live and my friend agreed. Such a special moment.

Going on a field trip with school (year 11) and to my surprise, someone brought a Reanimation CD with them and put it on and we listened to the entire album on the journey. It was surreal seeing these people who were just casual listeners singing the lyrics to each song and saying how awesome the album was.

Getting the Live In Texas live DVD and playing it non-stop and loving every moment of it. I always found an excuse to play it to every single one of my friends.

Watching Linkin Park's performance at Rock am Ring 2004 on TV - enough said!

Joining LPA for me was another special moment and that was down to my support of Linkin Park. I wanted to join a community and I lurked the LPA site for a year or 2 before I decided to join. I met some nice, funny people and it was a real treat sharing the build-up to the release of their long-awaited and anticipated 3rd album, Minutes To Midnight. That was my first album cycle on this website and it was truly incredible! You just didn't know what direction the band were going to go in and pretty much everyone was excited for a change. Great times, great times. When the album arrived I remember blasting Bleed It Out first and then I had to turn the album off as I had college that morning and had to meet my girlfriend (she wasn't my girlfriend at the time) to walk to college and I told her how awesome Bleed It Out was and how different it sounded to their prior 2 albums.

Watching the Projekt Revolution show that was livestreamed in 2007 and loving the performance from the band and being blown away by Chester's voice, he was perfect all night. I became a livestream fanatic after this and tried to watch as many Linkin Park livestream shows as I could, both past and present.

Being confused by A Thousand Suns by the complete sound change, when Burning In The Skies came on, I was shocked and confused at how different the album sounded, the guitars were in the background and it was more of an electronic soundscape booming through my stereo. I took the album to my girlfriends and she listening to it and loved it. I played the album in full a few more times and I was astonished at how amazing the album, the sound, the story the band was telling was. It's still my 2nd favourite album by the band and I was so proud of the direction they went in.

Going to see Linkin Park for the 2nd time and the first time with my girlfriend in 2010, it was a fantastic night and we had such a fun time and the band were so on point that night.

2014 was a really awful year for me, we had to have our dog put to sleep and I wasn't having a good year anyway; hated my job role, felt unconfident within myself, etc. A week after we had to say goodbye to my lovely dog, The Hunting Party was released and it was the perfect album at the perfect time, it was just what I needed to let this boiled up rage out and it felt so good.

One More Light coming out this year and me being so proud of the band and it was an album I could relate to and it gave me a lot of hope. It will take on new meaning now with Chester's untimely death but I'll appreciate his and the entire bands work on this album and the personal lyrics they shared with us.

Finally, Thursday 6th of July 2017 will go down as probably my greatest day as a Linkin Park fan. All the above moments mentioned were special and I hold in high regard but this day was one of a kind, something I never expected. Going to see the band for my 3rd time in Birmingham after the original show I was supposed to attend in Manchester got cancelled. People tell me it was fate this happened as I had a change of heart and decided to purchase tickets for the Birmingham show and then I find out a couple of weeks later I've won a Meet & Greet pass. I was so ecstatic that day and meeting the band was a real privilege. Shaking Mike & Rob's hand, Brad bowing to me and Chester giving me a hug and me getting to call him a legend and seeing how happy they all were to see us overjoyed fans. It was 30 minutes I will always remember even in my old age, a moment I will always smile upon and hold close to my heart. That day was perfect and even though it hurts to see Chester is no longer with us and unbeknownst to us, he was still suffering in pain, it felt like the perfect goodbye from Chester and possibly the band (depending on what they decide to do). Chester loved us and I know he knew he had millions that loved him greatly. That's how I want to remember Chester; fun, caring, loving, energetic and such a down-to-earth friendly and warm human being.

There's so many to recollect but they're the ones I remember fondly.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Well, there's a lot but right off my mind, when the North America tour was cancelled for THP, the band put out the acoustic version of FM to make up for it, that was right before my board exams (high school graduation exams). I was stressed out of my mind, lagging behind others with no confidence in my self and then the track came out.

I thought it sounded beautiful at that time.

---

This is pretty dumb but when my question was included in a interview for Linkin Park by Derek and Chester actually answered it thoughtfully, it made me really happy.

---

My friend and I would sneak out of the grounds and climb onto empty stairs and just talk about random shit. She really like BTH so we'd sing it sometimes, I could never hit the high notes so I'd just shut up and listen to her under the warm sun. Fun times.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Really cool stories!!!

I'm glad I took the time to read that all :)

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I am really sad what happened to Chester had to be in the same year that I got to see LP live for the first time here in Prague. I feel fortunate to have seen them live, but heartbroken at the sime time as I was making plans to go see them live next year at Rock In Rio Lisbon. I've blamed myself many times and thought that this wouldn't have happened if I hadn't seen them live, so I have a lot of mixed feelings about that concert. The band seemed to have a lot of energy on stage and they seemed to be living some of their best moments live, either in terms of the shows itself or as a band. I don't know if I will ever turn those mixed feeling into something positive, but I will always remember the moment they played One More Light. That song touched me like no other song by them had ever done before and it was special to see all the lights up in the air and happy people singing along. I will even remember how crowded the metro station was, it was insane, at least two metros were completely full, I don't know how many were needed because I left on the scond one, but it was amazing to see, I had never experienced anything like that in my life.

Krizlinkin likes this.
    leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Another one:

When Heavy dropped I listened to it like seven times in a row. By the third or fourth time through my six year old was singing the whole thing right along with it.