Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Rob isn't on social media.

So Brad is the last one left in that regards but I totally understand and respect his decision to stay quite.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Would you guys help me spread this? :')

Xpeerahmental and ashish like this.
  3. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Dave tweeted this on Thursday.

4. Blake

5. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I am 100% going to the London memorial, I'll get some pictures for you guys

Fathom, AndreyKamensky and Blake like this.
  6. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

nvm.

7. alee87

alee87 Active Member

I finally have the courage to share my thoughts on Linkin Park after pulling myself together. This is gonna be a long one so please take time out to hear me out. And Im sorry most of you do not know me much cuz i dont usually come here. I hail from Pakistan by the way (a place LP were never really gonna visit but we do have a fanbase here)

This goes back to the year 2002. I remember a school function and the part where me and my classmate were on stage singing that song I want it that way by the Backstreet boys. Nothing special about that. Later on that day this girl who was my junior actually praised us for our performance, she was a BSB fan too (well most of us were back then cuz of their music). Anyways I remember her asking me suddenly If I listened to Linkin Park, to which I said no. Then she recommended I listen to them cuz they're a rock band. I was introduced to the band at the age of 15 (I was born in 1987) so yeah by that time Hybrid Theory was trending and I had no idea about them nor it.

So here I am at my aunt's place few days later downloading Crawling, In the End, A Place for my head. Randomly selected these songs btw From this P2P file sharing software called "Kazaa" you may wanna Google it dear kids. Anyways I listened to the 3 songs and as expected Crawling became an instant hit for me, followed by in the end and then a place for my head. That is how I Was officially introduced to LP. Then of course I listened to other Hybrid Theory tracks and liked them. Then in 2003 I remember hearing that the new album Meteora is out and I took the liberty of going to a nearby music store to go buy it. I inserted the cassette in my tape and then it was me, my cassette player, and Chester screaming DON'T STAAYYY!! That was the album that sounded like an organised rock album. I would listen to the whole thing over and over with the passage of time. Meteora was indeed a beautiful album.

Then it all faded away as I was entering college and linkin Park took like 4 years for Minutes to midnight. Before that was released I had sorta stopped following them. If you guys remember Orkut, that is where I read a comment made by someone that Linkin park's new single What ive done is out. So I listened to it later and it sounded okay to me. They sounded mature. then I got back to listening to them and was in love with songs like Leave Out All the rest, Valentines Day, shadow of the day. I did avoid listening to The Little Things Give You away cuz for me it was too long and it does start very dull (PLEASE READ TILL THE ENDING PART, THIS THING WILL COME UP AGAIN).

And again I moved on with my studies after the hype faded away. Now here comes the interesting part....Linkin park did a single for Transformers 2 and when I got the chance to listen to it I was like "WHERE HAVE THESE GUYS BEEN ALL THIS TIME?" The song new divide was so beautiful, so full of energy, Chester sounded like he was reborn. My goodness was I obsessed with that song. Im sure you guys can relate. That song was the one which had me hooked for real onto LP. I became a true follower of their music And was eagerly waiting for more songs. I remember being overly hyped for A Thousand Suns in 2010 and that I streamed the album on MySpace dot Com when it came out. It was totally different and initially didn't make sense to me. But then I listened to it again..and I was shocked, stunned. It was like I was listening to a story based on the evolution of mankind, where we're heading and the apocalypse. The name A Thousand Suns aka hell fire had me moved so much that the album became my absolute favourite. I've lost count of how many times I have listened to it from start to finish and cry every time we get to that part where Chester is like "OOO WHEN THEY COME FOR MEEEEEE, COME FOR MEEEE I LL BE GOOOONNEEEEE" The album was just so personal and I was obsessed with The Catalyst, I got more close to Linkin Park's work that I would download live performances from YouTube and listen to them.

Then 2 years later they released Living things album. As expected I was listening to it over and over to songs like Castle of Glass, Lost in the echo, Lies Greed Misery and Powerless. Clearly guys LP was all I listened to to be very honest. Moving on to the release of A Light That Never Comes which became my favourite dance song and that too from a rock band (yes I respect creativity). After that came The Hunting party which was excessively loud, I used it as my workout jam which would literally get me pumped up, lol I still remember dancing to Wastelands when it was released as a single. Good times man!!

Finally it came down to One more light, (AND HERE COMES THAT THING WHERE I SAID I DID NOT LISTEN TO THE SONG FROM MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT). Months before the release of Heavy I decided to download Minutes To Midnight songs and listen to them especially THE LITTLE THINGS GIVE YOU AWAY. I felt like I was listening to a brand new single from them, regrets that I did not listen to it like 10 years ago but my Goodness now i feel like crying when Chester screams at the end of the song.

Alright back to One More Light, a depressing, soft, sweet album from them tat now makes me wana cry Cuz that voice of Chester Bennington will never be heard again. It's been a long journey, going through my teens till today now that I'm almost 30, it's just so depressing that since I had no one to talk to throughout my academic life, I chose LP. I remember myself sitting alone in university in between classes listening to Linkin park songs cuz I became friends with Chester and Mike and now that Chester is dead and possibly Linkin park too...my heart is very very broken right now. Im just sad, confused, like so alone knowing that I've isolated myself so much that I don't know what to do, where to go. Such has been the impact of Chester's death.

Sorry it is too long but In the end I just wanna thank LP for seeing me through the days. We've had a helluva run and I'm afraid now it's...over. I'm so disturbed.

8. AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

I know that feeling. When I was a teenager, I also seperated myself for a while, thinking that everyone's against me and stuff. I soon found out that the only person to blame for my loneliness was me. Talk to people, do things, meet new people, we only have one life, so we better use it! It may sound cliché, but after all that I've been through, I found out just how true it is.

Blake likes this.
  9. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

Carry on. Wave that proverbial HT flag and all the growing up and out it did. Accept the torch. The healing, compassion, and understanding this band has provided cannot be undone.

They've taught me that it's okay to break from time to time. Sometimes you just need a second to combust. (OSC) It's okay to search for belonging. You'll never grow and find that place until you try. (SIB) Don't be afraid to mess up, because redemption begins and ends with YOU. You'll beat it, even if it's yourself. (WID) Not even the promise of fate changes the fact we are blessed every day. We should never let it overshadow our kindness to others. Smile when no one else can and let go of what you can't help. (TC/Iri.) Stand your ground and fight against the tendencies that don't sit right with you, in all shapes and forms and categories. Be an example and call people out on their bullshit if it's not right. (BID/GAtS)

... and don't be afraid.. please.. please, don't hesitate to reach out and say 'I feel weak today.' (Heavy)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Breno9712 likes this.
  10. Exzero

Exzero Active Member

Haven't been here for a very long time, but have followed this site ever since despite I never logged in. Due to the circumstances I needed to share you guys how inspired Chester me to keep on what is important in life.
    This interview from him ist one of the best moments and his words made me more confident in myself.

All people who are depressing I encourage to see this interview, despite his death, this man has spoken some truly words. It is really sad that we can't here him like that anymore, sadder he lost his faith.

I really miss him, the world needs men like him. thank you LPA, thank you LP
    R.I.P CB

Ben and AndreyKamensky like this.
  11. Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

[​IMG]

Jack_Farrell, Ben, HybridT and 7 others like this.
  12. Slash Stradlin

[​IMG]

Jack_Farrell, Murali, Blake and 4 others like this.
  13. Zoro D. Sanji

Zoro D. Sanji New Member

Hello, long time lurker here.

We are counting 3 days since the tragic moment of the loss of Chester, and I still have no power to describe my feelings right now. I came here just to make a suggestion.

We should start a petition to make a statue in memory of Chester in Licoln Park. I dream of a bronze statue with Chester on his knees screaming.
    It would be ideal, if Mike, as an artist himself, could contribute on this and give eternal life to his buddy through his own hands.

Take care.

Jack_Farrell likes this.
  14. StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

There are reports stating that he could be buried next to Chris Cornell at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in L.A. I was already planning on visiting Cornell's grave next month when I go to SoCal. Sadly, that also means time at Chester's probable final resting place as well.

15. Slash Stradlin

[​IMG]

AndreyKamensky, Fathom and Blake like this.
  16. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

One thing I forgot to mention is how much of an impact LP made on my love for music. Chester and the rest of the band is the largest reason as to why I love music and the genres I love. They are the band that really opened me up to a lot of genres, from pop to hard rock. In addition, they led me to this site, and the people on here have shown some amazing artists. I am so thankful for that.

Jack_Farrell, Fathom and Blake like this.
  17. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

Beautiful homage!!

18. Blake

Usually bodies get barried pretty fast because they decay, so he should be barrived by the time you visit which means you can see both of their graves.

Yes, I have to agree with this! They weren't the only band to get me into Secular music but they were a huge part.

I've also discovered a lot of new music from the LPA because of @Minus and @minuteforce and tons of new music because I joined LPL which led me to finding KTT for the second time (and this time when I actually joined), and I discovered so do so much music from KTT.

So for Linkin Park, LPL, LPA I am very grateful

19. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

+1

20. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Anger really sinking in now, been blasting HT, Meteora, and THP all day in my house, and in the car

AndreyKamensky likes this.