Linkin Park Post Message to Chester Following His Death

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jul 24, 2017.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Such a powerful yet humblingly human message. Just like Chester, the band, and their music.

AndreyKamensky and Ree like this.
    JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

That was uprising, especially that they aren't questioning Linkin Park and their friendship, despite the huge hole Chester left now.

It's so bittersweet how his demons, or the fight against them, enabled him to reach out to so many souls, but at the same they killed him.
    I'm also sure that he would regret what he did. He is just too kind of a person. If he wouldn't have been alone in that situation, he would be alright and happy right now, probably proud on the new video and happily soaking up the reactions of the fans.
    Anybody here who hasn't yet read this moving write-up? That's Chester, when his second, inner Chester is caged in and downed. This genuineness and kindness is unbelievable.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LinkinPark/comments/6ov2ds/my_night_with_chester_at_the_twenty_one_pilots/

Krizlinkin and CannaKippers like this.
    YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I thought a statement from the boys would make me feel some sort of comfort, but it's the exact opposite... I feel so broken, and I'm so scared of the future... For me, for us, for them...

LPFan8990 likes this.
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This is a big thing that's helping me come to terms with what happened. Chester was always 100% open about his depression, where is stemmed from, and how it continued to manifest itself in him. This was always a possibility.

There's not necessarily a rhyme or reason as to why it had to be *now* as opposed to any other moment. It could have happened any time given the "right" set of circumstances. Things that we as fans could never have seen.

Taranis

Taranis New Member

Out of respect they should retire the 'Linkin Park' name in my opinion but at the same time, they should not allow this tragic incident to destroy the passion they have for the creative process nor end their participation in it. Life must go on, no matter how difficult that may be right now.

LPFan8990 likes this.
    A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I like the "demons are part of the deal of life" part. So true. Can't have good without evil.

LPFan8990 and Krizlinkin like this.
    Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

I miss him so so much even though I have never met him before....

LPFan8990 and Krizlinkin like this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

One of my high school teachers used to say there's no great musician without great pain in his life.

Krizlinkin and Cely_lp like this.
    _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Apart from the direct family, I feel sad for the rest of the LP guys. I couldn't imagine what they're feeling now - a great loss. It's never easy to lose a friend. =/

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I believe they're now in their own personal hell and need time to heal. I'm just glad they wrote such beautiful letter which shows they were like a family not just best friends.

Hybridora likes this.
    Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I hope that the guys and their families can all draw strength from each other to get through this, they have a great support system and it's times like these where that is extra important. They must be hurting so much.

Neither can I.

On Thursday I was saying goodbye to my granddad, who was a very special person who I was very close to. He'd suffered a lot in his final few years which was devastating to witness, and although it had seemed inevitable seeing the coffin really hit home how he's gone and how much I'll miss him.

Driving home we listened to OML (the album) and it made us feel a tiny bit better, thinking about all the positive memories instead of the sad ones. Then I got the message that Chester had died. It was horrific and disorientating.

I hope one day I can feel truly happy listening to LP music again, at the moment although it's still by far the most special to me it's tinged with sadness and anger.

Krizlinkin likes this.
    Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Just wanted to say that I cherish each and every community member und LPA and LPL. Love you guys and also all other LP fans that I never had the chance to talk to in other communities. Take care everyone and stay together <3

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Bless the band and everyone close to Chester, including especially his family.

Hopefully we can all give the patience they all deserve during this time.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The only people who can make that call is the surviving members of the band. No one else's opinion on what is respectful and what is not concerning what the band does from here on out matters. The band is going to make their decision. Right, wrong or indifferent, whatever the band does from here is what we have to accept. This is the hand that's been dealt. As a fan of the band who cannot change the outcome, we have to take what is given.

LPFan8990, Avo, Alexrednex and 5 others like this.
    Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

I hope they make music together, but under the Xero name would be better.

David Kiesch likes this.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Rest assured this band will go down in history as one of the greatest and Chester will forever be remember as one of the best vocalists ever to grace music.

I know it's easier said than done, but we should now move past mourning and make time for celebration of just how talented Chester was.

Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

[​IMG]

LPFan8990 likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is one of the most accurate posts I've read on here since Chester's passing. As much as people are looking for 'signs' and wondering what was missed, the truth is that Chester's depression was always out in the open. It's just that Chester seemed so upbeat and so positive about life that everyone figured he had his demons under control. That's why it's unhealthy for people to say 'if someone was there' or 'why didn't anyone see signs', because there is no blame in this situation. There was always a chance this would've happened unfortunately, with how bad Chester's demons were. It's a sad and heartbreaking reality about mental illness.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I was listening to Dr. Drew talking about Chester and he was saying how suicidal thoughts are never constant, It's a momentarily thing. That's why they hold people on suicide watch for three days, because after that those people will say "thank you for doing that, I don't know what I was thinking". And that's what makes this so painful; the idea that he could have been "fine" and regretting those thoughts a few days later.

Beautiful post.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    dontFindOutMe likes this.
    xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I appreciate that the band stated that they knew his demons and they still embraced and loved him the way they did. They knew his depression and never took it lightly. Chester had a hard life, sure, but I can't imagine how much it changed when the band found each other. It's okay to be angry, but don't misplace that anger on Chester, but instead on the demons he fought. Depression's a scary beast. I wish it wasn't such a taboo subject unless we lose someone we love.