Linkin Park in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by StrictlyJohnD, Jul 23, 2017.

?

LP in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

1. Yes, induct the band

43 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, don't induct them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Yay or nay?

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I say yes because they shaped a genre and are one of the biggest rock acts of not just our decade but of all time.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

A yes from me. There's not many bigger acts since 2000

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

They're eligible in 2025. I'm sure there are some snobbier people of the older generation that would say otherwise, but I think they should be an absolute lock. Having one of only nine Diamond albums since 2000 (and the only contemporary rock band to do so - the only other rock band to do it period was the Beatles with their "1" compilation) is monumental. They were a pillar of consistency during a period when many of their peers' bands were going through lineup changes every year or two, and they racked up six #1 albums and nine Top 40 hits along the way.

StrictlyJohnD

Agreed. During the past 20 years, Linkin Park has achieved either critical or commercial acclaim for their wide, unique body of work. While not as planet-shaking as The Beatles or even Nirvana, LP essentially belongs to the Xennials and the millennials. You may have the naysayers who say that they're a "boy band with guitars" or "sellouts", but you can't deny that Chester and crew blurred the lines of genre. The band -- to me at least -- is for those who claim to listen to everything. Metal, punk, hard rock, hip hop, folk, country. LP has dabbled in them all.

Gravity_LP likes this.
    LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

That is an absolute yes for me, I don't know when they can become elegible, but for everything they did for music, the way they influenced the music industry and millions of people from the 2000s is something no other band will be able to in the next decades. I would also talk about a Grammy Career Achievement Award or something in that line would also be a good way of praising a band that despite all the success, should have had even more success, recognition and Grammy awards. I still don't understand why they were awarded only two Grammys considering the huge impact of HT and Meteora (which could have resulted in more Grammy awards in those two album cycles) and being also one of the bestselling acts of 2007 (that year they shoud have been awarded at least one Grammy)

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Pretty much no question at this point they will make it in. It's well deserved

Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

I am pretty sure they will be inducted in 2025

LP Soldier 01

When is the first year they can be inducted?

Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

StrictlyJohnD

2025 would've been Hybrid Theory's 25th release anniversary :(.

EvilMamma

EvilMamma Active Member

If LP doesn't make it into the R&R Hall of Fame, the music industry just needs to implode within itself.
    While I am not a "super fan" of the band, although I do own all 7 studio albums and every playlist has no less then 6 LP songs on them, depending on my mood...as a band, LP shaped the music of an entire generation of music. They brought a new genre of music to listeners, they won 2 Grammy awards, 21 MTV awards, several collaborations with other artists, and have a following that consists of MILLIONS of loyal fans as well as numerous musicians themselves.

Even after Chester's passing, 4 of their 7 albums have reentered the Billboard Top 200 list...WITHIN 72 HOURS after his death!!

You don't have to me a part of the music industry to understand the impact LP has had over the last 17 years.

Now, while many don't feel the band should continue without Chester, in time, I truly believe LP can successfully continue for years to come. Don't count them out just yet...the wound is still very fresh...for all of us.

LP Soldier 01

It would be a great tribute to Linkin Park to induct them in the year of HT 25th anniversary. The induction will surely happen, I just don't know if in 2025 or later.