what will happen to linkin park now?

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Mahdi Mobaraki, Jul 24, 2017.

Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

so guys im in a limbo that what will happen next to linkin park after this tragedy
    and i cant really digest it
    can someone help!

TheBowlCombo

TheBowlCombo Member

They'll probably carry on. I feel it in my bones that they know Chester would never want them to stop making music. You saw in their own words in their letter to Chester that nothing could exstinguish their love for creating music. I also see a memorial concert in the future with a bunch of guest vocalists filling in for Chester. Would be a truly awesome way to pay tribute to the legend. Beyond that not sure. I can see a whole album with just Mike on vocals and I would buy the hell out of it any way.

Harleygirl likes this.
    Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

so u are saying that they will create new album under the name of linkin park but without chester?
    is that even possible?
    im with you on buying to support them
    but i cannot really imagine that

TheBowlCombo

TheBowlCombo Member

Well I mean as influential as Chester is to all of us, Linkin Park was and is still a collaboration. As all great bands are. Which means they are still indeed Linkin Park. That's my take on it.

Harleygirl and Hybrid like this.
    Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

so u go with a new vocalist for the band and continue on what they were doing?
    cause i really cannot imagine they stop creating song
    they are so talented

TheBowlCombo

TheBowlCombo Member

I think they'll continue with the remaining members. I don't think they will add a new vocalist.

Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

but mike can only do the rap parts
    i cant see him as the mail vocalist
    it will be fort minor then

Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

in linkin park statement:
    "while we dont know what path our future may take"
    gives me an uncomfortable feeling that they will separate and go on their own way each one of them

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Mike's voice gets stronger with every album they write.

Say goodbye to big ballads that Chester trademarked, but Mike has a lot to offer as an all round vocalist.

Mahdi Mobaraki likes this.
    Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

so u too are saying that he will be the frontman and they will contiune?

ashish

ashish Active Member

I like rock ballads and chester was amazing while singing ballads. Now I'll miss that.
    Rap songs are good but they fade away easily.

Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

exactly
    maybe if mike change his way a little bit that can work
    cause rap is not the primary philosophy of linkin park and wont be

ashish likes this.
    Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I always liked mike vocals more

Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

mike is good no argue on that especially on hands held high
    but he cannot fill the void alone by himself

Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

Get out :halfkappa:

EvilMamma

EvilMamma Active Member

The cover track of Adele's Rolling in the Deep absolutely blows my mind...as far as Mike's lyrical style, no doubt hip hop is in his veins, but his lead vocal ability on Invisible and Castle of Glass, just 2 examples, shows he can carry a song without throwing a rap vibe into the song. Then a song such as In The End, his hip hop/rap ability shined and made the song one of their biggest hits ever.

They can continue as LP. The band didn't die...the others are very much alive. This isn't the Beatles. LP didn't break up. I don't see a reason for LP to disband...several bands have survived a death or differences and continued to make great music. As a fan of LP, I will continue to be a lifelong listener.

Whether anyone realizes this or not, LP has changed their style of music since the end of Minutes to Midnight. Even Mike's hip hop style changed. The meaning has been the same...the style is different. They grew up from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. They became adults, lost the post teen early adult angst style...the louder you scream the better to hear. Now, songs like Heavy and OML will become part of their greatest hits collection. Still the same meaning behind the lyrics, just a more calm, at peace kind of feeling. As it should be, they aren't 23 anymore. I absolutely love it, change is a good thing! Chester defended OML with every part of himself. Fans were outraged over the style, calling him a sellout. Now, those fans are all sad because he's gone. That bothers me. Chester was not the only one that contributed to OML...all of them did, amazingly I may add. Yet, Chester was blamed for the album. Either way, I cannot stand hypocrites. Anyway...sorry, I got on a rant...

We all should just absorb the loss of an amazing musical icon and hold off of the should or shouldn't they. Afterall, that decision really isn't in our hands.

Top2Bottom and Mahdi Mobaraki like this.
    Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

i agree with u
    they matured in age and u can feel it in their songs
    when i heard OML at first it didnt go through me but then i listened to it and felt the lyrics
    i fell in love with that track
    and i really like that style
    that calm vocal in such as shadow of the day and not alone and ...
    but in the end i really cannot digest it without chester
    i know we should carry on and so the band

just hope they continue making songs
    cause thats an art they have and cannot waste it

EvilMamma

EvilMamma Active Member

Chester had a voice that was unmistakably recognizable. Whether it was through LP, DBS or even STP...you knew who was on vocals. Oddly enough, I had to watch the video of Castle of Glass, (heard it on the radio several times before even realizing it was LP) to even phathom Mike could do vocals without it being hip hop! I was blown away...it's still one of my all time.

OML is a very unique album. It's why I enjoy it so much. I never expected after 17 years for them to sound as they did on Hybrid. The pride they each took in what they created in the studio with OML was something many fans discredited. For those guys to pour every thought, feeling and emotion into each track, deserves to be held to a higher standard by the fans And critics. Sure, some songs a bit of the pop genre (not a huge fan of it personally), but it's the lyrics, emotion and vocal ranges that grab you tightly. Invisible is one of those songs for me. Mike took lead and he killed it! My favorite on OML...Just proves he can carry LP if it came down to it. I'm sure many will disagree, even Mike has said he doesn't feel he could do it. Chester had much more range in his singing. I still feel he could pull it off.

I truly feel, in time, at least one more album will come out. More of a "greatest hits" compilation, possibly with one or two new tracks. A healing retrospective, if you will. I don't believe they will let it end like this. It isn't their style.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Mike doesn't have the range that Chester could carry, but his versatility allows so many possibilities to exist.

He will never be able to pull off what Chester could, but as a vocalist/musician/song writer, he really is something to behold.

We all felt Chester would be here forever, and now he's gone. Let's not take for granted the talent LP still holds.

peterjes

peterjes New Member

Couldn't agree more. I think Chester would want Linkin Park to continue making music but it will definitely not be the same without him. If they do hold a memorial concert, who do you think will fill Chester's role? And will it be permanent?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    TheBowlCombo likes this.