Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I think I'm overcoming this. I'm finding myself enjoying listening to Linkin Park. Not like before, but at least I don't cry.

Mysticliz, Hybridora and Doridorica like this.
  2. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Likewise, I managed to watch TTM video without crying and laughed watching TBBT, won't say I'm coming to terms with it but at least no tears came today.

Hybridora, barush and HybridT like this.
  3. barush

barush Active Member

That gives me hope! I still tear up whenever I see a photo of him with Mike or the other guys.

4. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Thank you @LP2K12, not only for your post which really brings home another example of what a great caring guy Chester was, but also for your blog which highlights a topic that needs to be talked about a lot more.

Depression is something that still far too few people are willing to talk about, and seeing those suicide statistics is just scary. To read that on average 44,193 Americans will die by suicide in a year, which means on average 121 people will take their own lives just today, is shocking. Everyone needs to try and help stop this.

The more people can raise awareness, the more it becomes ok to talk about your inner problems, and the more people close to those suffering will be able to empathise, understand and try and be there to help in the fight. Being a guy I know it's hard to talk about stuff like that, but I've come to realise mental problems cannot be dealt with on your own. You aren't being weak asking for help, you're drawing the strength from others to help you fight.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  5. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

Because the community is always there for you and do not laugh someone emotional for that im very grateful.
    I had to learn the last few days that I have to talk about.
    The LP-Community helps a lot.

6. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Social stigma is still so strong. Celebrities talk about it and try to raise awareness, people around me, doctors but there are so many people saying "did you know he was in a loony bin, do you know he visits doctors for crazy people?" It's so sad and unfortunately I don't see anything changing for a very long time. More and more people take their own lives due to depression and it becomes a shocking news in headlines but after a while some other shocking news replace it and people forget until sth bad happens again. I really hope I'm wrong and there will be a national campaign this time to educate people what depression is.
    An excellent article about depression:
    https://www.elephantjournal.com/201...tter-to-those-who-dont-understand-depression/

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Hybridora likes this.
  7. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I used to medicate myself by drinking alcohol and blasting LP especially HT and Meteora i thought i was helping myself cause i didnt wanna feel anything the depression, the anxiety, social anxiety, the fear, but it only manafested itself when i got older, i didnt realize when i was younger, but the anger, the self hate, the rage, jealousy, pain were only getting stronger, i still have those feelings. Medication and threapy is trial and error. Depression is real and it will kill you it doesnt care, i know some of the demons chester was fighting.

8. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

What a beautiful story Jake! Just when I thought that I'm statring to overcome this, I read your post and it brought the tears back... what a wonderful human being he was. And what a great story you have to tell others now!
    Hope you're ok brother!

@LP2K12 likes this.
  9. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I love this story :) Thanks for sharing.

@LP2K12 likes this.
  10. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Got me crying again mate

AndreyKamensky and @LP2K12 like this.
  11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Said this to my staff, but I wanna say it here: Linkin Park fans have really impressed me with their maturity in how they've been handling this unfathomable news. Sure we've had to ban a few random idiots on these boards for being absolutely heartless or trolls, but for the most part the fans have been extremely strong, extremely mature and very supportive of each other.

Makes me proud to be a part of this fanbase right now. This is the worst news we could've ever imagined as LP fans and you guys have been nothing short of remarkable.

12. Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing man.

@LP2K12 likes this.
  13. MadNyankomon-Senpai

MadNyankomon-Senpai Well-Known Member

It has been a week now since Chester passed away, i still can't get over it. I can't listen to their songs anymore without getting remembered that Chester died. I'm still heartbroken and shocked.
    The day they announced that Chester has commited suicide, i was speechless, i couldn't believe it at first, then Mike Shinoda sadly confirmed it and i broke in tears, i just couldn't believe what happend. Chester seemed very happy in the Music Video of Talking To Myself. I always wanted to go to a Linkin Park concert and meet the Band, especially after watching the Music Video of Talking To Myself, the Band and the people seems to have a lot of Fun. Sadly i might not be able to, it's up to the Band if they want to continue their journey without Chester or not in the Future. To be honest, Chester would never want them to stop making music together, we might see what will happen in the future.
    And to those people who say that Chester leaving alone a Wife and Six Kids was a selfish, you know nothing about depression, it eats your brain aiive and you will feel only sadness and negative feeling, it makes you care about nothing but your own misery. Depression is a mental disease and it should be treated more seriously.
    My deepest condolences goes to his Family, Friends and everyone who loved him as a person. And His Fans too! We are mourning for him too.
    Rest in Peace Chester Bennington:chesterscandle:
    I hope we could see you again playing at a live show with Linkin Park and Chris Cornell in Heaven.

14. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

15. BreakingTheHeartbeat

BreakingTheHeartbeat Ten thousand promises, ten thousand ways to lose

"Who cares if one more light goes out?"
    We care... We lost a great man who gave us so much strenght, all his strength...

This evening I was in the bus on my way back home and on the radio played Breaking the Habit...
    This song, especially today at this hour, one week after his death, it felt like a scream for help to me, like he was just explaining what he was going to do... But in this bus nobody seemed to listen and it was such a sad moment...
    "I'll never fight again
    And this is how it ends"

I can't stop crying... Just as if it was the first day they announced his suicide.

All the songs take more power now and it's hard to listen to his great voice knowing that the only things left are memories.
    I know they received critics for their last album OML and I know Chester put all his suffering into it... And I can't figure how much pain he must has felt when he received those critics... I blame myself for not having shown more support all that time when he was alive...

I'm wondering if there are some memorials in Belgium. I would so much like to attend, to do something from my little place... Maybe somebody heard about something in north of France or south of Germany? I could attend that too...

Rest in Peace Chester Bennington:chesterscandle:

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  16. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

17. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Tonight I joined a few fans in my town to commemorate this sad and difficult news from a week ago.

We gathered in front of a concert venue and listened to LP songs for more than three hours.

It felt good to see people that were feeling the same as me in real life and being able to talk to each other about the shows we'd seen and sharing memories.

I met nice people I'd be happy to meet again.

We ended the reunion by listening and singing to "One more light". It was a strong moment I will remember.

image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG

18. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Wanted to share some of the pics i took at this tribute to Chester at Citi field, in Queens NY. It was really emotional, as fans gathered together listened to LP and pay respect and thank Chester and the band for what they have done and the music they gave us for the last past 17 years. Still heartbroken, and feel empty inside, cant believe hes gone.
    20472574_1804543769560979_105894696_o.jpg 20495613_1804543112894378_1832644877_o.jpg 20536296_1804542906227732_1691986304_o.jpg 20527507_1804543742894315_1761329616_n.jpg 20502629_1804543782894311_903351051_o.jpg

_cam_, Gitsnik, barush and 2 others like this.
  19. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Just wanna share with you that I'm blasting lp songs everytime I'm driving and only lp songs - I've put all the albums on random and I gotta say that it's working... I enjoy them more and more with each time. At first it was really hard but now I find it enjoyable and I'm singing along all the time, but a part me is like "hey! why are you enjoying this you piece of shit?! you should be sad" but I guess that's part of the process. Some songs still take me back to that horrible day, like OML etc..

20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I saw videos of all the sing alongs. LPL retweeted them from a user. Looked like lots of fun!