what will happen to linkin park now?

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Mahdi Mobaraki, Jul 24, 2017.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I think they will have a new vocalist, but we really don't know. Whatever it is, I'll still support them.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I really can't see them replacing Chester. He's as irreplaceable as anyone or anything I can think of.

There's enough musical talent and creatively remaining to make a good fist of things

Abel, Mahdi Mobaraki and TheBowlCombo like this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I hope someday when the band is ready to let someone fill the void, hope someone can pass this to the guys. the name is Dimitris, the guy who look a like Chester and has the same range with Chester in terms of singing but I'm not sure if he can scream, though.

Hans Muster likes this.
    TheBowlCombo

TheBowlCombo Member

I think they will do a one time memorial concert with guest vocalists. And then continue on as a 5 piece. Probably dubbing Chester's vocals into their live shows. Talk about an emotional live show to attend. As far as guest vocalists for a memorial show my guesses are Jonathan Davis, Aaron Lewis, Corey Taylor (They were still friends even if Corey had choice words for Chester at times), Jared Letto, maybe Mark Chavez from Adema. Among others. Probably a lot of musicians they were really close with.

TheBowlCombo

TheBowlCombo Member

Agreed. Mike is an extremely talented vocalist and I think a lot of people forget that. He's been the driving force behind many songs that are my personal favorite. He even wrote many of the songs Chester sang. (ie. Breaking the Habit). Will things sound different ? Probably sometimes. But I think Mike is completely capable of leading this band.

Dbug and Top2Bottom like this.
    Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

As long as Mike has the self belief to do it, he can.

Shit, we can't imagine a show without Chester, just imagine how the guys feel particularly Mike. They used to share the presenting of the show if you will.

I really hope this inspires Mike to believe in his voice, and push on to make his own name.

Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

i just hope they dont turn of linkin park and want to continue as another band
    hope they work together
    and i really cannot see them replace chester
    they probably will work as a team of 5

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Can someone clarify how Slipknot managed after the death of their bassist? I don't follow them regularly - who are Stone Sour?

---

Also, how many songs can Mike and the rest even perform live anymore?

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Stone Sour is the band of Jim Root (Slipknot guitarist) and Corey Taylor (Slipknot vocalist)

I haven't followed the band really so don't know what they did about their late bassist (RIP)... it's always a really sensitive situation

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    MadNyankomon-Senpai

MadNyankomon-Senpai Well-Known Member

I don't think that Linkin Park would ever do this to Chester, it would be very disrespectful to Chester and the Fans if they did this. It's like "Hey our Vocalist died, let's get a new one to replace him". Don't forget that Linkin Park was formed by sIx persons who also happen to be close friends, that's why the Band stuck together for so long, their Bonds are still very strong.
    Strong friendship is the reason why Bands stay together for so long.
    I bet that Mike Shinoda will still make music, even if it's not with Linkin Park. He already has Fort Minor as a Side Project, his last FM song was in 2015. I don't think that Chester would even want them to stop making Music together as Linkin Park.
    No matter what Linkin Park chose to do in the Future, i will fully support them even if they decide to continue without Chester.

crazygolfer and Mahdi Mobaraki like this.
    Mahdi Mobaraki

Mahdi Mobaraki Member

i go with u
    good said
    i think they will continue as a team of 5 member
    i know it sounds selfish
    but i really want them to continue
    cause it will be much harder if they break the band because of the tragedy

blackout. likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Slipknot has only released one album since their bassist died and it took like 7 years to come out

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I think they will become a hip hop group now. My bet is you're gonna see alot more hip hop on LP if they carry on.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I think they will continue as a 5-piece, and bring in guest vocalists for certain songs, maybe. As far as performing live, I don't know how they're going to do that. I'm sure if they ever did play live again, the crowd would take Chester's place on some songs. That would be incredibly emotional.

Knt.Slbs

Tbh, The reason I like LP because of their hip-hop elements that doesn't sound too cliche to listen. Do you think the band will able to make a monumental comeback after this? I mean, the same impact when Hybrid Theory was released?

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Let's be honest, if they were to continue, the answer is no. I think, though, if they dropped another album in say, 5 years, more people would definitely check it out than usual just out of curiosity. But it will probably be the same BS we get every album cycle:

They don't sound the same.
    Urhg, this new singer is nothing like Chester!
    They should have just quit.
    I can't believe they changed their sound!
    This sounds nothing like Hybrid Theory!
    -[Insert asshole troll jabbing Chester's passing]-

Of course, some of the above is all hypothetical.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Fair enough..

Caique Soares

Caique Soares Member

I do not understand, why putting another vocalist would be disrespectful to Chester? Chester's legacy is untouchable. The band ended a cycle, 1999-2017. But, all 5 deserve by right, use the name linkin park. We can not take it from them, with a new singer or not

Ok, Mike have a Fort Minor and a lot a friends and there circle. But, what About the others? You guys think about them?

The band need a big break, of course. But moving on is not disrespectful man.

Hans Muster, _cam_ and Knt.Slbs like this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

More hip hop elements would be nice. Maybe might eliminate Mike's need to do Fort Minor if LP albums from now on will be solo Mike records.

I like the idea of LP continuing as 5-piece with guests to assist Mike. To me, this is the only way I can see LP working post-Chester. Wouldn't feel right with a new vocalist.

MadNyankomon-Senpai and Knt.Slbs like this.
    Knt.Slbs

A collaboration project like Reanimation would be welcome for me.

Deliveranze likes this.