What was the first L.P. song you heard?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mysticliz, Jul 26, 2017.

Mysticliz

Mysticliz Well-Known Member

Hi I'm a newbie..

This idea been buzzing around my head all day on a long 12 hour shift at work...

What was the first L.P. song you heard?
    Post the video of the track if possible...
    Throwback to the WOW!! Factor of the first time... add the story behind discovering them if you like as well...

My daughter and mine was In The End...
    My partner at the time liked to YouTube surf. In the early hours of the am after coming in from pub... it started with final fantasy vids of Metallica tracks then he put this on and that was it for us.... we were hooked and the first common interest we shared... she was just 10 yrs old & has since had 2 LPU memberships and owns all but OML

Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

A friend of mine got Hybrid Theory on release day. I went over to his house and he was blasting it loud. The first song I heard was Forgotten. The next day I was the proud owner of Hybrid Theory.

silentstruggle

silentstruggle New Member

One step closer

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Numb. Not sure how I discovered the song (I legit can't remember how) but I discovered it in 2006 and was a casual LP fan for that year. Then in 2007 I became super excited for Minutes to Midnight to drop and the day it dropped was the day I became a hard core Linkin Park fan.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Mysticliz likes this.
    EvilMamma

EvilMamma Active Member

Papercut on 98Rock Baltimore. Heading to school to pick up my nephews.

Omg...was hooked. I've blown out speakers listening to them!

Mysticliz likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

What I've Done. Huge Transformers fan as a kid and bought the 2007 soundtrack. Ironically, Second To None was my second favorite song on there and I didnt know that was Mike Shinoda for years.

Second song was Numb, third song was In The End, both found in late 2007-2008, and then New Divide in 2009. Didn't become a fan until 2010

Mysticliz likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

"One Step Closer" back in late 2000. I thought it was really cool song, but it didn't pull me in. That honor belonged to "Papercut". But "In the End", like for most people, was what made me bought Hybrid Theory. Little did I know on that day in Nashville in 2002 that I had one of the greatest albums of the '00s in my possession.

Mysticliz likes this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I know I heard the Hybrid Theory singles growing up, but I didn't really appreciate any music until I heard Numb and said "what is this I need it in my veins".

The rest is history.

Mysticliz likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

OSC

I remember the commercials for HT and how funny the guys looked in the video

Mysticliz and Blake like this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

A Place for My Head

Mysticliz likes this.
    Ghoul

Ghoul Member

Runaway

Mysticliz likes this.
    chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

In The End on MTV in 2001 one Saturday morning. Back when they used to play all the popular trending music videos. The show was called The Hot Zone. LP were a frequent guest on MTV.

Mysticliz

Mysticliz Well-Known Member

I actually got my own wrong.. it turns out it was actually "what I've done" ....

But at the time didn't know who they were but loved the track and that the instrumentals were used but altered arrangement through out the film...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

What i've done was the first track i heard but didn't know who the band was until I heard the catalyst after finding What I've Done again in 2011. Wasn't invested in the band however until after the release of Living Things when I came across Lost in the Echo and the rest is beautiful history

Mysticliz likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Breaking the Habit in 2004, and since then I'm obssesed :)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

It was One Step Closer. I remember coming home from high school back in 2000 and turning on the radio to do my homework. When I turned it on I heard the end of One Step Closer. Was immediately hooked on that sound. Even after I got done with my homework, I hawked the radio waiting for them to play it again, hoping I could record it onto a cassette. :lol: Man, do I feel old.

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Either One Step Closer or In The End back in 2000. I recall seeing both videos on MTV/vh1 back then. But the song that got me into them was Runaway. My friend owned a copy of the album and let me borrow it. I didn't give it back for months he was pissed. Funny how I don't like Runaway very much anymore.

TheBowlCombo

TheBowlCombo Member

I was in 8th grade science talking with this kid about Last Resort by Papa Roach. He was like "yeah it's a good song but One Step Closer by Linkin Park is better". I was like who? Never heard of them. Later that night I was in the Wendy's drive thru with my Mom and I heard this ridiculously catchy song playing on the radio. It was a bit intense because let's face it Chester's vocals were intense when they first came out. The song ended and the radio DJ said " That was a new song. One Step Closer by Linkin Park". I was blown away. My little 13 year old mind couldn't fathom how amazing that voice was. I was hooked. Downloaded each song on freaking Napster until I had the whole album. The rest is history.

P.S. I know the guys hate it now but One Step Closer is probably my favorite video by Linkin Park. It really captured their energy, passion and edge. It propelled them onto the scene and I think that's important to remember.

wolfboy

wolfboy Active Member

The Crawling and In The End combo got me. Never liked One Step Closer however.

Deliveranze and Blake like this.
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Somewhere I belong. I still holds a very special in my heart for that reason.

Mysticliz, Blake and Deliveranze like this.