How are you coping?

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by StrictlyJohnD, Jul 26, 2017.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

School, friends and the gym distracts me. I've improved a lot.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Well, I don't get to think too much about it, I have so much piled up shit to do. But it's clearly affected me to the point where people around me notice it.

LP has always been an emotional outlet for me when I've had none. The bitter kid I was as a teenager slowly became nicer because of them but this week I've just been kinda unstable without it. One of my friends texting me was saying "sorry to bother you" repeatedly and then I realized I sounded much ruder than I meant to be. But I've mostly been exhausted with the heat and studies that I don't really have the time to think about Chester or the fact that he's gone.

Lynn and dontFindOutMe like this.
    Rav

Rav Member

For me, Im listening to LP whenever I can. In the last week ive wept in the car on the way to work whilst blasting LP songs like breaking the habit and the messenger. Ive also tried to watch funny videos and had a good cry in the shower :(

Im not sure why but i find it difficult to show my emotions around my family! They never mock and they know im a huge fan so they asked if im ok.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I've been doing ok but I feel incredibly sad right now as I know it was Chester's funeral today. My heart goes out to Talinda, the kids, the band and the rest of Chester's loved ones. I can't begin to imagine how difficult this must be for them.

This month started on such a high for me with seeing Linkin Park live in London (July 3rd) to this... :( I am grateful for all the times I got to see Chester and for all the memories. It still doesn't feel real. What an incredible man and what a huge fucking loss to this world.

Doridorica, Sasuke, Blake and 2 others like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

My life and the world has been making less sense every day and this just opened the hole even wider. I've just been listening to their music and watching videos of the band to relive the positive memories. They gave me so much joy and peace of mind. I will miss Chester so much. Such a sweet person with a wonderful sense of humor. I get a lot of my humor from this band tbh.

Chester's soul will be missed dearly. One of the most beloved artists that went too soon.

Sasuke, Doridorica and Ree like this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Listening to their albums and not reading headlines so much has helped. I have a sense of not wanting to be alone since this happened. I just want to be around people, weather it's in real life or on here.

It's still hard to imagine he's dead. I may not ever fully believe it.

Captain-EO and chowchowchowder like this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Like I said at the start of this thread, I'll be going to California next month. L.A. to be exact. One of the things I want to do is go to Hollywood Forever Cemetery and visit Chris Cornell's grave. Should I be able to do that, I'll say a prayer not just for Chris's soul, but for Chester's.

Carla likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Let me know if you happen to stumble upon Chester's grave. I really want to visit his grave but at the moment the information is unknown.

StrictlyJohnD likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

Talinda supposedly doesn't want Chester buried next to Chris because the spot is "too public". I guess she doesn't want to take away from the solemnity and dignity of Chris's final resting place.

I'll keep you posted no matter what.

Blake

Thank you!

Regardless I hope some day someone finds it so that I can visit it. It's on my bucket list now. One of only two things.

StrictlyJohnD

No problem, man. I want to visit his grave, too. I mean, if people can go to Michael Jackson's then we should be able to pay our respects at Chester's.

Blake

As long as he's buried in a graveyard we would be able to visit it. Graveyards are public places. We just have to find which graveyard and where in that graveyard Chester is located.

StrictlyJohnD

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I've been working crazy hours ever since it happened, so I haven't had too much time to process this, but every day a few times it pops up in my head that Chester is gone and it just hits me like a brick in that moment. I truly feel for his family and the band and hope they can overcome this difficult time as soon as possible.

I feel very, very sad that I never got to see LP live. I wish I would've taken a trip to Germany or Austria or Hungary when they played there, it would be such an amazing memory to have. Hopefully Chester's now playing the great gig in the sky.

Blake

Rav likes this.
    _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Today, I did watch Frat Party at Pankake Festival and I was surprised I was laughing the whole time. I thought everything's fine until I watched this Canadian film An Eye For Beauty which I cried non-stop whilst watching the closing credit. Maybe because there's a part of the film that talks about depression and mental illness and it hit me what happened to Chester. =/ All the love, Chester. You'll never be forgotten.

Modern Guitar God

Honestly wanna hug u all, this is a sad time for everyone. Especially after hearing about people taking their own lives after being so crushed with grief and depression.

I really feel for his children and wife especially, they must be wondering what went wrong and what they're supposed to do now.

Doridorica, Sasuke and Rav like this.
    Blake

I watched Frat party yesterday and it made my laugh for the first time since his death :)

kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

I'm not coping very well at all. My stress levels have gone through the roof, I'm more irritable than usual, I've been crying uncontrollably at random moments during the day, and after already going through years of extreme anxiety, I fear for my future. I'm already stressed out enough with my career and personal life, but this just fueled the fire.

Modern Guitar God

Thanks for sharing with us. It's a hard time for everyone. I'm sorry about all those things happening in your personal life. I can't imagine it's easy at all. Is there anyone you can talk to in irl about your problems? It sounds like you are having some serious thoughts. You can always talk in here or in the shoutbox. Try not to deal with this alone ok