Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Well I dunno. I can smile and joke around again but I'm sad as well. It's still hard and crazy. Sorry I double- posted. Not going to do this again

2. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

It's good that you can smike and joke around. Sad will last ya while I guess. One day you will get to the end of the day and think something was different and then realise that you were not sad. This is part of the grieving process

Lynn likes this.
  3. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Hey all - we're streaming on twitch.tv/lpassociation in a little bit (2:30 PM PT). I was hoping to speak to some of the feelings and thoughts people have been experiencing here, so feel free to stop by and listen in. I believe we will also listen through Reanimation, if you're interested.

4. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

It's bad that I can't but it's late night were I live..
    @Carla thank you, always for your words <3 how are u feeling ?

Carla likes this.
  5. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

We'll probably record it so you can listen to it at some point. :)

Hope you're well. <3

6. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I feel bad for not being able to listen to them yet... I see people listening to the band and that has actually been helping them, and for me it's the opposite :(

Lynn likes this.
  7. madridista89

madridista89 Member

Seriously please don't feel guilty about that! Everyone is doing that at their own pace. I can endlessly listen to Numb, Crawling, In the End and the likes but when I listen do The Messenger, Valentine's Day or Burning in the skies I'm a mess. I hear him singing Burning in the skies in my head and break down cause his voice and singing is just so perfect and I can't believe that this man is gone. That is the point where I listen to other artists to clear my head.

I can't listen to the new record. Even if it's been written and recorded before any of this happend - about stuff happening in 2015/16- it hits too close to home.

Carla, Lynn and YoMarques like this.
  8. YoMarques

Thanks for understanding. For me I even find it hard to listen to other artists... It's with music in general, I don't feel fulfilled right now. I try to find other things to do, but music was always the first thing I turned to when feeling bad.

Carla and Lynn like this.
  9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Everyone's got their own way of getting through this :) - you don't have to compare yours with anyone else's.

10. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Thank you <3 It's hard to answer this question these days cause I'm still feeling sad and sometimes it feels like he's still here and like it never happened. Then I'm seeing all these posts and it hits me again. I guess he's here tho - up there watching over all of us and he's proud of us sticking together this much. People who didn't know that each other existed before.
    Hope everyone has a better day today.

Carla likes this.
  11. Joh

Joh Active Member

Yesterday I realized I was feeling pretty bad. My head was thinking automatically and just about Chester and his death and every thought that comes with it.

But then I remind myself that metal health is important and that this is already unhealthy. Having all these symptoms physically and not being able to stop thinking anymore is not a good thing.

So I went for run outside without music, without a podcast and without my thoughts. Just me running and focusing on the breathing. Nothing more.

That was good.
    Yes I am still sad. Yes I still wish that was not happening. But staying in this spiral of thoughts the hole day is not good for us and doesn't help either.

So I hope everyone is able to get out of their thoughts at least for an hour or so. It doesn't mean you don't care anymore. It just means you take care of your own health. And that is important.

Hope everyone is somehow doing ok-ish. Hugs <3

chowchowchowder, Carla and Lynn like this.
  12. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing - REALLY
    I needed this today.

chowchowchowder, Carla and Joh like this.
  13. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

Better than last week. But cant listen to music or watch videos. Its too early.
    Hope you are getting better soon, too:wave:

14. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

One day at a time. <3 we're here for each other

Carla and darkviruz like this.
  15. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

How are you guys doing?

16. madridista89

madridista89 Member

Right now I'm like why bother? Everyone moves on. Everyone made their piece with it. Everyone is now living without him. Everyone seems to be okay with it.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  17. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

My mum buried her brother today and when she said to be buried next to him right now it killed me. I feel pretty drained myself because of what happened with Chester even though as not bad as before because I accepted he's gone and now acceptance phase started and now I have to be strong for my mum. Today when my uncle's coffin was put into ground I remembered Chester and how his family and others also had to be sedated to get through it just like my family. I started crying harder and then felt guilty: I'm not crying because my uncle's death.

Captain-EO, Carla and Lynn like this.
  18. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

My sincerest condolences.

Doridorica likes this.
  19. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

You shouldn't feel guilty, you know we can't do anything, we feel what we feel. I didn't cry at my uncle's and grandpa's funerals either. That doesn't mean we ain't sorry.

20. YoMarques

Thank you, and I hope I'll eventually be able to listen to them again :)