Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I think it is important to remind ourselves every day that it isn't anybody's fault. It's normal to feel guilty, it's just one of many feelings loss make us go through, but depression is a really complex illness. No matter how much help we get from other people, the most of it has to come from within ourselves. And we know Chester was trying his best, and he wanted to. Whenever I feel any guilt about it, I try to remind myself how far he had come and how much he overcame to get to where he was. Despite everything, he had many things that made him happy, and that's not easy to accomplish when you have such a illness like this, because the illness itself wants us to have absolutely nothing.
    I want to believe there will be a time when the unbearable pain will slowly get replaced by the peaceful thought of knowing that, despite all the suffering, he still managed to say he loved his life, his family and his job.
    It has been pretty tough for all of us, but I try to help all of you as well, and even though we might not feel any good things right now, there wil be a time we will. <3

Andreina, Carla and Lynn like this.
  2. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Exactly, we have to focus on positive things, to celebrate Chester's life and legacy and to appreciate it because we know he won't be forgotten. That's why we should focus on good things and try to get rid of thoughts that make us go into circle of "whys and what ifs" because they won't do any good.
    I've just watched a short clip of Chester performing Numb in the studio and Mike's expression was precious, I laughed so much:rofl:

YoMarques, Carla and Lynn like this.
  3. ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

Thank you, I appreciate it.

4. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Thank you for your words, you're right. It's just hard to remind yourself to think positive when you're sad and in a circle of thought that lead into nowhere... Trying my best and I hope it will get better.

YoMarques and Carla like this.
  5. Joh

Joh Active Member

It's #AThousandSmiles on twitter :)

Carla, Lynn and Doridorica like this.
  6. ZelesteBeauty

I mentioned this in a different thread but i will mention it here too but I am still trying to comprehend. I used to see Chester a lot when I lived in az because of club tattoo and then when I moved to Vegas I would see him a lot in planet Hollywood hotel because of a club tattoo there. We would always chat when I would see him. I remember we would talk about Saw and other stuff. I will forever cherish those memories. I just have been regretting not ever asking for a pic with him....i know it may sound stupid but thats one of the things that have been bothering me as well but at least I have the memories of having great conversations with him so that is something to hold on to and that's what I keep telling myself.

Modern Guitar God and Lynn like this.
  7. Doridorica

Is there a clip in which Chester accidentally slammed the door in Mike's face? A friend told me there's one but I don't remember seeing it.

Carla and Lynn like this.
  8. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Nobody can take these memories from you <3 wish I could have met him too.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  9. Joh

Joh Active Member

Haven't seen that one yet. I'll let you know if I see it somewhere

Carla likes this.
  10. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Just something I wanted to share. Not anyone else's account just a pic I posted on my IG.

11. ZelesteBeauty

Thank you so much! ♡♡♡
    We are having a memorial Sept 2nd at planet Hollywood...the day they were supposed to be here. I think things are being set up via with club tattoo.

Lynn likes this.
  12. YoMarques

Yes, it is hard to remember this when we're feeling really bad. Most of the times I can't do it either. But whenever you feel a bit better, remind yourself of that. Those are the moments when it makes more sense, and it will help you down the road :') <3

Lynn and Carla like this.
  13. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

I wanna thank you all so much for always saying the right things. Whenever I lose hope and I'm letting you know this you say something and I can feel that there's hope although I may not see it at the moment. You always make me believe in it getting better. There's not a single day I don't think of him, I'd even say he's on my mind the whole day... It's not always bad, it only gets worse when I think too much and get into that circle of thinking and analyze... Thank you. I often keep rereading your words and look up what you've written pages before... It really helps even tho it's hard. I hope it really gets better soon. Good night beautiful people. Hope you're well...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    ZelesteBeauty, Joh and YoMarques like this.
  14. YoMarques

Whenever you feel bad, we're here for you. We're all here for each other, and that's one of the most beautiful things the band has given us :) Goodnight, hope you can get some rest <3

Lynn likes this.
  15. Doridorica

I wanted tk say the same thing, whenever sth is on your mind just come here and write, pour our your soul because writing your feelings down helps. If you reread them later it puts things into another perspective and you're able to see that some things aren't as bad as you thought they were. A long time ago when I used to write it helped me a lot but after a few years I found my journal, read it and couldn't believe what I was thinking, like it was another person and I had to destroy it. Writing helps with processing your thoughts.

Lynn, AndreyKamensky and Andreina like this.
  16. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I just wish he hadn't left us all.

ZelesteBeauty, Carla, Joh and 4 others like this.
  17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's something all of us will always wish. He had so much left to offer this world.

18. Memory123

Memory123 Member

Somehow I have a really hard time accepting that it was suicide.
    My initial reaction when I found out was just pure disbelief and anger. I didn't understand why he would do something like that and somehow I was thinking he did it just because of Chris.
    I've been reflecting a lot over the past two weeks and I had to go back and think of my own depression I batteled some years ago. I tried to remember what kind of thoughts I had and how it felt cause I had almost forgotten how miserable I was back then.
    And then I question myself why I managed to get out of this and Chester didn't? What kind of thoughts and feelings must he have had that pushed him over the edge?

He's been through a lot and maybe it was just a little bit of everything that came to play. I always thought he had left his demons in his past. I was even shocked to find out that he had been dealing with addiction even till now.
    It breaks my heart to think that he maybe had planned this for a while so I'd like to think he just acted on his feelings he had in this moment. Back when I went through this really rough time I used to tell myself that I was only a burden to my family and friends. That everyone would be better off without me. Mabye it was the same for him.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    ZelesteBeauty and Lynn like this.
  19. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

You're right with what you're saying, I believe this too. I don't know if he planned it. Maybe it was all too much that night... Maybe he decided before... Sometimes it makes me crazy to not know. I guess these are just thoughts I have to stop thinking cause they lead to nowhere... No one will tell us. I remember the feelings I had when I found out first. Disbelief, nervous, anxious... I broke down and cried when I was sure that it was true. My life stopped for a minute. My whole youth flashed by. Yes I would to everything to bring him back somehow. Make it never happen.

ZelesteBeauty likes this.
  20. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Remember self compassion though. We cannot change the past but we can deal with the sting of what happened and how this makes us feel. We have the inner strength to heal ourselves. Be compassionate to ourselves by doing something we like totally away from this situation, just for a few minutes and remember what it feels like to be strong. Love ourselves for a few minutes a day and we will get through this together. If anyone needs to talk I am here for you. I am a trained cognitive behavioural therapist and have my own experience of depression and suicidal thoughts and self harm so I have a lot of experience to draw on. Anytime xxxx