How do I start a band?

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by viktorignatov77, Aug 6, 2017.

viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

So, guys, I have been thinking lately on that question. How to recruit band members, how to get a place to practice, everything. But I am not sure how to do it. My city is small, well not that small we are like 170000 people. I am planning to go to the one and only music store in town to place an ad. Tell me your suggestions. Any help and advice will be noted.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

It's all about consistency, commitment, and luck honestly. I live in a smaller city than you (about 130,000) and I feel the struggle of trying to find new people. I've branched out in many places with ads: social media, Starbucks' in a 15 mile radius, Sam Ash and Guitar Center, my university which is about 20 miles away... It's not easy.

As cliche as it is I spend hours with my band in the drummer's garage. Occasionally find some time to practice inside the house but it's difficult. Rehearsal spaces aren't too expensive, but when you aim for two 3-4 hour rehearsals like we do it could get costly. We rent the space before gigs so that we worry less about getting the space set up and proper, and more about our performance.

Just keep practicing on your own, stay passionate, and never stop improving and trying new ways to do things. You'll get where you want to be with time if you keep your head up and stay focused

viktorignatov77 likes this.
    viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the advices!