Addiction

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nobody Can Shave Me Now, Feb 10, 2017.

Deewelz

Deewelz Member

Before, I do. It feels like a day can't pass if I don't smoke weeds. But it changes when I found myself busy with something else like work, activities, and family.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I smoked from late 2005/early 2006 to 2016, pretty much nonstop except for one year (2009) when I was on probation because I was arrested for possession (and some other things). It was a constant struggle - I knew I probably shouldn't keep smoking weed, because it made me really unmotivated in life. Don't get me wrong - I love to be high. It's really the only drug I approve of, I don't even like alcohol. But there comes a point when you have to decide if you want to put it down for awhile, and better your life and then maybe come back to it later, or just keep smoking 8ths every few days and burning through money faster than I made it at that point in my life.

The mental addiction is a very real thing, too. The one thing I learned from quitting smoking a year ago was that the mind is a very powerful thing. It'll play some really nasty tricks on your body to make you think you should just get the THC back into your system so all of this goes away. I was having constant heart palpitations, really bad constipation, my vision got distorted at least once a day, night terrors, etc. It was pretty awful.

Do I still smoke? Yeah, but since I put it down in April of last year, I've smoked maybe 4 times since, and it was only one or two hits each time because my tolerance is so low and I knew I would freak out if I got too high. But sometimes it's nice to have a little puff to take the edge off. But do I go through $150 in a week on weed? No. Do I skip family events or leave early just so I can go home and get high? Nah.

I'm pretty sure you're not in the US, if my memory serves me correctly, so it might be different where you are, but if marijuana is ever legalized in my state or on a federal level - yeah, I'll probably go back to smoking. I just wouldn't be so dependent on it to cope with my anxiety issues and whatnot.

lime treacle likes this.
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I was smoking almost every day but it started making me feel really stupid, slow and having memory problems. So I only do it on the weekends now. For me personally it's not addictive, I don't need it, I can go a week without it easily.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Heart palpitations/constantly elevated heart rate when I stop smoking are the main things that stop me from stopping/having decent breaks. It's all mental of course, but it's hard to ignore when the solution is so easy.

Definitely not legal over here either, and won't be anytime soon.