It's beginning to sink in now that the band will never played together again.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by thesungoesdown, Aug 5, 2017.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

You have a point.

I guess I was thinking less about festivals because I personally feel like Linkin Park without Chester doesn't sell out Arenas in the US anymore. I actually feel like they might have to downgrade in venue size.

Like in Seattle instead of Key Arena/The Gorge/Tacoma Dome (18k+ at every venue I believe) downgrade to WaMu theater (7k)

Memory123

Memory123 Member

Fortunatly they were able to stay relevant for 17 years but what if Chester hadn't died? Would've they been still popular in 5, 10 or 15 years? We don't know. They could have become legends like ACDC or the Stones. Or they could've become less relevant but still do music and just play at smaller venues.

But ultimately we don't know the future. We don't know what is in store for them and personally I think atleast Mike, Brad and Hahn are just getting to their prime. Maybe Hahn is a famous director and Mike a hit-selling producer in 15 years? Or they're still rocking on with Linkin Park. Or they decide to retire and live a quiet life.

We don't know but I'm still excited to see what paths they're going to take.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I truly believe that they will continue as a hip hop group. They can use Chester's playback especially for the old stuff, but i think we can see alot of fort minor flavor in LP now

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I agree... Or doing more ballads like SOTD, LOTR, Invisible, Iridescent, My December. I want to hear more Mike on ballads with Brad as well.

Bart

Bart Member

It's really weird that the band didn't cancel the asia tour, does somebody know if that's normal if something like this happens to a band?

I mean they cancelled the American tour, you should think that they all know ththat there is another tour scheduled a couple months ahead?

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Well the North American tour started in less than a week so they had to cancel it right away. They technically don't have to cancel the Asia tour until it's time to do so as they have more time to think plans over before then.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

While I'd say it's likely they'll cancel the asia tour, they could potentially be planning to do something similar to A Thousand Horizons, where it's an art show/experience intended to memorialize Chester. Always a possibility.

Nadja

Nadja Active Member

My situation :( So you're not alone here.

I don't know if it's good to think so (too egoistic probably) but i want them to continue doing music together. Maybe not as Linkin Park, but i want to believe.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I hope they'll continue under any name because there are 5 creative forces left and it would be such a shame to stop. But I know it will take them
    months to do anything.
    The reality of them never playing together again will, for me, sink in when there's no waiting for the next album or tour dates with the rest of the fans here.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

These are the options:
    • Continue under a different name
    • Disbanding
    • Continue as LP with a new singer
    I honestly don't know which one I'd prefer at this point, tbh.

Bubbles

Bubbles I blow a lot of...

Been a fan for 13 years. Finally bought tickets this year. Extremely sad....