How are you coping?

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by StrictlyJohnD, Jul 26, 2017.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

So it's been a few weeks now, just wanna put this question out there:

Has anyone taken any shit for grieving over this? For example, someone telling you to just get over it or by not understanding why you'd be upset over (for example) "just a rock star"?

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Well not exactly giving me shit but my parents did not really understand why I was so depressed over a singer's death despite me telling them he was my favorite and I've been listening to him for over 14 years. Dad was kinda understanding but Mom was dumbfounded. Especially just days in, I was not talking properly, hardly slept, tearing up and all that. So my parents thought it was some other serious issue and not this.
    My friends were definitely more understanding because they knew how much I adore these guys.

dontFindOutMe likes this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Of course they do so I keep everything inside, come here or sometimes talk to a girl I met online. Chester was some insignificant person for my friends in real life and they don't ask anything and I'm even embarrassed to say I'm going to the memorial because in their opinion that's not what adults do. However, I think I'm getting better, sure I still can't watch videos or have to be in a special mood, can't listen to some songs and wonder why but it's not every day anymore that I'm very sad. I still think of him every day and am sad but it's better than it used to be.

Memory123

Memory123 Member

At work & crying right now cause I'm an emotional mess. Luckily I'm alone so it doesn't matter...

Ironically I thought I was doing better so idk where all these emotions are coming from.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Thankfully, no. And even if they did mess with me about it, I'd ignore them.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

My mother has fortunately been very supportive. She knew what impact Linkin Park had on my life, and how important they were to me. I think she was even hurt by his passing as well.

But I have seen friends go through what you said, and it angers me. Highly.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Nope. My instagram has been mainly Linkin Park, my Facebook has been all Linkin Park. One person in real life that I've talked to this about has been supportive because he's also a Linkin Park fan and just as sad as me. No one has said anything negative about me doing so. One person actually said positive things to me about it. In general I never really talked about Linkin Park in real life except to a few people over the years. So having LPA and now a Linkin Park Seattle Facebook group have helped.

zey_ara

zey_ara New Member

thanks so much

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, life doesn't stop at this moment and let me grief in peace even though I'm not as sad as I used to be. I just wish everything could be back to normal without fighting with my parents, my mum mourning her brother so I could mourn in peace. Everything is too stressful, trying to balance between parents, friends and my own feelings of not being too well. I could turn to LP music at the times like this but now it's too much to listen to it. Today a thought of visiting a psychologist came to my mind again but it will have to wait because I don't have time aand it's still a tabu here so my parents can never know. I can't tell them anything because Chester was just some stupid guy who killed himself, they don't even know how much LP means to me and I want to keep it that way.

Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Yes. Mum told me more than once to grow up and stop being so silly over someone I never knew. Linkin park have been a huge part of my life for a long time though and I feel like chester was a bit of a safety net for me

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Yeah I've been hit with the "I don't get it, you're being dramatic" comment too. It is disheartening but you just remember that we have supportive people like the ones on LPA, and you'll be good.

StrictlyJohnD

This '80s version of "Numb" cheers me up instantly.

Carla likes this.
    Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

That's instant cheer up music. Love it, thanks for sharing

StrictlyJohnD likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

No problem. I found it by accident a few days ago.

ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

I love this lol

StrictlyJohnD likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

I want to hear more New Wave versions of LP songs :pacman:

ZelesteBeauty likes this.
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Yeah, I've not been doing well. It's as if everything went to hell as soon as Chester passed. Just problem after problem, emotional turmoil after emotional turmoil. It has not gotten any better for me.

KrwlngGirlLP

KrwlngGirlLP Active Member

Im so sorry to hear that. I hope that you can find a way to heal , I know nothing can happen over night and everything seems like there's no way out. I've been taking it one day at a time. I just finished watching live at Milton Keynes and cried my heart out .
    Im still having trouble accepting his death and just feel so shattered. My close ones don't see that I feel broken about it . It's been tough for me this year as well because it's been a lot of downs and with Chester passing it has made it x10 worse. I feel like I'm stuck on a emotional roller coaster and can't seem to get myself off of it .
    Linkin Park has made a huge impact on my life since I was 10 yrs old . They've been the ones to heal me at my worst times . I don't know what to do, besides appreciate the music they've done but it's sad to know chesters voice won't be heard anymore .

Captain-EO likes this.
    ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

I feel you. This year has been rough on me and a lot of people. I found my grandfather dead a few months ago and I have been struggling to deal with that trauma...Chester's death is not helping either.

Captain-EO likes this.
  20. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I think we can all agree Chester would have thought this was kick ass.